1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

Double Barrel Road House

Discussion in 'Restaurants & Buffets' started by DallasDublt, Jul 29, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. DallasDublt

DallasDublt Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I was just wondering if anyone has tried this place outside Monte Carlo. It looks like it might be fun if you got a table right next to the strip and did some people watching. There is a MyVegas award where you can get a 2 for 1 entree, so I was wondering if the food was any good.

2. Nauriel

Nauriel Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    It's pretty good food with very generous portions. The chocolate chip cookies are to die for and they make a mean Shepard's pie. It can be a bit loud at times but such is the strip.

3. breanna61

breanna61 Super Moderator

Trips to Las Vegas:
    The first time we went, we really liked it. Next time, we suggested it and went with friends and it was terrible. The hostess was surly and pissed that she would have to have someone push tables together to accommodate our group. The kitchen was to close in 45 minutes (it was 10:15) and it was obvious she didn't want us there. The guys in the group ended up moving two tables together as no one ever came to do it. The menu had changed and had been scaled down; the items we'd really enjoyed were gone. One person in our group had a salad with smoked chicken, ate a bit and said she thought the chicken might be off. Well, it must have been, a few hours later it hit her and she was pretty sick. Add in the entertainment tax they tack on the bill because a band was playing and it was great :(

4. rhubba78

rhubba78 Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    We ate there last month, it was just ok. $50 for a burger and nachos and two fountain drinks. Our waitress also disappeared.

5. sarah9nascar

sarah9nascar VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I've only had drinks there. Those girls are always out on the sidewalk with 2fer coupons. I do intend this time to eat with MyVegas BOGO.

Sema Show
  6. FYMYAWF

FYMYAWF VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I've been in there several times and always have a "meh" experience. Service is uneven at best, they can't seem to settle on menu selection and it's fairly pricey.

I don't think it's doing as well as MC had hoped. It's closed early a lot, even on weekend nights, whereas Tom's Urban and Diablo's in the same area are usually hopping. They also used to put up a curtain halfway into the bar to mask the fact that half the place was empty. I could see this place being a goner when MC rebrands in the near future.

7. Knucklehead69

Knucklehead69 Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Same experience here... We were going to have a late lunch here and waited at the hostess stand while 2 hostesses and the bartender stood chatting knowing we were waiting. When she finally came to seat us, she had an attitude like we were interrupting. We said no thanks and left, deciding never to set foot in the place again. Being the it's in such a great location and looks really cool inside... It speaks volumes that it's always empty when you walk by.

8. deadeyefive

deadeyefive Big Daddy

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Tried it on my last trip. Lunch time around 1pm. Place only had a few tables occupied. Food was mediocre at best and service sucked!! Wont be going back!!

9. deadeyefive

deadeyefive Big Daddy

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Your better off going over to NY NY to the irish bar. The 2 for1 my vegas is actually a $50 comp which is a really good deal!! And food and drinks are good!!

• Like Like x 1
  10. queuetee

queuetee VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    that is just amazing that a restaurant on the Strip cannot organize themselves to do a decent business. Where in the heck are the owners that they don't see a probem with the management? With that kind of setting, they should be booming

• Like Like x 1
  11. Diva21

Diva21 Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Worst service I've ever had in Las Vegas. Waitress was totally preoccupied and inattentive. Food was mediocre, but the garlic fries were delicious. With so many other great places to go, I won't go back there.

12. Boogaloo

Boogaloo Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    If you're looking for comfort food around there, Tom's Urban at the NYNY is better in almost all respects, though they don't have as a good an offer on MyVegas (2 for 1 33 ounce beers). The food's better and more creative, and they likewise have Strip-side seating available.

13. Knucklehead69

Knucklehead69 Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Todd English PUB at Crystal Shops is much better. Great happy hour and food and service have always been great.

14. DallasDublt

DallasDublt Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Thanks everyone for all the info. I was trying to stay right around there because I have hockey tickets for the Stars and the Kings that night and I wanted to be in walking distance of the arena. Thanks Boogaloo for the suggestion, I will look into Tom's Urban and see if like their menu.

15. radiogeek

radiogeek Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I'm bummed to hear so many negative reviews. This is one place near the top of my list for a splurge meal.

16. deadeyefive

deadeyefive Big Daddy

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I know, I wanted to go there for the longest time and then when i finally went, it sucked!!

17. Multifarious5

Multifarious5 VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Not to do my standard plug, but you might also check out Diablos, very close. Also opens to the strip, and a much cooler atmosphere in my book. (Reminds me of a fancier "Dusk till Dawn" vibe!)

The steak nachos at Diablos are epic, under 20$ and over a full meal for two people. (And they're good enough, various magazines are always writing about how good they are.) http://localemagazine.com/5-best-nachos-youll-find-las-vegas-strip/

We also love the bartenders at Diablos. They are professional, quick, and just great people. (Tony, the quiet one, rocks, and has some really neat travel stories if it's slow enough to get him talking.)

We only had a brief encounter with a bartender at double barrel, because the service was the polar opposite, so we left. It wasn't inattentive (I can understand that, Vegas is slammed), she was flat mean-natured, but perhaps she was having a really cruddy night. Still, it cemented Diablos for us. :)

Last edited: Aug 6, 2016
  18. DallasDublt

DallasDublt Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Thanks Multifarious5 for your suggestion. We ate at Diablos a few years ago when it first opened. The problem turned out that we are from Texas and the Mexican food in Vegas really dosent come up to our boiling point. I will give you the good vibe and the one time we ate there we had a table right next to the street which made for great people watching.

19. queuetee

queuetee VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Glad to hear that we made the right choice in not going here. We were looking for a lighter meal than we normally have and noticed this.We cabbed it up from the B, but got sidetracked at the Italian restaurant at MC. That was quite good and had a wonderful server..so after reading here we will not make it back to the Double Barrel ever.

20. Multifarious5

Multifarious5 VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Hey Dallas, I TOTALLY get that on the food "not coming up to to your boiling point".

I lived in Dallas and El Paso. I actually now just usually cook my own Mexican food because I'm often left disappointed, after having such good food when living south. On Diablos, it's only their steak nachos I really hit... it's not their traditional dishes.

Actually, even Dallas didn't cut it for me as its more Tex Mex, which is a slightly different creature as well! :D

But the steak nachos I do love, and I'm not usually a nacho fan. I think it's the generous amount's of slow-cooked beef, I'm alway's a sucker for that!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.