1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

Wierd SWA website experience

Discussion in 'Getting There & Getting Around' started by Joe, Aug 18, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Joe

Joe VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Yesterday, as I do several times a week, i checked on our fares for our trips. For our Thanksgiving trip we are booked separately and each fare went down $67 for the return flight. So as I always do, I rebooked the same flights at the lower fare. These are "Wanna Get Away" fares.

I get the normal option of receiving a credit for a future flight. But, another box pops up on the same page and says I have the option to receive a refund. I've never seen this before and I've rebooked at least 100 flights, all "Wanna get Away".

So I call SWA and explain what's going on and ask am I really going to get a refund for the difference. He explains you can only get a refund if you booked Business Select or Anytime fares. I tell him it's Wanna Get Away. He punches in our confirmation numbers, sees the price difference and he also sees the refund option and mumbles something about that can't be right. I thank him, hang up and immediately select the refund option. We'll see what happens. He said the refund might take two CC cycles. Worst case, I should still have the two credits if I don't get a refund, I hope.

2. Ty

Ty ?

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I experienced the same thing recently. But mine turned out to be a SW credit.

3. mescalita

mescalita old and in the way...

Trips to Las Vegas:
    That also happened to me when I re-booked some flights for my folks last month. I think it's just a little glitch - got no refund, just credit.

4. Aces and Eights

Aces and Eights VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I saw that too. I chose the credit because I knew I was going to use it, and I didn't want to have any problems that might occur because I chose something I wasn't supposed to.

5. Frankr163

Frankr163 High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Same thing happened to me earlier this week.
    I chose the refund option, hoping their procedures may have changed.
    When I got the e-mail confirmation for the fare change, it states that I had x amount of credit and the expiration date.

Anniversary Trip
  6. bubbakitty

bubbakitty Doing retirement again and happily so....

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Saved 50 $ for February flight and was given the same options as listed above. I took the credit via SWA not (presumed) $ refund just because we are going places within a year, so either way it is going to be spent on travel with swa at some point.

7. Travel Fanatic

Travel Fanatic The Arbiter of Taste Caviar Kid

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I noticed this same issue about six or seven weeks ago. But I took the flight credit option anyway. Still, if its been going on that long, I would hope they would have it fixed by now

The plans have changed
    Post-Shopping Recovery Period
  8. STPFan

STPFan VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I also just selected refund a couple of days ago. Guess I will have to remember to use the credit. I wish they made it easier to keep track of credits.

9. Chuck2009x

Chuck2009x VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I agree it's a glitch. I rebooked a flight about 3 weeks ago and was offered and chose refund and I didn't get one, it went into Travel Funds. Refund would always be preferable, no expiration date.

10. Ace-n-Lucille

Ace-n-Lucille Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Same here. I checked refund even though I KNEW it would end up being credit. And it was.

11. MGinCO

MGinCO VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I re-booked a lower flight on SWA in May.
    Was suppose to get $30 credit.
    When I booked another flight, no credit.
    I emailed SWA, and they stated there was a "glitch", and would issue a LUV certificate.
    I'm still waiting for it. Does it really take 30 days to punch a button?

12. wanker751

wanker751 Dutch Rudder Enthusiast

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Same here awhile ago.... I chose refund and hoped... nothing

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.