1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

Donny & Marie, Mystere or?

Discussion in 'Shows & Entertainment' started by Dean Martin, Sep 3, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Dean Martin

Dean Martin VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    We usually like to see a show when in town and wanted to see a comedy but can't find anything good for our dates 9/10-9/16. Thinking about Donny and Marie or Mystere. Thoughts on either one? I don't call us big CDS fans but we did like LOVE and Zumanity...didn't care for MJ1.

2. calway55

calway55 Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I enjoyed both. Saw Mystere which was my first Cirgue du soleil and my favorite. If you choose this one get there early..don't be late.

Picked Donny and Marie while in Vegas as an after thought thinking it might be corny. It was very entertaining and funny. Very small venue. All seats are good.

3. Dean Martin

Dean Martin VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Thanks! Hmmm... Maybe we should think about seeing both. Problem is I get to Vegas and usually hate anything planned :)

4. BlacklabberMike

BlacklabberMike MIA

Trips to Las Vegas:
    don't like those cirque shows....Marie's got that MILF thing going on now...i do her, i mean the show

5. Snidely

Snidely VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Not a D&M fan but my wife wanted to see them. It was a great show. They fully know their perception and make self-deprecating jokes about it.

6. pleasemum

pleasemum High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Mystere is my favourite Cirque show - saw it twice. Have not seem D& M but may be interested.

7. Sonya

Sonya Queen of VMB

Trips to Las Vegas:
    This is good advice for Mystere. No spoilers. :)

Mystere was my first and favorite CDS show, although I haven't been to see Love.

8. Electroguy563

Electroguy563 Vegas Joker

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I didn't see Mystere yet but it's definitely on my bucket list. Any show that lasted this long has got to be worth looking into.

I did see Donnie and Marie and although I'm not a fan of both it was a great, wonderful show. Both of them seem down to earth, fun loving and humble. Very talented duo.

Since you are looking for comedy, Donnie and Marie will make you laugh, chuckle, and be thoroughly entertained.

• Like Like x 1
  9. Jackpot Johnny

Jackpot Johnny Wynn Fan

Trips to Las Vegas:
    The first Cirque show we ever saw was Mystere, and it's still our favorite. We've recommended it to everyone from kids to grandmothers and we've never gotten a negative review. Ever. We don't like to do things in Las Vegas we can do at home, and there's nothing like Mystere anywhere we've been. Nothing against Donny and Marie. We've taken Vegas show rookies to Mystere and they're always dazzled, and I've always enjoyed it despite having seen the show multiple times. Highly recommended.

VMB friendly tip: if you are in your seat before the show and the clown comes out, do NOT engage the clown. Don't make eye contact, don't show interest, don't acknowledge the clown in any way. If the clown chooses you as his subject of pre show amusement, you'll be sorry.

Finally, if you're at Wynn/Encore it's not a tough stroll over to TI. No cabs, no post show valet lines, etc.-low hassle.

10. Sonya

Sonya Queen of VMB

Trips to Las Vegas:
    This is also probably good advice for life in general. :haha:

• Funny Funny x 3
    • Like Like x 1
  11. Snidely

Snidely VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I'd be the first one to make eye contact with the clown. Love to sit in the front row of comedy shows.

12. Sparky4

Sparky4 VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Donny and Marie put on a very good show. They sing together, then each of them sing by themselves, then together again. As was previously noted, it's a smaller venue so I don't think there's a bad seat in the house.

Happy birthday to me!
  13. bardolator

bardolator Lifelong Low Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Some of you are coming dangerously close to being spoilers. C'mon, let it happen. "Arrive early" was enough.

I liked both shows. Mystere is the classic Cirque. Donny is the consummate showman. Marie's performances are somewhat variable. For Donny and Marie, the closer to the stage the better. For Cirque, front row of second section in the middle. Don't want to be too close or too far.

• Agree Agree x 2
  14. vegasvic

vegasvic VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I'm not a D&M fan but my girlfriend wanted to see it so we went a couple of years ago. Great time, those two put on a great show.

15. Dean Martin

Dean Martin VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Vic that's kind of where I'm at but I read where a lot of guys say the same thing. I'm thinking it could be a fun thing to do for a break from gambling. Although so would a couples friendly strip club:wink2:

16. Its Only Money

Its Only Money VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I saw it on Friday and echo Vic's and others comments.

17. Dean Martin

Dean Martin VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Thanks guys....we bought tickets to see them Tues night. Got some in the half round booths and used the 20% off discount code Shock posted.

18. Its Only Money

Its Only Money VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Now for the couples friendly strip club Wednesday night!!

• Like Like x 1
  19. GamblingGolfer

GamblingGolfer VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    'O' first choice. 'Mystere' is fine. D&M put on a good show, but obviously much different than the Cirque shows.

GG

20. Electroguy563

Electroguy563 Vegas Joker

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I want to see Mystere but I really don't like engaging with the performers and bringing attention to myself. I hope when I do see it they bypass me. I won't look at them. If they persist (I hope not) I'd probably punch them and get thrown out.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.