1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

Do you believe in Loch Ness Monster, Bigfoot etc.

Discussion in 'Non-Vegas Chat' started by vwhiten, Sep 16, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Valgal

Valgal VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    A new photo has surfaced on the Loch Ness Monster. Still I am always skeptical. I remember all the hype from the Big Foot film back in the 60's. For the longest time it was thought to be real. They conned a lot of people with that one. I remember seeing a documentary on Bigfoot. A park ranger or some kind of wildlife expert had stated that if Bigfoot was real they would have found Bigfoot scat etc. I don't believe in little Green Men from outer space.

I could believe that there is some large eel etc that is the Loch Ness Monster.

https://www.thesun.co.uk/news/1790591/amateur-photographer-claims-to-have-taken-one-of-the-most-convincing-photos-of-the-loch-ness-monster-ever/

2. PsyDoc

PsyDoc High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I don't know whether the Loch Ness Monster exists or not, but I do know that 'The Sun' in the UK is full of crap (please excuse my language).

• Like Like x 1
  3. Breeze147

Breeze147 Button Man

Trips to Las Vegas:
    No, I do not believe that Nessie is anything more than a large eel that grows in those waters.

I don't believe in Bigfoot because there would be natural signs such as scat, fur, bones, nests, Bigfoot women and baby Bigfoots.

OTOH, how in the world could all of these eyewitnesses come forward and swear they are telling the truth about the sightings? From all over the place and all tell pretty much the same basic story. How could all of these people be lying.

Ever see those goofballs that have the show on one of the cable channels. They have all kinds of electronic gear and Bigfoot screams and hoots? Every episode they will be out in the middle of nowhere in the middle of the night hooting and screeching, when suddenly one will go "Hear that?" No, frankly, I didn't hear shit.

The funniest one in the group is the lady scientist, who used to debunk everything but has gradually become sort of a believer. One time she carefully approached something that just had to be a baby Bigfoot swinging in a tree, only to have it turn out to be a plastic garbage bag. They leave her by herself in the wilderness and she is just plain scared shitless. It's hilarious.

Don't they ever colonize, or have families? There has to be families or there wouldn't be any new Bigfoots.

Show me some physical evidence. Until then, they are a myth.

4. ken2v

ken2v This Space For Rent

Trips to Las Vegas:
    The world is flat. The sun revolves around the earth. The universe is 6,000 years old.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  5. Breeze147

Breeze147 Button Man

Trips to Las Vegas:
    So, you DO believe in Bigfoot?

6. Joe

Joe VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Non believer here, but one time coming home from work, late at night and living in the middle of the country, with no street lights area etc. I swear to this day I saw 5 lights hovering in the sky over Lake Michigan and then they took off faster then anything I have ever seen move in the sky.

7. ken2v

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Bigfoot seems a bit far fetched, for the reasons you and many others have stated over the years. But generally out there, logically challenging concepts are not folly simply because they might appear illogical and out there. The most important thing science teaches us is weird shit can happen and does exist.

8. TrewBrew

TrewBrew I may be right, I may be Crazy.

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I want to believe....Science is finding new species all of the time they are usually small but they are out there. Could there be something large out there that we don't know about I think maybe.

9. Travel Fanatic

Travel Fanatic The Arbiter of Taste Caviar Kid

Trips to Las Vegas:
    In the words of Fox Mulder, I Want to Believe. But I don't. I grew up reading and eventually writing speculative fiction and love reading about cryptozoology, but its foolish to believe in these things. There are unknown things out there (mostly in the ocean if you're talking about animals), but bigfoot, loch ness, ghosts, and little green men are imaginary. Fun, but imaginary

I Need Spa
    • Like Like x 1
  10. smartone

smartone VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I'm with you... non-believer, BUT not so much so that I completely reject the notion that there are somethings out there that defy what we now know as "reality". I leave the door slightly ajar to accept that which science confirms.

11. Sonya

Sonya Queen of VMB

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I wouldn't call myself a "believer", but I do like to ponder the "what ifs" of life. I've seen some things and had some experiences I can't quite explain, but I don't go hunting for ghosts or monsters. I watch some of the shows for the giggle-factor.

My husband is a total skeptic about EVERYTHING. He doesn't even believe in Santa. :) We were on a hike in the WA Cascades and came to this old cave that is supposedly haunted. I wanted to go in and check it out. It was pretty spooky in there, but husband just looked bored. I took a cue from the ghost shows I watch and said, "If any spirits are in here with us, please let us know. Feel free to push or scratch my husband to let us know you're here." Skeptic or not, he sure did scoot out of the cave pretty quickly. :haha:

• Funny Funny x 1
  12. grosx2

grosx2 Have fun storming the castle!

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I came to write this EXACT same post, complete with Mulder quote and all! As a kid I loved checking out books from the library on UFOs, Loch Ness, Bermuda triangle, etc.

It's fun to speculate and part of me wants to believe, but the logical part of my brain won't let me.

Edit: as far as little green men though, I do believe there is life elsewhere in the universe, and intelligent life at that. I think that it's so astronomically rare to evolve and the distances are so prohibitively vast that we simply haven't come in contact with it in our half century as a space faring civilization.

But do I believe that folks have been beamed up, probed, and returned with their memory erased? Uh, no.

Last edited: Sep 16, 2016
  13. ken2v

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I think it is the pinnacle of human hubris to think that this is it, that we are it. Now there might not be any green Orion slave girls to bang, but stuff is out there.

• Agree Agree x 2
  14. DeMoN2318

DeMoN2318 The DERS

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I think if Bigfoot or Nessie were real, we would have some indisputable evidence by now.

But I also agree that there is definitely intelligent life out there other than us (if you would consider us intelligent). With the vast number of star in the universe, it seem impossible that there ISN'T another plant that can support life. Crazy to think and ponder where their technology might be ate...are they still in the stone age or are they well past our current level. But must not be at a level of interstellar communication yet...

I love sitting around a table with my other engineering/science buddies, getting drunk talking about this kind of stuff

15. Kobra2848

Kobra2848 VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Have you seen the commercial for the Honda Pioneer 1000? They cast the whole Bigfoot family in the commercial.

Mark

16. Travel Fanatic

Travel Fanatic The Arbiter of Taste Caviar Kid

Trips to Las Vegas:
    So the infamous Bell Witch Cave is about a half hour from my house. So one day a dozen years ago, two buddies and I decided to drive up there. since it was a Tuesday afternoon, we got a personalized tour form the owners (not much demand mid-week, lol). It was fun and kind of silly, but we did get a little spooked when the owner's black lab brushed past our legs in the cave, lol

I Need Spa
  17. C0usineddie

C0usineddie VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I am sort of funny with these things. i am a staunch believer in them but also very skeptical of stories about seeing them.

18. Aces and Eights

Aces and Eights VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Bigfoot, Lochness Monster; what a hoax! Now the Boogey Monster is real and lives in my closet at night and sometimes comes out to go under my bed to hang out with the evil clown. BTW, the little green men from outer space is actually blue. The sun's chromosphere gives them a green tint.

19. Breeze147

Breeze147 Button Man

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Wrong, they are gray. I know.

Look at us, the human race in 2016, and the marvelous things that people like us evolved into being. My Grandmother lived before radio and went on to see color televison. She saw man walk on the moon. From someone who was born in 1901 to see that, that is just incredible. Look at all of things that humans have accomplished in the sciences

20. Breeze147

Breeze147 Button Man

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I am a non-believer in Bigfoot but I keep coming back to the eyewitness accounts.

• Like Like x 1
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.