1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

My first ever Weber Grill

Discussion in 'Non-Vegas Chat' started by Jerseyguy2, Aug 28, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Jerseyguy

Jerseyguy MIA

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Always bought cheaper ones that fell apart so I figured WTF go for the better one for a change.
    So I know a guy who knows a guy who gave me one that sells for $599 on sale in Home Depot for less than $300 . Long story that I wont go into but it's actually legit,not the "Jersey Discount " .

• Like Like x 3
    • Agree Agree x 1
  2. Richard Alpert

Richard Alpert LOST

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Enjoy the Weber!
    Ours came by way of Michigan, so it's affectionately nicknamed "Chris" Weber.

RICHARD

3. Jackpot Johnny

Jackpot Johnny Wynn Fan

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Congrats. You made a good grill choice. Seems like Consumer Reports is always picking them at or near the top (if you put any stock in Consumer Reports-sometimes they're wildly off). We've had some form of Weber for thirty years, our current model being a natural gas Genesis. We're obviously Weber fans. You'll like it-we think Weber's are easy to use and cook on.

The only tiny cloud we've ever seen on the Weber horizon is that the spark igniters have failed on every one we've had. No problem to change it or to use an electric match.

4. Breeze147

Breeze147 Button Man

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I've been using the Weber big, black and round charcoal grill forever. I use the old fashioned briquets. It takes two beers before the coals are ready for use. Two, leisurely, feet up, looking at the wildlife beers. Ahhhhh!

• Like Like x 1
  5. Fligster

Fligster VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Have a Weber gas grill and Weber smoker, both work great and with covers hold up outside very well. Did have an issue with the starter on the grill not long after I got it, but Weber support replaced no issue.

6. ronc

ronc VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I tried gas grills but went back to the Weber Kettle and have been using them ever since. I just like the charcoal and/or wood better than gas. I use it all the time...

I buy 20 or so bags of charcoal each Memorial Day at either Home Depot or Lowe's when they have them for $9.99 or so for two large bags (they may also do that on Labor Day or at other times). I like both of those stores because they also offer a 10% Military/Veterans discount...which takes care of the taxes at least!!

7. Jerseyguy

Jerseyguy MIA

Trips to Las Vegas:
    The icing on the cake ,so to speak ,was that the Weber was covered under a hailstorm damage claim that I'm involved in. The adjuster looked at the dents in my old grill and said I'll write you up for x dallars toward a replacement. Of course luck runs out after Harrahs gave us a compted room fri. night ,you know the rest,but we had a good time anyway.

8. Snidely

Snidely VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I knew a guy who knew a guy that was selling deeply discounted lawn tractors. Seems the jersey discount was involved. The police placed GPS devices on the tractors and arrested people for possession of stolen goods.

9. BaileyPaws

BaileyPaws Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I have a collection of webber and use nothing else. Also have the Genesis gasser. VZM.IMG_20160824_171415.jpg

• Like Like x 2
  10. G Mack

G Mack Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Here's part of my friend's Weber collection. I'd say there are around 3 or 4 more, including a Weber Q. When I had my house, I was a hardcore Weber charcoal kettle guy. In my post-divorce condo complex, they don't allow charcoal...so I picked up a little Weber Q, which I've come around to liking quite a lot.

13731749_10154278141253329_3128774650161593994_n.jpg

• Like Like x 1
  11. wizard950

wizard950 High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    After going through 4 or 5 cheaper brands over the years, I finally bought a Weber Spirit 220 about 3 years ago. It is holding up well and still works as it did when new.

Last edited: Aug 28, 2016
  12. leo21

leo21 VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    My dad got a Weber as a gift a long time ago and he was obsessed. I thought he was crazy when he insisted on cooking a turkey on it but it was the best thing ever!

13. Sonya

Sonya Queen of VMB

Trips to Las Vegas:
    We have had the big, black kettle Weber charcoal grill for what seems like forever. It's a workhorse. We got a Weber gas grill last year and mostly use that now. It's a lot faster to get cooking on it than waiting for the coals.

My husband wants a smoker now and we've been looking at some options. I don't think he has the patience to do a long smoke, but we'll see. A friend of ours has been making his own bacon and I think Dan wants to try it too. We can use our gas grill as a hot-smoker with the insert, but he wants a "dedicated" one. I'm running out of room on the back deck. ;)

14. hammie

hammie VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I picked one up at Walmart at the end of the season, it was about half price. An awesome little grill that's perfect for tailgates. As for my home grill, I bought a scratch and dent Ducane, it's made by Weber.

• Like Like x 2
  15. phantomfj

phantomfj High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    yep. I have been using a little Q 200 for about 5 years now as both my home and away bbq........took a while to get used to how quick it cooks though!

16. Joe Strummer

Joe Strummer VIP Whale

I buy the tiny / short legged / cheap knock-offs you see along the wall at the supermarket.
    Are they made in Korea ?
    They last me "long time" ---
    and I don't use much charcoal every time I fire it up.
    A Weber would be nice.

17. 4Vegas

4Vegas Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I've had the Weber Performer for a few years now that a neighbor actually gave to me when he wanted to go to a gas grill. Its been great! I also have the 22" Weber Smokey Mountain. That thing is wonderful for smoking brisket, ribs, chickens, pork butts, etc. and you can put a lot of meat on them if you need to. Plus, it's real easy to tend the fire and keep it smoking. Almost a light it and forget about it........

18. Char1

Char1 VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I bought my Weber Genesis about 10 years ago. Best BBQ investment ever.

19. ken2v

ken2v This Space For Rent

Trips to Las Vegas:
    We have a Weber Smoky Mountain -- smoke or kettle Q -- and a built-in Bull NG grill. We use hardwood charcoal or wood. Great having both options as we cook outdoors more nights than not.

20. topcard

topcard It's not really blackjack unless it pays 3:2!

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Got my Genesis a little over 2 years ago... here's the thing - and it's key for gas grillers - heat control! The Weber puts every gas grill I ever owned in the past to shame.
    It's also quite durably built - very solid. The downside? They're pricey. I could have bought 3 Chinese or Korean knock-offs for what I paid for the Weber. So, in terms of value, I'm not sure that they're worth it... I mean, the question comes down to: "Will this grill last 3x longer than the cheap ones?"
    I'm not so sure.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.