1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

Eiffel Tower Experience

Discussion in 'Shows & Entertainment' started by JoJoR, Aug 23, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. JoJoR

JoJoR VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I've yet to make my way up the Eiffel Tower. Since I have a bunch of RC's to burn I figured I'd make the trip up on my next solo trip one night.

I was checking out tickets online, and pretty much every day said "limited tickets left" or something. Does this sell out and not walk-up friendly?

2. nostresshere

nostresshere Mr. Anti Debit Card

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Rare that I have seen a line there. Maybe at dusk?

3. JoJoR

JoJoR VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I was thinking of going at night, either on a Wednesday or Thursday. I'm rarely in Paris, so I never get a good sense of what the line is like.

4. dmr

dmr Registered Abuser

Trips to Las Vegas:
    The time we went (after sunset, weekday) there was maybe a 15 minute wait on the bridge to get to the elevator. They were only allowing the number of people to go up as the number that got off of the down elevator.

• Like Like x 1
  5. BarelyHangingOn

BarelyHangingOn VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    We have been up twice now and mind you it's in December and have never had to wait. We have just walked up and purchased our tickets from the store and gone on up. The most annoying part is getting your picture taken on the bridge.

6. JoJoR

JoJoR VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Sweet, sounds like I shouldn't have an issue. I just want to go up, check out the view, and snap a few pics.

7. makikiboy

makikiboy VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Just a warning, last time I visited (many years ago) they had a grill around the observation deck so your view was obstructed by the grilling. They had small pigeon holes where you can stick your camera out to take pictures but I guess they didn't want people jumping so they put up the grilling to prevent people from being able to climb out.

But that was many years ago so I'm not sure if that is still the case now.

8. BarelyHangingOn

Trips to Las Vegas:
    The grill is still there I imagine as well they don't want anybody throwing anything off as well. Grill or not you can still get some good views and good photos. Not that I take good photos, it's all up to the iPhone.

[​IMG]

9. JoJoR

JoJoR VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I'm just going up there with my iPhone, nothing crazy. Nice photo @BarelyHangingOn!

10. makikiboy

makikiboy VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Nice picture. I had a problem when I went up there, a lot of people at the time so hard to get to the opening in the grill to get a shot.

11. dmr

dmr Registered Abuser

Trips to Las Vegas:
    That annoys me to all get-out, the places where they queue you up and coerce you in to taking a snapshot-quality photo "come as you are" and try to sell the photos for a premium price! I always opt out of that. They were doing it at the Big Wheel.

What's kind of hard to understand is that years ago, at the big showrooms, I thought it was kinda classy when they would have the roving photographer shoot couples/groups in the booths and offer the prints for sale. The line-up/mug shot version of this is about as classy as getting an employee security badge photo!

12. BarelyHangingOn

Trips to Las Vegas:
    We have bought photos from the Voodoo and Fremont Zipline because they were action photos and something we can look back on but these one aren't special.

We went to the Hard Rock for dinner in Niagara Falls for New Years. They had a guy going from table to table when they were eating trying to sell photos and taking pictures. Nothing worse then when you are trying to eat and have someone shove a camera at you.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.