1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

Rank these shows...

Discussion in 'Shows & Entertainment' started by Mark-KY, Sep 6, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Mark-KY

Mark-KY Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    ...in order of preference if you had 1 show to pick from. My wife and I have one show night free in Nov. and are trying to decide.

Mystere
    Ka
    O
    Le Reve

**I have seen Love and loved it...lol.

If you have a disclaimer and have another suggestion, please share. I am also tossing around seeing Leno or Boyz II Men. Thanks.

2. Char1

Char1 VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    My vote is:
    1. KA
    2. Le Reve
    3. O
    I have not seen Mystere.

3. BobK89

BobK89 Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Mystere
    O
    Ka

I have not seen Le Reve

4. spdandpwr

spdandpwr VIP Whale

No desire to see Zumanity?

• Like Like x 1
  5. Travel Fanatic

Travel Fanatic The Arbiter of Taste Caviar Kid

Trips to Las Vegas:
    O
    Ka
    Mystere
    La Reve

The plans have changed
    Post-Shopping Recovery Period
  6. Aces and Eights

Aces and Eights VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Mystere
    Ka
    La Reve

I have not seen O

7. hail2skins

hail2skins VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Ka
    Le Reve
    O
    Mystere

Decent non-Cirque show to consider is Human Nature Jukebox at the Venetian.

8. nostresshere

nostresshere Mr. Anti Debit Card

Trips to Las Vegas:
    O
    KA

Have not seen La Reve, so can not say.

Love was changed up a bit this summer - we loved it. It would be our first choice.. maybe O

9. mykidsdad

mykidsdad Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    O
    La Reve
    Ka

10. Dutch34

Dutch34 High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Mystere (not even close)
    O
    KA

Not seen La Reve

11. BellaBlvd

BellaBlvd Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Of those I've only seen O.. but it is the best of the Cirque shows I've seen (also seen Love, Zumanity and Zarkana). Love is a very close second for me.

12. WHITEJACKET73

WHITEJACKET73 VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    1. O (have seen twice)
    2. Ka (have seen twice)
    3. LeReve (have seen 3 times)
    4. Mystere (have seen 3 times)

All four of these shows are great; I would not hesitate to seen any one of them again.

13. Funkhouser

Funkhouser In Charge of the Big Door

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Hmmm...You know this is going to be a partially subjective list based on the experience. I can honestly say each show stands on its own based on your preference, you can't empirically evaluate Cirque shows since each one is unique, is art, and will evoke a different reaction based on what you like. That being said, I will give you my opinion based on some of the obvious things.

1) Le Reve - While not technically a Cirque show, Franco Dragone directed a ton of Cirque shows. Hence why Steve Wynn recruited him to create Le Reve. I ranked this
    one the highest for the following reasons. The theater space is very intimate, no other show will you feel this close to the performers. It combines the best of other shows in Vegas, you have water, amazing acrobatics, incredible soundtrack, and the lighting is done very well. I felt the story was disconnected in some spaces but nowhere like some Cirque shows. Ticket pricing is / was very reasonable when I saw it. I felt this show evoked the most emotion and was the most romantic for a date night.

2) Ka - Not the best Cirque show from story line and the gibberish language gets annoying by the third scene, but the theater and stage are over the top.
    I was blown away by the theater experience and sets. Did I mention the huge @ss stage that goes full vertical and they project images on. Technically amazing show.
    If you like the stage effect, this show will blow you away. The down side, the theater is so huge that you don't want to be in the cheap seats. I experienced the show from the 15th row and it was pretty incredible. I did find my self bored during a few acts. I am not sure what changes they made since the accident to the wall battle but it was pretty incredible when I saw it.

3) O - Not sure why this show gets ranked so high. I think because of its affiliation with Bellagio and the fact it was the first Cirque water show. The water acrobatics are pretty incredible and the costumes are outrageous, but this is the one show I felt disconnected from. I never really got into a groove and was bored by about half of it. The musical score was okay. I also felt the theater space was too big. Unless your closer to the stage, you don't feel a part of the show. Not a bad show on its own, my wife liked it, but I would rank it towards the bottom of Cirque shows IMHO. BTW the ticket prices are pretty overpriced.

4) Mystere - So this show is where Cirque got its start in Vegas and where The Steve started his relationship with Dragone. Visually its really interesting, it was the first Cirque show I saw, however comparing it to other Cirque shows today it seems tired. I recently checked in and saw two years ago and I having seen all the Cirque shows now (minus Chris Angel) I was bored during this one since the acrobatics pale in comparison to the newer shows. Oh yeah the creepy baby annoys me too! If you have never seen a Cirque show however it still holds up and would be a good first Cirque show and a bargain with lots of 2 for 1 tickets available and discounted shows.

Regardless none of these shows will be a disappointment, they are all high quality productions.

14. Mark-KY

Mark-KY Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Many thanks to all who have replied, and yes, I knew this was going to have some varied opinions. Having seen Love, I have a feeling of what to expect going forward w/ these productions, and my wife has seen 3 others as well.

As w/ anything else, I know there are always good and bad reviews/opinions.

15. Aces and Eights

Aces and Eights VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I guess over time you're just going to have to see all of them and compare them for yourself.

16. VegasDaytripper

VegasDaytripper Re-Retired Degen

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Boyz II Men concert is one of the best
    they are great LIVE
    small venue, no bad seat
    basically all #1 hits
    i had $65ish seats in the center and it was great

O - great. different because it's water based
    Mystere - the original cirque show in vegas, visually stunning
    KA - a more linear storyline, i still enjoyed it but i'd watch O or Mystere over Ka

Zumanity is actually good. small venue in a circular formation. some unique acts
    Zarkana - can totally skip it if you are watching other cirque shows

i'd love to watch Le Reve next

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.