1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

Wife, me, and baby in the oven...babymoon/anniversary

Discussion in 'Vegas Trip Reports' started by csully71, Aug 7, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. csully71

csully71 Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:

My Trip Report

I really appreciate others that post reports so that I can live Vegas through them to make it through the work day. I figure I'm due to contribute finally. Wife and I decided to take advantage of a 2 day free room offer. I'll start the thread now as I wait for the love of my life to get ready and add to it as I get time. Wish us luck!

2. Crazycrue

Crazycrue Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Looking forward to your trip report.

3. Lady Fortuna

Lady Fortuna Blessed with luck and ignorance...

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Congratulations with the babymoon/anniversary and enjoy the trip!

4. tringlomane

tringlomane STP Addicted Beer Snob

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Good luck!

Kicking off the Trip with Two New Hotels to Us!!!
  5. Camp Rusty

Camp Rusty VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Win that tuition !

• Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  6. caroleehs

caroleehs Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Enjoy while you can!

• Agree Agree x 1
  7. emmas

emmas VIP Whale

Congratulations on the baby/anniversary and good luck.

I need all the luck I can get!
  8. Lady Fortuna

Lady Fortuna Blessed with luck and ignorance...

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Where are you staying and how do you get there?

9. the nuts

the nuts VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    We did the babymoon twice and it was awesome both times. Good luck! Where are you staying?

10. Richard Alpert

Richard Alpert LOST

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Congrats! I can't wait to read more about your adventures!

RICHARD

11. csully71

csully71 Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Wow, thanks for all the interest here guys...I'm always amazed how awesome the peopke are here. Ok, now that I've got some time at the pool, I'll dig into the back story a little bit.
    My adventures with Vegas go back to when I turned 21; 11 years ago. We went a couple times as kids back in the 90s when Vegas was attempting to cater to the young crowd. It was fun then, but once I turned 21 and unlocked all the fun levels of Vegas it was solidified this would be a regular destination for me. So for the past 11 years (minus a random year here or there) my 3 brothers and I have made it an annual destination trip just for the boys. It is typically us 4 brothers and a few friends and 2 of our cousins. It is always awesome bonding time with the family.
    This leads me to how this trip developed. My wife has put up with this scenerio for some time and would often get jealous. We had one previous trip together for new years, but this one trip compared to my many with my brothers was unacceptable. I had a midweek room offer for 2 nights from the Cosmo, also had a little SW air credit so I finally manned up and took the wife on a much needed short stay away from home.
    Left Sunday, flew SW from DEN to LAS. Everything was on time and pretty nominal flight. This is my first time using Lyft so I downloaded the app before leaving. Upon landing, we got our checked bag and looked around for directions to the ride share pickup point. Decided not to request a ride until we knew exactly where it would pick us up. Had the $5 off first 10 rides promo loaded so trip from LAS to the cosmo was about $6 out of pocket plus $2 tip. What a change this is from a cab! I'm sold for life now unless things go south. Driver was a good talker and friendly so 5* for her. Got to the cosmo and check in lines were not too bad. Took about 10 minutes. Whipped up a $20 sandwich and the nice clerk was able to get us from a studio terrace to a 1 bedroom. The room way exceeded expectations for such a minimal gambler such as myself. The soaking tub is awesome. We are in the east tower 69th floor. We are above marquee dayclub which you could definitely hear, but did not bother us. After checking in, I had to treat my wife to my favorite sandwich shop, Earls in PHo. It did not disappoint. I had the original and she had the italian. Last night we went to see CDS Michael Jackson One. Had only seen KA previously. I really liked the show and the tribute affect to MJ, but think I might have liked KA better. I think I prefer the high acrobatic stuff better. After MJ One, we made our way back to the cosmo for a little VP. Say at Bond bar wich is my typical hang spot. Being a sunday night it was pretty dead. I played .25 JoB and wife played $1 BJ. I didn't hit a single quad so easily burned theough $100. I was pretty bummed. Even with the terrible payout on the BJ, wife ended up +$1 and she was happy! BJ had no double and no split feature and even money on BJ. I have to comment that the drink ticket system was too slow for me. I finished a drink in half the time it took a ticket to spit out. Chummed it up with the bar tender Matt and he had no pull above the tickets. Wife accidentally hit the cash out button when fussing with the identity card and it reset the ticket clock. She didn't get a single drink ticket to come out (not that she needed it being pregnant but could have donated it to me). Stayed out until about midnight and made it back up to the room to try out the soaking tub overlooking LV Boulevard. All in all a great day. More to come later for today's activity. Thanks for following along.

12. csully71

csully71 Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
  13. csully71

csully71 Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
  14. sybgal

sybgal VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Enjoying your report & pics.....looking forward to updates! Congrats on the anniversary & new little one. :)

15. csully71

csully71 Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Ok, it turns out I can shower and get ready way faster than the wife with my bald head so a little more detail on our adventure yesterday. After going into Earls for a sandwich, we decided to do a little walking down to Mandalay Bay for the MJ One show. Picked up a roadie tall boy of Bud Light Lime (very refreshing) at the ABC store in PHo. Walked back across the bridge and through the Crystals Mall. Wife really wanted to stop into Louise Vutton because she has never been in one of those stores and desperately wants a large bag there...it is going to take a hot streak at a $1 VP before I'd ever consider dropping $2k on a leather bag. It was fun seeing her try the purses on and watch her dream. After getting back to reality we left the mall and headed towards Excal. I hadn't seen the whole newly developed area in front of Monte Carlo and was really impressed. Looks really nice in there and looks like there will be lots of good little stops in the future at some of the food spots. We did stop in for some ice cream for the wife, and I was dry to I picked up a tall boy of PBR. The ABC store was about half the price for a beer than the ice cream shop. In fact, ABC prices were very reasonable, 3.50 for a 24 ozer or 2 for $5. I spared my wife the embarrassment and fought my frugality and only purchased the single can. Ok after icecream, onward, to the creepy castle. Wanted to walk there and catch the tram down to Mandalay Bay. I also wanted to highlight that after the MJ show at Mandalay bay, we took the tram back to Excal. and caught a Lyft from there back to Cosmo...came out to $3 or so after my $5 off credit. Ok, time to go for now! Hopefully some gambling winnings tonight!

• Like Like x 1
  16. the nuts

the nuts VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Good luck!

17. DDB

DDB Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Hit a dollar royal and surprise her with the bag - a big one. She will need it for carrying around all the diapers, bottles, barf rags, ect.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.