1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

Which tower at Harrahs

Discussion in 'LV Strip Hotels' started by IWannaBeInVegas, Sep 7, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. IWannaBeInVegas

IWannaBeInVegas VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Mardi Gras or Carnival? Looking for quite and comfortable. Can get both comped.

2. BobK89

BobK89 Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I always liked the Mardi Gras tower because you're closer to the Strip and if you grease the desk clerk can gets room overlooking the Mirage volcano.

The one time I was in the Carnaval tower we we above the valet and the honking horns went on all night.

3. SnakeDoctor

SnakeDoctor Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
  4. SH0CK

SH0CK Stylin' and Profilin' Quasi Tech Admin

Trips to Las Vegas:
    The Carnaval South tower has been recently remodeled and renamed the Valley Tower. I would probably give that tower the nod due to the remodeling alone

5. Fet297

Fet297 113 survivor North Vegas

Trips to Las Vegas:
    One trip we ended up in the mardi gras tower - I thought we were staying at Golden Gate because the room was so small. Granted that was one time and one room. I have stayed in the carnival tower four other times and found those rooms to be bigger albeit further from the strip.

6. spdandpwr

spdandpwr VIP Whale

Valley Tower all the way!!!! Mardi Gras faces the carnival court and can suck at night if you're not a heavy sleeper. I was coming home late so I had no problem.

7. Jaci2014

Jaci2014 Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    We like Mardi Gras with a view of the volcano. We like the tiny balcony where we can stand and drink morning coffee and watch the city awake. (We are on East Coast time.)

• Like Like x 1
  8. IWannaBeInVegas

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Awesome, I will look at my offerings again. Its very soon, but I can always cancel.

9. staffordgambler

staffordgambler Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Stayed in the Valley tower a couple of weeks ago. Very nice room,, the remodeling was great, especially the bathroom.

10. martinr

martinr Rock Chalk Jayhawk

Trips to Las Vegas:
    The elevators to the Mardi Gras Tower are probably the closest to Las Vegas Blvd. of any property except maybe the Flamingo. I always feel more connected to The Strip when I stay in that tower because of that. It is, however, the least secure feeling bank of elevators since there is very little else around them that is a common area as the other tower elevators at the rear of the building. But, it's rarely been an issue for me toting a lot of cash up to the room! As always, keep your head on a swivel when going up to your room (anywhere), especially by yourself.

First Time Staying on the South End. Will I Hear Southern Accents?
  11. IWannaBeInVegas

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Great info. Will be booking shortly.

12. 5Aces

5Aces Tourist

Just got back from Harrahs stayed in the valley tower nice room if you don't need privacy the glass bathroom door you can hear everything from sink to shower if you had a bad night with bad food or drink you can hear that to. I will never stay there again from the rude staff to the small rooms worst place I stayed at. Had better rooms at a motel

13. bcc

bcc Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I did not like the Valley Tower room at Harrah's, and won't stay there again. From the glass door bathroom, the no-door open shower, the chair-height toilet, lack of good lighting, silly lamps (design), the iron stored at the back of a VERY HIGH closet shelf (could not reach it), NO BLANKET on the bed - sheets only - (there was a comforter in a huge plastic bag put away in the closet). And no luggage rack in my room. The view was of the parking garage.

But oh well, it was comp offer. so I can't complain too loudly.

We have always had great service from the Harrah's staff.
    - bcc

14. ranchette

ranchette Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Do the rooms in the Valley Tower have a makeup magnified mirror in the bathroom?

15. 5Aces

5Aces Tourist

No the makeup mirror is in the room not the bathroom. The lighting in the bath is horrible as bcc said. And I have to agree with everything that bcc said except I was not on a comp. I will probably never stay at Harrahs again. Staff was rude and did not help out in any way. I took my parents oUT for thier anniversary should have stayed at the mirage oh and my farther is handicap with bad knees and still would not accommodate very unsatisfied with this resort

16. ranchette

ranchette Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Do any rooms in Harrahs have coffee pots?

17. bcc

bcc Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I can't recall any coffee pots in regular rooms, but yes, they do have them in the suites.

The makeup area in the Valley room is a desk with a large rectangular mirror. The (hard to find) light switch is at the bottom right of the mirror.

- bcc

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.