1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

Quick Trip 9/21

Discussion in 'Vegas Trip Reports' started by VegasDave, Sep 21, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. VegasDave

VegasDave Addicted

Trips to Las Vegas:

My Trip Report

Currently on my Southwest flight in SFO about the leave. Forgot to check in on time yesterday morning but even after 2 hours I still got A group boarding. Close to the door in the aisle to make a quick get away when I get to the promised land just before 830!

Reason for going is my buddy is headed to the iHeart music festival and he asked if I could come out to get him a better deal on the room. I jump at any chance, even though I can't stay for the weekend madness. I booked him at Ballys for the next 3 nights and took 1 night at the Cosmo for myself. I was surprised when I looked at the rates for tonight, over $1000 for a regular room??? What the hell is going on in Vegas right now? Nothing pops up on the event calendar. Was glad my host hooked up a last minute reservation.

Plans are to become unrecognizably sauced up prior to his arrival at 5pm tonight and find some trouble to get into at that point. First stop today will be breakfast, anyone want to chime in a place to head to? I am just going to Yelp it otherwise.

Second stop will be Ballys to check in and then over to Cosmo most likely. After that I will be trying to get into Caesars for swim up black jack if the rules aren't super horrible.

See you on the otherside!

• Like Like x 1
  2. Niteshade

Niteshade VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    If you are going to Bally's - Mon Ami Gabi has a nice
    breakfast at Paris, or if you like a buffet - the Paris Buffet
    for breakfast is really good, Giada's serves breakfast at
    the Cromwell, there is always Hash House at the LinQ.
    Or if you make it to Cosmo - The Henry is good.
    You have lots to choose from around where you will be.
    Enjoy and hope you have a great trip!

3. VegasDave

VegasDave Addicted

Trips to Las Vegas:
    We have touchdown!

Thanks for the recommendation, been to MAG a couple times and loved it, probably an easy call to stick with the best!

4. ayoj

ayoj Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Not a table service place but Eggslut at the Cosmo (2nd floor) is very good! Lines get longer throughout the day so breakfast would be great.

5. VegasDave

VegasDave Addicted

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Ended up checking in at Cosmo first and stayed with the Henry, wish I would of read the eggslut post to try that out!

First order of business after food will be either video poker or Lord of the rings slot that was nice to me last time.

6. TIMSPEED

TIMSPEED Money’s on the way, with CashNetUSA

Trips to Las Vegas:
    good luck!
    LIB festival is this week/weekend isn't it?

7. Richard Alpert

Richard Alpert LOST

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Enjoy the quickie, VegasDave!
    I'll be watching for your handpay posts!

RICHARD

8. VegasDave

VegasDave Addicted

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Oh yeah! Life is beautiful not iHeart.
    So after going up and down and down and down I hit a couple nice hits on the carnival machines. Would post but it looks like I need to upload to a secondary site like Facebook?

Went to Henry and eggslut both today and my buddy is about to arrive with his friend so a quick post before that just in case!! Not doing good on tables although I watched a guy betting a couple grand next to me in black jack and win a little.

9. VegasDave

VegasDave Addicted

Trips to Las Vegas:
    So been sitting at a walking dead machine that gave me the wheel. Hit max wheel on 3rd spin and then immediately gave me 25 free games. I have hit retriever 3 times in about 15 minutes and sitting at game 47 of 75.

Thank God I didn't try to record this, don't know if my phone has enough memory to support a 3 hour free game session. Winning 96 dollars at the moment. Wish it would give me a screen of guts.

Lol edit. As I was typing I got another 25 free games. So you will know where to find me until my plane leaves in the morning at 9am.

• Like Like x 3
  10. mrjvegas

mrjvegas VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    hahahahahaha......the one on the right at Cosmo took $400 bucks off of me in 7 minutes literally a week ago. ugh.

11. VegasDave

VegasDave Addicted

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Well they don't give it back quite as fast...

So wrapping it up I lost 90% of my bankroll but look forward to some good offers in the future. Back home in San Francisco about to go to work.

Gonna add some photos, tried from the phone just now but it is working slow.

12. VegasDave

VegasDave Addicted

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Message_1474474010187.jpg

• Like Like x 1
  13. VegasDave

VegasDave Addicted

Trips to Las Vegas:
    20160921_102601_HDR.jpg

• Like Like x 1
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.