1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

Help with uber

Discussion in 'Getting There & Getting Around' started by ranchette, Aug 11, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ranchette

ranchette Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Going to vegas in Sept. arriving at McCarran airport I have never used uber before I HAVE DOWNLOADED THE APP but have no idea how to use it. Can someone explain what I do when i arrive at the airport ?

2. Hogman

Hogman VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    It looks pretty easy to use. It also has a help section that you might check out, that answers most of your questions.

3. mdm4sfest

mdm4sfest VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    http://www.wikihow.com/Use-Uber

• Like Like x 1
  4. reen1962

reen1962 Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Make sure that if you checked luggage, that you get your luggage before you call for a car.

It's Been Too Long 'Ol Friend! :-)
  5. IWannaBeInVegas

IWannaBeInVegas VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    You get your luggage, head to the ride share location at the airport. Request a ride, the driver will be there in minutes. At the end of the ride, if the ride got you where you were going safely and the driver was friendly, rate him a 5 star and be on your way.

6. kevin853

kevin853 High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Never used Uber myself and planning to on next trip to Vegas. Have downloaded it etc etc. Any difference for the U.K i.e do I need to download a Yank version. Remember there is decent wifi at McCarran airport so I don't get stung with nasty roaming charges.

7. Shoftiel

Shoftiel Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    In vegas, be sure to be within a minute of were the pick up area is as the driver is more than likely already there.
    To request a ride open the app and select your pick up location (depending where this is is will tell you were the closest one is) if you are in the airport just follow the share a ride signs. Then select your destination and finally click request uber. It then will tell you how far away the driver is and what car they are driving.
    Also be sure to set up a payment method and use a promotion code before tour first ride ( you can find this in the uber post in this forum)

8. Marilynfan

Marilynfan High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Anyone with experience finding the ride share location at Terminal 3? After picking up my luggage on my last trip I saw some ride share signs but it looked like they were directing you up some stairs. That wasn't going to happen with luggage so I just grabbed a cab instead.

9. johnnytwofingers

johnnytwofingers Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Yup, you just take the walkway over to the parkade, then down one level to Valet level, walk to the end (signage is not so good at this point), and you're there. Very easy.

10. Marilynfan

Marilynfan High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    So you have to go up the stairs to get to the walkway to parkade?

11. paperposter

paperposter MIA

Trips to Las Vegas:
    just walk to the garage from terminal one and go to ride sharing level ,its very easy a 2 minute walk. when u get there just use the app and get the car. also download lyft incase uber is in surge mode

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.