1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

My first (God I'm getting old) moment

Discussion in 'Non-Vegas Chat' started by Big dan, Sep 24, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Big dan

Big dan High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    so today I was taking my wife out to our local Olive Garden for lunch on her birthday and I order a blue moon to pair with my Italian food (because.....beer goes with everything) when the waitress who was proboblly barely 21 asked for my id she said "that's the same year my mom was born." God I'm getting old!
    I'm not even 40 yet. Grrrrr

• Funny Funny x 4
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  2. Joe

Joe VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I'll just bite my tongue about Olive Garden, but one of our local grocery chains requires ID, at any age, to purchase alcohol. I'm in my 60s!!

• Funny Funny x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  3. Johnzimbo

Johnzimbo VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    About ten years ago my ex and I went to IHOP, when I was mid-40's. Waitress asked me (I did turn grey prematurely) if I wanted the senior special which was for 55 or older. I replied "I'm not 55" and she said "it's OK, I can give it to you if you are 50"

Annual me and Pete
    • Funny Funny x 9
    • Like Like x 2
  4. Richard Alpert

Richard Alpert LOST

Trips to Las Vegas:
    All my favorite songs from the 80s are now on the oldies station.

Also, I drew a crowd after finishing a 10K recently with my Walkman in hand. A crowd of kids came over right after I ran through the finish chute. I thought they were coming to congratulate me on a great run. It turns out they wanted to know what the heck I had my earbuds plugged into.

RICHARD

• Funny Funny x 6
    • Like Like x 1
  5. BlacklabberMike

BlacklabberMike MIA

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Fenway Park is like that.

6. Electroguy563

Electroguy563 Vegas Joker

Trips to Las Vegas:
    This 21 yr. old shows immaturity and unprofessionalism by commenting on something that is personal. It's unfortunate that what she was thinking came out of her mouth.

I'm sure she didn't mean nothing by her comment. She'll understand in 20 years or so. When it happens to her.

• Like Like x 2
  7. Big dan

Big dan High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Haha it's all good I just thought it was crazy someone my age could have a daughter that old until I did the math then thought "God I'm getting old"

8. FullPay

FullPay When the going gets weird, the weird turn pro

Trips to Las Vegas:
    The first time I walked into Mickey Dee's to get a coffee before the six am shift and was charged the seniors price: age 46. Probably not my best morning.

Bros are back!
    • Funny Funny x 1
  9. Richard Alpert

Richard Alpert LOST

Trips to Las Vegas:
    At our closest McDonald's the employees carry the coffee to the table for the seniors who are "dining-in," just to be on the safe side. (Lots of dropsies, I guess.)
    They just started carrying my folks' coffees, but they still think I'm capable of handling it on my own!

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  10. The Stig

The Stig VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I'm 45 today and thanks for the birthday mention on the board. Age is a number it hurts a little more now but I get through it. When I'm in Vegas though I'm 21 again.

• Like Like x 3
    • Agree Agree x 1
  11. vegasdev

vegasdev VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    .... that's a good one!

12. vegasdev

vegasdev VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I try to remember when I was young, I think pretty much anyone over 30 looked old, so I try not to let those innocent comments hurt. I have a part time job that I have had for 28 years. I tell my mostly young co-workers, that I was working there before they were born. the look on their faces is funny, stunned, puzzled, scared, speechless, confused trying to do the math.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  13. Richard Alpert

Richard Alpert LOST

Trips to Las Vegas:
    In a few years I'll be watching some miscellaneous Saturday afternoon television and Jon Bon Jovi--or his hologram--will appear on the screen.

"Hi, this is Jon Bon Jovi for Time-Life Music. For those of us who rocked the 80s and 90s, we know it was a time of many things. But the greatest of these is love. Now you can own these songs on 66 compact discs of 7 songs each. We've assembled only the best songs of love, tenderness, innocence and devotion. Ladies and gentlemen...This is Innocent Love of the Eighties and Nineties!"

And the song titles begin to scroll on the screen.

Love in an Elevator

The Thong Song

Me So Horny

Rico Suave

Operators standing by!

• Like Like x 1
  14. Jerseyguy

Jerseyguy MIA

Trips to Las Vegas:
    You know you're old when you cant remember when you first realized you're old. Thank god for Pandora,I can still relax to music from the 50's and 60's.

• Like Like x 2
  15. Breeze147

Breeze147 Button Man

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Yes, glad you said that! I was carded at Fenway when I was in my late '50's.

I tell them now that I've been 21 three different times.

I always tell the young 'uns when they get carded at the tables in Vegas, the time to be upset is when they STOP asking for ID.

The other day, going into a Wawa, I had trouble remembering if I was 67 or 68 and I decided I would work it out in my head. I know for certain I was born in 1949, but for a very long second, I struggled remembering that this was 2016.

• Like Like x 1
  16. Big dan

Big dan High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Haha yup I have to do the math all the time and I suck at math so sometimes I still get it wrong:eek:

17. dmr

dmr Registered Abuser

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I've recently been carded for, of all things, cough syrup and spray paint! I'm now in my 60s, although I do not feel it and am in denial, but I could not pass for under 21 under any circumstances!

18. Jerseyguy

Jerseyguy MIA

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I just remembered a getting old moment.Before we went to Vegas on the 14th. I thought I'd try that groupon thing. Worked out fine,we got a lunch deal at Pampas for two with 1 hour of beer and sangria for about $58.Trouble is I forgot I had it while we were out there. Groupon was great,they credited me back the money into my account so I put some money to it and ordered a new watch. Dont know shit about watches but I paid $94 and googled the same watch and saw JC Penny wanted $350 . Figure it's a win/win because Groupon could have just said tough shit pal ,not our fault you forgot.

19. nostresshere

nostresshere Mr. Anti Debit Card

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Personally, I would have no problem at all if somewhat commented on my age as that waitress did. No big deal at all.

20. flyguyfl

flyguyfl MIA

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I just tell them I am 20 with x number of years experience.

• Like Like x 2
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.