1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

AmeriCAN Bar for sports?

Discussion in 'LV Strip Hotels' started by Odelay77, Aug 19, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Odelay77

Odelay77 Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Not sure which forum to post this on...

I just bought the $25 groupon for an all day open bar at AmeriCAN Bar on the Linq promenade. That's stupid cheap... If they have enough TVs, I'm gonna sit there all Saturday for the week 5 college games.

They weren't open yet last football season... anyone ever go there for sports? Thoughts? I'm having trouble finding any reviews. Mostly because the dumb name "American bar" returns a million results!

2. eaglejohn

eaglejohn VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    using code SAVE10E you can get extra $10 off at Travelzoo. The coupon is only good for draught beer and there are about 6 choices. No great beers but good from open to close.

3. Odelay77

Odelay77 Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Thanks for the info. I'm not seeing that deal on Travelzoo.

4. FYMYAWF

FYMYAWF VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    It's not really a "sports bar" per se but it's a nice little spot to hang out, should be plenty of TV's for your purpose. Good beer selection and of course a full bar for doing shots. They don't do food but you're surrounded by a ton of decent food spots in the Linq.

5. Birdie7

Birdie7 Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Groupon not Travelzoo.

6. Birdie7

Birdie7 Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I can see where beer drinkers can save alot of money. If they let you order beer and let you take it in a cup and let let drink in in the Linq promenade while your eating Pizza and going back to the bar to drink more beer and finish getting updates on your games you could really get your money's worth. It could be an all day party. lol....

7. eaglejohn

eaglejohn VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    yeh Travelzoo expired. Was on groupon too, not sure if there anymore either.

8. Snidely

Snidely VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    You could sell cups of beer on the strip to compete with the cold watta one dolla one dolla one dolla guys. Therfore I'm thinking you can't take your AYCD beer to go. But if you could....

9. Birdie7

Birdie7 Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Since they don't sell food there can you bring outside good from one of the good joints close by?

10. Odelay77

Odelay77 Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Yeah, it's advertised as BYOG (bring your own grub). I'm gonna eat a gigantic buffet breakfast so that I don't have to take many food breaks, but if need be, I'll probably just grab a slice across the way at Flour and Barley.

Hah, I'd love to know just how many passersby would actually pay money for an open cup of "beer" from a stranger. This would be a neat social experiment, if anything...

Here's the groupon. Still valid as of 8/20: https://www.groupon.com/deals/american-bar

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.