1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

Show Help, For a Fat Guy

Discussion in 'Shows & Entertainment' started by Canuckguy, Sep 12, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Canuckguy

Canuckguy Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I am a rather large guy (6'4, 400). What shows have seating that I will be ok sitting in? (I don't expect to be comfortable). Which shows have couch seating? I did go see Penn and Teller a trip ago, and sitting in the 3rd row I found my seat nice and not too tight.

The wife has her heart set on seeing Olivia Newton John, how are the seats there?

Canuckguy

2. HuskerBB

HuskerBB VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    We had table seating for ONJ. Just normal chairs on either side of a table. Not sure the entire theater is set up that way but I think you get a booth or a table. Kind of the "old school" Vegas set up - not like a regular theater (i.e. like Penn and Teller would be).. So either way you are not in a seat with armrests on both sides. Table seating was pretty tightly spaced but I think you could find a way to be comfortable.

We really enjoyed her show by the way. Hope you will also.

3. LV2GAMBLE

LV2GAMBLE Certified LOW Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Stay away from Absinthe. Small wood chairs that are very tight. I think the front seats at Zumanity are of the couch type. Also, I think some of the seat at Million Dollar quartet had some booths.

4. JoJoR

JoJoR VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    LV2GAMBLE is correct Zumanity having some couch-type seats, but sitting that close, you're just asking to be picked on at that show.

Hopefully with Absinthe moving to Cosmo, the seating will be slightly better.

I'm not the biggest dude, but KA has some decent seats. I don't remember being too cramped or uncomfortable. I just saw LOVE about a month ago and my seat was a little tight there.

5. paperposter

paperposter MIA

Trips to Las Vegas:
    belive or not u will be fine in alot of them, abstinth i belive u take a back table ur fine. the old school theaters are fine.

more newer ones have fixed seats, so keep that in mind. also u can ask for the wheel chair seats , they can probaly give u a folded chair so more more just a suggestion.

but clint holmes and baz ur fine.

most of the old rio ur fine same with Flamingo .

harrahs also

it might be asier to pick a show and ask or call the theater and ask them to help u.

circqu no, ti no, mirage no ,t mobile no,. MGM Grand arena no . just my opinion

john ogerty and the other concerts at the ventian no

you fine at the sls as no one goes there so you will have plenty off room .lol

if i rember corectly u will be fine ,i belive they have bothes

Last edited: Sep 13, 2016
  6. troyzilla

troyzilla Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I'm on the larger side and found most Cirque shows are fine - LOVE was the exception - those drink holders just dug right on in. Zumanity has some couches further back from the front row (classily described as the "non molestation zone" by the usher). The only other places I found it a bit tight were the arenas (MGM Grand/Mandaly Bay Events Center).

7. VegasTravelNews

VegasTravelNews MIA

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Because of how important it is to your wife,I suggest you contact the ONJ show directly and discuss it with them. I'm sure they will help if they can.

• Like Like x 2
  8. Its Only Money

Its Only Money VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Totally agree about Love, that was one of the most uncomfortable theaters I've ever sat in. Killed my whole experience.

9. dreric

dreric Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Years ago, when Blue Man Group was at the V/P, DW and I (we are both 'persons of size' according to Southwest Airlines) went to get into our seats... yeah right! Without hesitation an usher brought us around to wheelchair seating, had regular chairs for us, made sure we had bottled water and crepe paper. They work with larger people all the time, so contact the show and they will help you.

• Like Like x 1
  10. salukidean

salukidean High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Never go to a show at Mandalay Bay Arena. Those seats are about the smallest in town.

11. deadeyefive

deadeyefive Big Daddy

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Yeah, just ask for wheelchair seats. they will help you out.

12. Canuckguy

Canuckguy Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I am back from my trip. I saw Penn & Teller, the show was fantastic and the seats were downright comfortable for this fat guy. I also took the wife to Olivia Newton John, I had no problem with the seat there either. Thank you everyone for all your help.

Canuckguy

• Like Like x 2
  13. eaglejohn

eaglejohn VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Ask Big Elvis what shows he goes to

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.