1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

South Point for NASCAR 2017

Discussion in 'Off-Strip Hotels' started by nhanna45, Aug 29, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. nhanna45

nhanna45 Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    My wife and I just booked the South Point package for the 2017 Cup race in Vegas. Two tickets for the cup race and transportation by motor coach to the track. Has anyone else stayed there for NASCAR weekend? How was the to and from transportation and how long did it take? Also do NASCAR drivers make a lot of appearances around town that weekend? We will be staying Fri-Mon and plan to stay downtown Friday (whenever we can find a good deal). Any advice appreciated.

2. Nick Carroway

Nick Carroway Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    South Point does their usual good job w/ the NASCAR weekend. I've been a handful of times, am ticked when I can't make it, and hope to see you there in March. Transportation is a comfortable, upscale tour bus, boarding and dropping off right by the hotel entrance. The ride takes just under an hour; but you're not fighting the traffic yourself, so sit back and enjoy the scenery. There are any number of driver appearances, autograph sessions, and show car displays all over the city. While it wasn't done in 2016, in other years, the team haulers put on a parade up the strip. One bit of concrete advice: Plan on early breakfast at the Coronado Cafe on race morning; buffet and Del Mar Deli don't open quite early enough to make it to the bus. Steak & Shake opens even later. Enjoy, and hope to see you there.

• Like Like x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  3. srudude87

srudude87 Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Yes there are usually about 5 or 6 driver appearances around town, mostly on Friday and Saturday. I visited that week this year and remember reading in that Friday's LV Review-Journal the listing of appearances. Kyle Busch was at the M&Ms store and Kesolowski was somewhere. Just keep checking the newspapers that week. They stopped doing the hauler parade down the strip because they now come from Atlanta instead of California like previous years.

• Dislike Dislike x 1
  4. nhanna45

nhanna45 Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Thanks for the information Nick. I will pm u for more info. I have been watching nascar religiously for the past 15 to 20 years and decided its finally time to go to a race!

5. nhanna45

nhanna45 Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Will do. Hoping for Denny Hamlin!

6. TJC

TJC VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    For your sake, I hope Denny doesn't get a hangnail that weekend. He has a bad habit of missing a race early in the season when his wussitus flares up.

• Like Like x 2
  7. Camp Rusty

Camp Rusty VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Your first race ? Too cool, how exciting! My first NASCAR race was Vegas too, the inaugural race in 1998, been to several since.

It's a really fun weekend, good job on bussing, we drove the first couple years......ugh. Wonder if your room is free if Brendan wins the Boyd 300 race Staurday ? :):):)

FWIW I have a scanner and it really makes it even more fun to listen to the drivers communicate with the pits, and they also broadcast the MRN race feed also. You can rent them at the track if you don't have one.

Have a great time :beer:

• Like Like x 1
  8. nhanna45

nhanna45 Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    haha Hopefully Denny races. I am a Kurt Busch fan (now that he has chilled out) and a Truex fan. This will be my first race and can't wait after watching for so many years! Hope to see some of you at the South Point or the race! I plan on getting a scanner and I am trying to convince the wife she will want one lol

9. Nick Carroway

Nick Carroway Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    One scanner, a Y cord and two sets of headphones. Available for rent at the track.

Sadly, no free room if Brendan wins, but he usually does a couple of autograph sessions near where his show car is displayed across from the gift shop.

• Like Like x 1
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.