1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

"New" Harrahs Valley Tower

Discussion in 'LV Strip Hotels' started by SH0CK, Aug 22, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. SH0CK

SH0CK Stylin' and Profilin' Quasi Tech Admin

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Got this in an email today.

The Carnaval South Tower has been redesigned and renamed to the new Valley Tower! The stylish makeover includes embellished blue sitting chairs that playfully stand out against the room's creamy décor, dark wood accents and contemporary fixtures.

[​IMG]

2. FYMYAWF

FYMYAWF VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Huh. That looks pretty swank, actually. Almost (dare I say) Cosmo-esque. I stayed at Harrah's for one night last year and it was the worst room I've stayed in in Vegas, maybe tied with the Ex. Big upgrade here, looks worth a stay.

Good to see Caesars is still pumping money into the Vegas resorts despite all the financial difficulties. I just booked 5 nights at the new Ultra Hip rooms at PH for Xmas, looking forward to checking them out too.

3. tringlomane

tringlomane STP Addicted Beer Snob

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Might as well when you know you can't pay back the debt.

Kicking off the Trip with Two New Hotels to Us!!!
  4. TJC

TJC VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Admire the Tetris game in progress on the wall while playfully lounging in embellished blue sitting chairs. Feeling really really playful? Rest your head on our 5X decorative pillows that have two more Xs than the law will allow.

I hear they pay the marketing folks bonuses for nickel words. They may have to make blackjack pay even money if they keep up these stylish renovations.

• Funny Funny x 1
  5. dmr

dmr Registered Abuser

Trips to Las Vegas:
    ROFL! :)

That room does look nice, but keep in mind that it's a professional photo, taken using a very wide lens, which accentuates the "spaciousness" of the particular view. The careful placement of the mirror (that's an odd angle for a hotel room!) also adds to the illusion of space. I can tell there's fill lighting in there and I'm sure there's quite a bit of "post" as well. :)

6. Tammy58

Tammy58 Frugal Slot Jockey

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I have one booked in 30 days on a comp. Supposedly they are installing the safes...finally. We will see when we get there.

7. bdautch

bdautch VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    That's like the old saying: If I owe you a million dollars, I've got a problem. But if I owe you a billion dollars, YOU'VE got a problem.

8. Sonya

Sonya Queen of VMB

Trips to Las Vegas:
  9. waverunner

waverunner ------VEGA$------

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Did you book online or did you call? I got an e-mail a couple of days ago from Caesars saying i have been upgraded.
    Those rooms don't come up on the TR website if you're signed in. They do come up when i don't log in at $50 per.
    I'm comped at Harrah's in November for zero dollars. If i call, would they negotiate......LOL.
    Maybe somewhere in between?

10. br549

br549 High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I was in one of the new rooms earlier this year. It was nice, but not as large as it seems in the picture.

11. martinr

martinr Rock Chalk Jayhawk

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Those lamps are the same ones that are in the Harrah's Biloxi remodeled rooms. We couldn't turn on both bedside lamps without wearing sunglasses much less the floor lamp. They could be used to land planes they're so bright! They look better off than on.

First Time Staying on the South End. Will I Hear Southern Accents?
  12. Champster1

Champster1 VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Wow. Nice looking rooms (illusions aside). I'd be curious of some of the reports of these room s come March madness next year. I like to walk over to Harrahs (from Linq last year) to place my bets because they have 2 different locations for bets along with a 3rd location (kiosks outside of their Hoops party). I was disappointed in the Linq room (1st time staying), last March. depending on location(s) of 2017 Hoops party, Harrah's might do he trick!

13. Tammy58

Tammy58 Frugal Slot Jockey

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Video is of the Valley Tower Executive King Suite....I've seen it posted on multiple sites. I booked the Valley Tower King Room. On the Harrahs site you can see they have 2 different types of Executive Suites, the old classic and these new ones. No they didn't comp me one of the suites, just one of the newly refurbished rooms lol. The word Suites seems to have been inadvertently ( or on purpose ) left off the title. I've stayed in the old classic executive suites a few times in the past so I knew when I saw the video it was just an updated suite. Wonder what the upcharge at checkin for one of these would be? :haha:

14. Sonya

Sonya Queen of VMB

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I wouldn't hesitate to ask for an upgrade to one and see what they say. Please let us know if you're successful.

I'd expect the Valley Tower King Room to be smaller than the Executive King Room, but with the same basic decor.

15. Geogran

Geogran VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Looks nice but did they add soundproofing between rooms and also the corridors?? I would be interested to hear if they did more than cosmetic changes.
    We stopped staying at Harrah's (even though rooms were comp'd) years ago because the walls were paper thin, noisy corridors, rooms were worn out. Daughter and SIL stayed about two years ago and said not much had changed, still noisy and thin walls.

Last edited: Sep 4, 2016
  16. Gaggles

Gaggles VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    So I have an Executive King next weekend and this is simply a refurb of that room? If that is the reality perhaps I should ask my host to hook me up with one of these?

17. LV_Bound

LV_Bound VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Where does this room fall in terms of comps and how it compares to other rooms.
    We usually get to stay at PH comped for 3 nights and never had interest in staying at Harrahs, but this new room looks nice.
    If it is a nice as it appears in the video I wouldn't mind giving it a try provided I qualify for it to be comped.

18. nostresshere

nostresshere Mr. Anti Debit Card

Trips to Las Vegas:
    USA Today did a review...though I am guessing most pics are from Harrahs PR. See review

19. dmr

dmr Registered Abuser

Trips to Las Vegas:
    When did they take this shot? 3:00am in the morning? I have never seen the Harrah's check-in desk with no line! Many of those photos (like the room and the hallway) are professionally staged and shot, but not this one. The lighting and such things as the chairs out of place are not something that happens on a pro shoot. Let's see if this image will post here. (LOL, if you see it, it did.) :)

[​IMG]

20. martinr

martinr Rock Chalk Jayhawk

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I see it DMR.

First Time Staying on the South End. Will I Hear Southern Accents?
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.