1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

Cosmo 9/27 to 10/2

Discussion in 'Vegas Trip Reports' started by Jayhawk Fan, Sep 27, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Jayhawk Fan

Jayhawk Fan Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:

My Trip Report

Hi everyone. I have lurked on this site for a while, and after enjoying so many TRS I decider to register and try my own.

I am going to be staying at Cosmo for 5 nights starting tonight. I will be travelling solo and the purpose of the trip is a work conference. However, there should still be plenty of gambling and food. I will attempt to update through out.

Getting ready to head to the airport in a few, but will make a quick stop at the local for a heat check.

• Like Like x 1
  2. Jayhawk Fan

Jayhawk Fan Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Heat check time. Hopefully the dice are kind!

Attached Files:

3. Jayhawk Fan

Jayhawk Fan Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Heat check shows the dice ice cold right now... dropped $400 in about 30 mins. However, I did find a $1 chip in the parking lot so maybe things are changing..

-$399 so far and I cannot wait to get to Vegas!

Pic is of the chip I found... will it be the lucky chip or the only thing I come home with?

Attached Files:

• Like Like x 1
  4. jamesxnj

jamesxnj VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Have a great trip Jayhawk Fan...curious if your work conference is Credit Union related as my nephew is also heading to the Cosmo from NJ/MD on a work trip.

5. Jayhawk Fan

Jayhawk Fan Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Jamesxnj I fully intend to have a great trip. The conference is credit union related. Perhaps I will run into your nephew.

6. Jayhawk Fan

Jayhawk Fan Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    KCI might not be the nicest airport, but went from parking car to checking bag to security to sitting at pork & pickle in 17 minutes. Can't complain about that.

7. Jayhawk Fan

Jayhawk Fan Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    First food pic of the trip... nothing fancy here. Grilled cheese, bacon, and tomato sandwich with fries.

Attached Files:

8. RealSolGlow

RealSolGlow MIA

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Looking forward to following along. I'll be at MGM this Saturday with a late check out Sunday night to head back to the east coast early Monday morning.

9. Sheil813

Sheil813 High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I just spent 4 days at Cosmo. Had a great time!

10. Jayhawk Fan

Jayhawk Fan Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Woo-hoo on the ground in Vegas. Waiting for my bag and then time for an uber to cosmo!

• Like Like x 1
  11. Jayhawk Fan

Jayhawk Fan Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Well the uber went great. $11.47 plus tip. Check in extremely quick, but denied on the $20 trick. In the west tower on the 51st floor in the basic room. More than enough for my need for the next 5 days. Going to get unpacked and then head out for a bit. Absolutely no plans tonight. I am just going to see what happens. I am sure I will be at a craps table before long!

12. Dr Nostron

Dr Nostron VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Had one nice roll at Cosmo last weekend - hit 4 points and only lacked the ace/deuce from getting the All

Best of luck!!!

13. Vegasworm

Vegasworm Finger Clicker Extraordinaire

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Hope you have a great trip! Good luck!

Vegasworm

14. tringlomane

tringlomane STP Addicted Beer Snob

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I'm glad KCI isn't a very busy airport. It has a disasterous design for the TSA Era. Most bathrooms are outside security. Doh!

Good luck on the trip!

Kicking off the Trip with Two New Hotels to Us!!!
  15. Jayhawk Fan

Jayhawk Fan Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Tringlomane, I could not agree with you more about KCI.

16. Jayhawk Fan

Jayhawk Fan Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    So I kind of went on tilt last night. I could not get anything going at the craps table. I played some at Cosmo, PH, Paris, and Cromwell and was a loser at all of them. I kept chasing and ended up losing 60% of my five day bankroll. I did collect on a fire 4 at Cromwell, but it was one of the quickest ever. 3 of the points the lady set she won on the next roll and the 4th only took a couple of tosses. Was the most profitable roll of the night, buthe that's not saying much.

I ended up frustrate and went back to my room and just ordered rooms ermine and called it a night.

So far this morning craps hasn't been as cruel and I am playing a bit more conservative. On a positive note the slots have been very nice too me today. Won enough between a Flintstones, walking dead, and some monopoly game to get me within $200 of even so feeling much better.

17. Miller12pack

Miller12pack High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    That first night is always a killer, but you have plenty of time to win it all back. And then win some more. Have a great trip. I love solo trips.

18. Richard Alpert

Richard Alpert LOST

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Another Vegas gambler with a work problem! I hope the work time flies by!

Nice recovery on the slots! Hope things keep heading the right direction.

RICHARD

19. Jayhawk Fan

Jayhawk Fan Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Alright I am going to call it an early night tonight. 1st night of my work conference is over and it was rather uneventful, but the gambling today was pretty exciting... especially after last night.

So this morning started out slow at the craps table played for about 45 minutes and colored up down only $75. Getting tired of just of losing at craps I decided to try some slots. Normally I don't play much slots, but glad I did today. No handpays or anything too spectacular, but just a lot of decent wins that added up.

Played Flintstones quite a bit and just kept getting bonus after bonus.

20160928_083425.jpg

After all the bonuses I ended up cashing out for a little over $400 not bad for a $20 buy in.

I then went and tried a $0.25 monopoly game that was 9 lines. I hit the bonus almost immediately and the wheel spun and landed on Boardwalk for a nice 1000 credit win. Hit another bonus a few spins later and it landed on North Carolina and paid 2x on that one for around $50. Didn't take any pics there but cashed out plus $275 on that game.

Tried a walking dead game out and hit a wheel bonus that paid pretty well. 20160928_145739.jpg

Bounced around a few more slots and could not lose, but nothing big just quick hit and runs for $20 - $40 wins and before I knew it i was back to even for the trip.

I needed to get back for the start of the conference, but as I walked by one the craps tables I decided to just take $100 and see if things were going any better. I decided to just bet the entire amount on one roll and had them set me up with $100 outside. Well the shooter proceeds to hit a 9 which I collected $35 on and then a 10 which I collect 25 on and use the other $24 to place the 8. Next roll she sevens out.

Now I have 15 mins before the opening session of my conference and I am at a craps table with $60. So, do I walk away... no! I place the 6 & 8 for $30 each and the next shooter goes on a nice little heater! Except he is throwing all outside numbers and I am collecting nothing. He makes 4 points and still hasn't rolled a single 6 or 8. Next come out roll he sets the point to 9 and all of a sudden the 8'same start coming like crazy... press to 60 on the 1st one then collect $70 twice. After that I start pressing to 90, 120, 150, 180, 240, 300, 360... he hit some other numbers in here including enough 6s to get it pressed to 120. Finally he makes the 9. After he sets the next point I take my bets down and the setup with $160 across and he finally 7s out after a couple more tosses. Look at my phone and I am 15 mins late to my meeting so I color up. $1745... I toss the dealers the $45 and take off to my meeting. Not bad for a $100 buy in.
    20160928_161017.jpg

After the welcome recaption was over I hit the craps table one more time and won another $275 real quick to end the night.

Now up right around 2k for the trip and feeling pretty good. Hope things continue like this for tomorrow.

• Like Like x 6
  20. Jayhawk Fan

Jayhawk Fan Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Oh I forgot one more ok slot win... plants vs zombies. Felt like it could have been much bigger but I will take it.

20160928_204029.jpg

Last edited: Sep 29, 2016
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.