1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

Backend comps from table games?

Discussion in 'Comps' started by brger, Aug 14, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. brger

brger Newbie

Staying at Aria for the first time next month on a comp offer from 2 nights with $125 FP and $100 RC. Usually I rack up about $100 in express comps from table game play above and beyond my front end offer, but I haven't been back to Vegas since table games stopped qualifying for express comps.

My play likely wouldn't be enough for a host at Aria, so I'm curious, has anyone recently had luck popping by the mlife booth after a trip to get additional food and beverage comped from your bill, above and beyond any front end comps? Or are the additional comps for table game play really gone for good?

2. Chuck2009x

Chuck2009x VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Makes a difference how many nights it used to take you to earn $100 in ECs. Your offer level of only two nights seems a little low to have earned that much in ECs in two nights. $100 in ECs equates to ~$30,000 coin in on slots.

Back end comps are not totally gone if you play enough. Aria is notorious for telling smaller players to go fuck themselves, however. Just judging by your offer, I wouldn't say it's impossible at that level, but unlikely.

3. brger

brger Newbie

Thanks!

4. RynoBU

RynoBU Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I've stopped by the host-on-duty's office on my last two trips and received back end comps. Most recent trip, we did not stay on an offer but I played 11 hours of Pai Gow Poker at $200/hand and had my two nights in a regular room comped and a few hundred dollars in F&B comped as well. I know this doesn't answer your specific question but hope it gives you an idea. Aria seems to be very stingy with comps (Multifarious would disagree with me, though).

• Informative Informative x 1
  5. Multifarious5

Multifarious5 VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Haha
    Ha Ryno! I wouldn't disagree, I just somehow lucked out and have been treated really well by Aria, whereas MC was more stingy (go figure.)

In all fairness, I don't live large, and my RC have covered all of my food, so I've never had to try for backend comps...I've heard they are tight on those.

But, free rooms, free food, free play, no RF, for moderate spend at a great hotel? I just personally feel they've been good to me, but I'm prepared for the gravy train to end any trip, and just am enjoying it while I have it!

PS on my last trip they over comped me, AND I came out ahead, and then, being a dumb butt, their tablet slid off the bed and cracked. They charged me $150, but when they realized I had actually reported the damage...they waived the fee, despite me being ahead on a comped trip. Really, really generous!

If I DIDN'T give them props for how well they've treated me, I'd be a bit of an ingrate! :D

Last edited: Aug 16, 2016
    • Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  6. RynoBU

RynoBU Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    You're funny, Multifarious. Glad you didn't have to pay for the iPad! Hopefully they'll notice me and send a bit more my way!

7. Geogran

Geogran VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    @brger - it never hurts to charge to your room and before you checkout, swing by the players club and ask the on duty host to look at your play to see if they can comp any additional....you might be pleasantly surprised; it doesn't cost anything to ask - I overhear people asking all the time (call me nosy or curious.). My friend (slot player) was on a comp that included $150 in RC- she doesn't have a host at Aria and just asked the on duty host and got all of her food comp'd which was about $120-$130 above her front end comp. She is not a High Roller but plays mostly penny slots 12-15 hours a day...and she doesn't play max credits..I've only stayed at Aria once so far but had very decent front end RC so did not use a host at checkout - not that I have a host at Aria, haha.

@Multifarious5 - of course they treat you well at Aria - especially when you trash their tablet, that really gets their attention! You are a charmer with a lovely attitude and some history staying there So they better treat you well! Hope your offers get bigger and bigger - mlife has always treated me extremely well but I've been staying at mlife properties for 15 years so there is some history and some serious (relative to me) gamble on slots.

Last edited: Aug 17, 2016
  8. Multifarious5

Multifarious5 VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Oh my gosh Geogran, I actually was sick about it for about two days despite reporting it right away. Not because of the money, but because I felt awful! I am very, very careful to treat rooms carefully, always keep the rooms tidy, tip housekeeping daily, etc. I felt like such a crud, that's why I reported it not once, but twice. It honestly just slid off the bed onto the carpet, a really light fall, but it must have hit just right.

Still, I was absolutely prepared to pay for it, that's why I reported it! Any place else not only would have charged me, they probably would have gouged me to recoup the comps. It really meant a lot to me. And YOU are the charmer, I always love how sunny and gracious you are!

You always make me grin though, thank you! And Ryno, I play slots (the money eaters), not tables, for some reason everyplace seems stingy with table comps! :(

• Agree Agree x 1
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.