1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

Fanduel vs DraftKings

Discussion in 'The Sports Book' started by POPO2012, Aug 22, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. POPO2012

POPO2012 Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I was considering messing with some online Fantasy NFL football this year and was wondering if anyone could give me some advice. Any thoughts on which site is operates better and why. Minimum amounts to open accounts ? Issues getting paid from sites. Any info at all would be appreciated. Thank You:beer::usa:

2. h0und10

h0und10 VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    The sites are pretty similar, the top 1 percent takes 99 percent of the money put into the site. i stay away.

3. POPO2012

POPO2012 Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Yeah that's not really accurate. Costs $25 minimum on Draftkings, you can set up the payout,you can play in a private group with just your buddies for as little as $1 each, you can play for free. There's public game from $1 looks like up to $500 with huge payouts or small payouts. Games can be one day or or one week for NFL.

4. mkhira2

mkhira2 Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Never used Fanduel but I love DraftKings. DK has a $25 minimum. No issues with payouts after several requests.

Several different game types from free to $10k. You can play anything from winner take all heads-up to a game of thousands with enormous jackpots.

I have made a small amount of money overall playing mostly 3 person contests with the occasional 10 person contest thrown in the mix.

5. abraxis

abraxis Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    For your reading pleasure http://www.espn.com/espn/feature/story/_/id/17374929/otl-investigates-implosion-daily-fantasy-sports-leaders-draftkings-fanduel

6. POPO2012

POPO2012 Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Thanx it looks like some extra fun. I appreciate your input

7. hotreds

hotreds Illegitimi non carborundum!

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I've done both baseball and football on these. Save your money- unless you are a true expert and have tons of money so you can enter 150 times in a league, chances are very good you won't make any money. Or, you can go head-to-head and maybe win a coupla bucks. Simply isn't worth it IMHO!

8. karlmonday

karlmonday Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I guess Texas changed its laws and I am no longer able to play at these sites.

9. eaglejohn

eaglejohn VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    There is a 3rd one FANTASYDRAFT dot COM. Won $5700 n Draftkings last year. No expert, just luck

10. mwig

mwig VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I agree that the experts have massive edge. That said, I love being able to spend $20 on a Sunday to have the remote chance at a major prize. These contests make me much more interested in the sport in general which is really fun for me. I play for enjoyment and happened to win about $400 last season. If I had lost $20/week I'm OK with that too.

11. hotreds

hotreds Illegitimi non carborundum!

Trips to Las Vegas:
    There certainly are a lot worse things you could spend your entertainment dollar on. I did not enjoy losing week after week, so it wasn't for me. But the fact that you actually came out ahead- good for you! I don't recommend these games, but YMMV. I do, however, play and have played for 30 years, yearly fantasy baseball leagues- but not for big money.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.