1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

Quick hit & run at local racino

Discussion in 'Non-Vegas Trip Reports' started by wormhole, Sep 15, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. wormhole

wormhole VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:

My Trip Report

I did a spur of the moment trip to a local racino about 10 miles from home. I don't frequent the place on a regular basis since it is just slots and horse racing and I play mostly table games. They sent me a mailer offering $20 in freeplay, so I stopped in to use it along with only a $100 bankroll (I was planning on a short stay). I loaded the freeplay on a $1 ($3 max) progressive slot (same model IGT machine Megabucks uses) and add $1 of my own money for $21 total. The jackpot was $145K (statewide, I think). I did not hit that but did cash out $60. Second slot pushed that up to $258. Walking around, that slowly got pulled down to a little over $100. I found a pair of Game of Thrones slots that were not there when I was last there. They were taken, so I wandered around, made a restroom stop, then went back to them. One was open, so I sat down. I know themed slots cane be tight, but the Thrones slot I played at Excalibur in LV this past June was good to me (several hundred bucks in winnings) and this on was no different Hit a bonus on the first spin at $5 max bet. It was a seven spin with multipliers. It paid me $510. After a few more spins, I hit the same bonus again, but it only paid $8.25. After that and a few more non paying spins, I cashed out out $577. Not bad for a $1 investment.

• Like Like x 1
  2. Richard Alpert

Richard Alpert LOST

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Nice hit-and-run, wormhole! That's how I play at my local!

RICHARD

3. ShepherdDon

ShepherdDon Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Not bad at all!!! Congratulations.

Don

4. tringlomane

tringlomane STP Addicted Beer Snob

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Nice hits!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.