1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

How do you buy WAX or SDX ticket with reduced fare senior pass ?

Discussion in 'Getting There & Getting Around' started by glock77, Aug 1, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. glock77

glock77 Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I am confused about using the reduced fare senior pass. I am getting one next month. How do I use it at a machine? If you want to get on SDX or WAX don't you have to buy ticket at a machine? Do you have to scan the senior pass at the machine to get discount? Thanks for info.

2. Joe

Joe VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Can't help you with SDX, but for the WAX you don't buy a ticket ahead of time. You pay when you board. What we do is flash our WI DL and put a buck in the collector. It has never been questioned, but according to the announcement that plays over and over again on the WAX bus, you need a RTC approved ID and a WI DL isn't one of them, it must be locally issued. Whatever, we have taken at least 20 WAX rides and it has never been an issue. If it was, it would be another buck each, but like I said, it has never been questioned. Just look like you know what you are doing.

Last edited: Aug 1, 2016
  3. Turtleman

Turtleman VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I have an RTC "old fart" card that expired a couple years ago. Like the drivers scrutinize it or care! While I've been by the Bonneville Transit Center numerous times, I haven't felt like bothering to get a new card. You can also use a Medicare card WITH your driver's license; but as Joe said, nobody cares! Never a problem; and if there ever is a problem , I'll get a new card.

4. Joe

Joe VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    16 more months until I get that Medicare Card.

• Funny Funny x 1
  5. weas

weas Life, Liberty and the pursuit of Vegas Deals

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Last year I had the senior reduced pass, I bought at Walgreens downtown. I scanned it at the ticket machine next to Binnons to validate it and then just scanned it each time I rode the bus. I rode Wax SDX and deuce and just scanned it when I got on.

6. glock77

glock77 Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Which pass did you buy at Walgreens?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.