1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

I Would Have Paid and Booked the Updgrade

Discussion in 'Comps' started by BarelyHangingOn, Aug 10, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. BarelyHangingOn

BarelyHangingOn VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Before you flame I realize this: I only have a gambling and stay history with the Aria and expected nothing from either phone call I just find it interesting and odd.

My Mlife offers right now are Special Rates are Aria and Bellagio and a mix of one comped night, freeplay and credit at the rest of the MGM spots. We want either of the first two places. All say to call VIP Services.

VIP Aria phone call: Spoke with the nicest lady on the phone. She gave me a good rate, upgraded strip view and a late check out for the same rate over a weekend in December. She also noted it was my birthday, I am a repeat and put on my file to give me the same high floor room I had last year although no promises. She was very personable and friendly.

VIP Bellagio phone call: Lady came across like she couldn't wait to get off the phone with me from start. Offered the room discount. When asked about getting a fountain view upgrade she told me I would have to deal with the front desk for $30 a night on arrival. Okay, so I really don't know until I get there if I could get a fountain view? Yes. Awkward silence. Okay thanks.

I realize they owe me nothing but I was puzzled why she didn't even offer to book me the fountain view with the $30 extra on top of the offer. I would have probably have taken it, stayed, ate and gambled there for 4 days, Instead not. I found it kind of odd or funny I guess.

• Like Like x 1
  2. nostresshere

nostresshere Mr. Anti Debit Card

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Fountain view rooms are in demand. I would also doubt you would be guaranteed that $30 offer and would either have to pay much more, or not even have the option. If you called back in and asked for a fountain view room (not an upgrade), you might get a higher rate. Getting a strip view at Aria is not such a big deal for them to offer that.

Aria and Bellagio are on the top tier properties at Mlife/MGM.

• Like Like x 1
  3. Chuck2009x

Chuck2009x VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Yeah I think MGM properties in general are not hot on pre-paid upgrades at a discount except via those email e-Upgrades. They would rather try to sell the room at full price (or less of a discount) to someone else first.

Cosmo will let you upgrade a comp room prior to arrival; the discount % is probably not anywhere near as high as MLife may offer you for one at check in, but it's a great convenience to have it locked in.

• Like Like x 1
  4. boxofbirds

boxofbirds Royally Flushed

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I second what chuck and nostress said. They wanna sell it to someone else before they offer to you and a strip view at Aria is way down on the list of desirable rooms Vs. a Bellagio fountain view. Sorry the rep was rude about it!

In my experience the VIP line for Aria has been very pleasant to deal with, better than the reps I've talked to at other properties... but who knows maybe they're all in one office and all the VIP lines go to the same call reps and I just got nice ones when I called the Aria line.

Trip #39!
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.