1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

MyVegas Went to book a hotel showing avail nights & then reservation says no-think i'm done with this game

Discussion in 'MyVegas' started by timkings, Aug 6, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. timkings

timkings Newbie

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Been saving for Halloween getaway for a few months- check the Calendar every day at MGM and shows Oct 30 and 31 are available dates. Tired to book all week for oct 31 but system has been down for maintenance every day until Thursday night and then go to book and my redemption code didnt work due to system update- 25 minute on hold before they send me a new code. Tried to book yesterday and it tells me its not available on reservations- meanwhile the rewards page still shows its available. also tried to redeem $52 a nite and nothing available in the whole month of October but they dont show you that calendar online when saving. Sent email of complaint asking if anything can be done- no reply-What a scam- keep you hangin on and then screw you over. the 2 things I wanted to redeeem that i saved and had to wait until 90 days before I cant use. So disappointed with My Vegas that going to change hotel to non MGM i guess. But then again I can use them for one free beer-woohoo

2. SH0CK

SH0CK Stylin' and Profilin' Quasi Tech Admin

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Scam is a such a harsh word.

How were you booking the October 30 night?

If the Oct 31 date is still showing available on mlife.com, I would get a screen shot of that then call to book the room with MyVegas while telling them it is showing as available, but it won't allow you to book that night.

• Like Like x 1
  3. emmas

emmas VIP Whale

You don't have to wait 90 days until your stay to book a myVegas hotel room or shows. These can be booked months in advance. They don't always update the room calendars. It may show availability when there's none. You should call and see if that's actually the cases.

I need all the luck I can get!
  4. abraxis

abraxis Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    U must be pretty steamed to make this your very first post lol.

• Funny Funny x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  5. timkings

timkings Newbie

Trips to Las Vegas:
    not true- it says on the reservation an expiry day of 90 days from when we bought the other date - a must be used before date is shown and smack on 90 days

6. emmas

emmas VIP Whale

That means you must make a reservation within 90-days of buying the reward, not actually stay in the room. You could have found out better information on the room reward if you had researched it beforehand. Last year I made a room reservation in June for an end of October stay.

I need all the luck I can get!
    • Agree Agree x 2
  7. TableToddyy

TableToddyy VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Might have to book the day before or even all weekend first it's a holiday
    Be nice to the newbie.

8. weekapaug74

weekapaug74 Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I was able to book MGM for 10/31 but I did it immediately when M-Life came back online. And I still had to call and make the reservation because they were still having problems online. But I did it that same day.

The 90-day rule can be confusing. But emmas interpretation is correct. You have 90 days to make a reservation, not stay in the room.

9. eaglejohn

eaglejohn VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    scam, NO. Calendar was available since April and you can book anytime on calendar, as has been said. Might want to join a myvegas group so you will understand how it works. Also anytime on calendar for shows. Calendar for rooms is static and doesn't show when dates are sold out. There are only so many rooms for each date through myvegas and mlife, and obviously Oct 31 (Halloween) is a popular date.. Read page 2 of rewards for terms and conditions

10. weekapaug74

weekapaug74 Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    timkings - you might want to call again. I know someone who redeemed a reward for 10/31 at MGM just today. They had to do it over the phone.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.