1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

CET reply to my my RIO complaint

Discussion in 'Off-Strip Hotels' started by jamesxnj, Sep 17, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. jamesxnj

jamesxnj VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I contacted CET about how the Rio isn't what it used to be.

Your Question

09/16/2016 10:40 AM

Sirs: With regret I send this message to you..I have been a visitor to your hotel once or twice a year since 2002.
    My friend and I checked into Masquerade room 24002 under his reservation (Diamond level status) and we were a bit surprised there was no coffee maker in the room or glass drinking glasses there? This was 9/7/16.
    MIni-bar was also empty..and I have noticed these same things past couple years.
    This same trip my friend and I stayed at the Gold Coast and the Orleans and they had amenities (Coffee maker and glass) in room upon arrival.
    I cancelled a reservation for the Rio under my name and decided to stay an extra day at the Orleans on 9/13/16. Sorry to say..
    Please forward this regret from a long-time patron of the Rio and probably now not an advocate of it on social media as well to whomever may take it into consideration.
    Sincerely James

Answer

09/16/2016 05:00 PM

Hello James,

Thank you for contacting Rio Las Vegas. I appreciate the time you took to share your concerns and observations regarding your recent visit. I was disappointed to learn that you were unhappy with the lack of glasses and coffee maker in the room. Our goal is to provide our guests with the finest accommodations. I’m sorry to hear that we were not able to meet that goal, especially when it causes you to cancel your reservation with us.

As we continually strive to improve, the information you shared allows us the opportunity to see our operation from your perspective. Please be assured that your concerns have been discussed with out Hotel Management. We can't act on all of the feedback, but please know that we do take all our guest's feedback seriously.

Warm regards,

Holly
    Total Service Central Team
    Caesars Entertainment

I was expecting something more..I think CET does not care about regulars anymore and want new customers who just take whatever they get,play 6/5 BJ in the party pit and ride the Zip-line..

Just my opinion BTW..Disagree if you feel like it..But the resort fee here is BS and no real glass in the room and your goal is to provide guests with the finest accomodations?? Gimme a break haha

• Like Like x 4
  2. Richard Alpert

Richard Alpert LOST

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Looks like a form letter sent in reply, with "lack of glasses and coffee maker in the room" typed in.
    I'm sure GC and Orleans appreciate your business, James!

Thanks for sharing!

RICHARD

• Like Like x 1
  3. M0rtyC

M0rtyC TBD

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I left CET a couple years ago. Throught RIO was great 7+ years ago but they have left the property looking up at Day's Inn and the other 3rd tier properties. Just for grits and shins I checked rates for December. 3 of 4 nights free but with resort fees and taxes it was over $185. Really?

4. nostresshere

nostresshere Mr. Anti Debit Card

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Any response if going to be boilerplate. They are not about to make a big change based on one letter.

BUT - thank you for sending the letter. Once they get enough and/or feel it is impacting their revenue/profit - it may change. At the same time, if some whiz accountant figures they are saving more money than they lose, then it does not change.

• Like Like x 1
  5. Shoftiel

Shoftiel Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I hate the Rio, is run down and everyone there acts as if you are stuck there. I'm stuck in my next visit there as I'm going to a training/convention hosted there, they comped my stay, but they charge $100 a night plus taxes and fees to everyone else booking to the convention and I imagine that is how they get their money. Be assure I will not be playing there during my stay and I already booked extra rooms in other hotels where I plan to gamble as they resort sucks.

6. dmr

dmr Registered Abuser

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Last time we stayed there I walked over to Gold Coast, as Rio has taken out most of the machines I like. There's a new convenient crosswalk and a nice lighted passageway through the Gold Coast garage especially for that very purpose. :)

7. jgates8

jgates8 VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Many LV hotel rooms do not have coffee makers. Only the 'higher' level room types in most CET hotels have them. The lack of glassware was more likely a mistake by housekeeping, as they normally have them for brushing teeth etc. at least. I actually prefer a disposable type of cup as I have accidentally dropped a glass one - didn't end well lol.

