1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

MyVegas New to Myvegas

Discussion in 'MyVegas' started by Cheryl, Aug 15, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Cheryl

Cheryl Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Hi, I am new here and I am sure it has been posted somewhere but I need help.
    Me and my spouse have been saving up our points and now have enough to get comped rooms. I have checked the calendar and I realize we can use 3 each, but am limited to 1 each per night. So if I get a comp at Mandalay and a comp at New York (during week) and my spouse does the comp for New York, that gives us 3 weeknight rooms. Now, how do I go about reserving the room? I know how to go and purchase using my points, but do not know how to then reserve a room and get it for free?

Can someone please explain this to me? Do I need to call either MLife, which we both have accounts for, or do I call the hotel direct with my voucher numbers once I do purchase the voucher?

Thanks for any suggestions anyone can provide me....we are thinking of going in Sept 2016. So are we OK or does it have to be 90 days prior...I think I read something like that but was not sure it it was up to 90 days prior.

2. h0und10

h0und10 VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    you each will only be able to use one night. You cannot use a night at mandala and then a night at nyny. You get one night per 30 days and your spouse gets one per 30 days.

As for how to redeem, I cannot remember how to do it but I just kept following directions after purchasing and it walks you through what to do.

3. michele14

michele14 Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Once you purchase the award you will receive an email which will give you a link to reserve your room. The link takes you to whatever Mlife property your room is for. You will have to sign into your Mlife account and then you will see the reservation page. As a side note, you can purchase a discounted rate for one of the hotels and use that and the comp night together.

4. SH0CK

SH0CK Stylin' and Profilin' Quasi Tech Admin

Trips to Las Vegas:
    You only have to book the room within that 90 days, not stay in the room.

Being this close to the date though, you may want to go ahead and purchase the room reward for yourself and your husband now since there is a fair chance the dates aren't available.

5. Cheryl

Cheryl Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Thank you. I will try to get 2 nights comped (for each of us) and a discounted night. Fingers crossed rooms are available.

6. Cheryl

Cheryl Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Hi everyone, thanks for input. Got 2 nights at Mandalay Bay comped, was going to use my points to get a discounted room, but after logging into MLife, was a cheap room at NYNY for 3rd night and saving rest of points for meals....I see this BOGO at NFI looks good and we have eaten at MB Buffet and thought it was really good, but reading recent posts, someone suggested Aria buffet might be better. Anyone reading this have input on which is a better buffet?

Appreciate all the help. Less than 3 wks to go! Gonna be HOT!

:cool:

7. h0und10

h0und10 VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    The nine fine Irishmen reward is good, I have used that before.. Since you are staying at mandala and have been to their buffet, I would suggest trying out a different buffet. I like to branch out and try new things and get a feel for a different property. Aria and mirage are the 2 best Mlife buffets in my opinion,

8. Cheryl

Cheryl Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Hi....we tried the Mirage Buffet last year and we were not impressed, food was OK, did not like the set up. Seemed more cafeteria like and tons of kids (not that I don't like kids, but SOME parents don't keep an eye on their kids)...but the wine was great...all you could drink! BONUS!
    LOL....

9. Cheryl

Cheryl Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    We are thinking we may want to get a KA show ticket for free for each of us. Is this how it works?

Spend 40,000 points, put in name, etc...then I will be directed to the show booking? I then do the same for my spouse and hope there are 2 seats together? Kind of like how the comped rooms worked?

How can I find out ahead of time what seats are available between Sept 5-7, I did see the blackout dates and our dates are good. Just want to make sure we can actually sit together.

Thanks again everyone!

10. SH0CK

SH0CK Stylin' and Profilin' Quasi Tech Admin

Trips to Las Vegas:
    That's when it's best to call to book the tickets. Just tell them you and your husband have rewards for the show and want to make sure you sit together.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.