Easter again..:
    • Agree Agree x 1
  8. NewOrleansSlimm

NewOrleansSlimm VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    cross rio off the list of places to stay if they went downhill so much...you can get comped or next to nothing rooms on the strip with the things you need

I always stay at CP, decided to switch things up and try a CET property on the other side as thats where I mostly hang out

stayed last week, booked a suite at Ballys, got upgraded to a better and bigger suite from my host...

room didnt have a mini bar, but it had a big bar (alcohol supplied by you), 2 refrigerators, about 12 glasses, 3 TVs, 2 bathrooms, 4 phones, coffee and a coffee maker ect ect ect and Ballys is a low cost hotel, one of the lowest from CET

• Like Like x 1
  9. nostresshere

nostresshere Mr. Anti Debit Card

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Keep in mind, that your CET ADT will drop down during that stay. Each day will have zero/low play that will figure into your average and future comps will reflect that.

10. Royal Flusher

Royal Flusher Savvy Gambler

Trips to Las Vegas:
    On different occasions, I gave feedback to the Four Queens. One was praising some aspect of the stay. Another time they 'fell short of my expectations'.

SAME LETTER back both times! I had to laugh.

11. salukidean

salukidean High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I don't understand why anyone would want real glasses in their room anymore. It's a proven fact that these are never replaced in most properties and only cleaned with with a squirt of window cleaner and a dirty rag. I'd much rather drink out of a paper cup anytime and know its safe than utilize a glass which may be toxic. This is actually one change for the Rio which is for the better.

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 2
  12. Snidely

Snidely VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I'll be at Rio in a few weeks. I'm hoping plastic cups and no coffee maker are the least of my worries.

13. bjpcyclone

bjpcyclone High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Curious what were you expecting from them? I wouldn't expect them to put coffee makers in their rooms because of your complaint. That said, I'm glad you provided the feedback because if enough people do it, things can change.

• Agree Agree x 1
  14. Nevyn

Nevyn VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    What more were you really expecting? I mean, I agree the Rio has gone downhill, but this wasn't a service error.

They made the decision to not include coffee makers, to go with plastic cups, and not do mini bar. If enough people complained then left, they may not reverse it. But they are not going to promise changes when it is an intentional policy, nor give you much for free either. Now, if you'd gotten rude service somewhere, there may have been more follow up.

But no coffee maker? No place for that conversation to go, really.

15. ken2v

ken2v This Space For Rent

Trips to Las Vegas:
    The OP felt that standards he'd come to expect from a favored service provider had fallen off, why is he being challenged for that?

For me, after 20+ years going to Vegas across 100+ trips, the big takeaway from then to now for me is how many people justify and rationalize service erosion.

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Like Like x 1
  16. smerrian

smerrian View from Bally's

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I like staying at Rio. The rooms are large, the beds are comfy and the pool is really nice. I get comped due to my play at my local CET property. But when I stay there the most they get is 1/2 hour of play a day at low level craps...the games are just sooo much fairer at the Gold Coast next door that I do almost all of my play over there. The quality and the price of the restaurants at Gold Coast is also much better than the restaurants at Rio. As I said, I like the Rio to stay at but their gaming and restaurants are totally out-shined by their smaller neighbor.
    As for glass vs. plastic cups, there is just a feel to having a glass in your hand to which plastic doesn't compare. When you get into the room open the bar of soap and just clean the glass yourself. Easy-peasy and you don't feel like you're in a cheap Motel 6.

17. jamesxnj

jamesxnj VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I just wanted to vent a bit that even a Diamond status player gets a room without a coffee maker and real glasses..They have Keurigs there I know for a fact.Perhaps because the Ipenema tower is non-smoking now got us a shitty un-renovated in the masquerade tower..still had the shower window.It's just that imo when you stay at a place x amount of times you should expect the same as you have gotten before,not less.

Snidely= Have a great trip.

18. jamesxnj

jamesxnj VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Thanks Ken and Smerrian for the replies.

19. gotChopin

gotChopin Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Part of the fun hanging out at vegas is going out to drink and to have coffee somewhere nice or w people. Id say having no coffee maker in the room is a blessin.
    Those coffee makers dont make a good cup of coffee anyways.

20. bjpcyclone

bjpcyclone High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I'm glad the OP shared his opinion with the Rio management. And I'm glad they responded. I applaud him for voting with his feet and letting them know exactly WHY he was doing it.

But I'm not sure what the OP expected the resolution to be - to put coffee makers in every room (or even Diamond member's rooms) because of his email?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.