1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

Jockey Club Questions

Discussion in 'LV Strip Hotels' started by HuskerBB, Jul 28, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. HuskerBB

HuskerBB VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Hope this counts as a "strip hotel".

I can book a room at the Jockey Club either through booking.com or homeaway.com for close to the same price. The booking.com rooms do not specific the view. The homeaway.com owner says their unit is not one with the fountain view but if a room with a view is available when you check in you can get an upgrade. Anyone had any experience with this either way? Anyone have any thoughts on which option would give you the best choice of a room facing the Bellagion? (I would gladly pay extra for a room with that north view - but have not been able to find a way to book one that guarantees that side).

Also considering both 1 and 2 bedroom options. Does anyone know how the rooms are configured at the Jockey Club? Specifically would a 2 bedroom give you a better chance at a north facing room?

2. Patman

Patman VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    We are planning on staying there in October and were told the same thing about getting a view room. I was just in Vegas and checked out the location. Its not very big or tall. Unless you are near the top floors you will mainly see the Bellagio walkway on the side. Im not sure you will even see that much on the top floors. I have a picture of it that I will post if I can figure out how to do it if that is even possible here.

3. Chuck2009x

Chuck2009x VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Yeah, I don;t think the fountain views will be that great, because the building isn't that tall and there are trees planted along the fountain. It looks to me like you'll be able to see the tops of the fountain spray, but maybe not the bottom (from some rooms at least).

Check out JosieCat's trip report - she had a room on a low floor at Cosmo and the air conditioning unit on the roof of the Jockey Club partially blocked her view, but I think it kind of gives you an idea of what the view from Jockey Club could be like.

https://www.vegasmessageboard.com/forums/index.php?threads/tr-5-22-25-cosmo-mc-best-trip-ever.131881/

4. azlefty

azlefty VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Just took the walkway last evening. While I wasn't checking on this specifically, as far as I can tell, you should have a beautiful view of the Bellagio's parking garage.

5. Snotick

Snotick Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I've been a Jockey Club owner for about 8 years and have weeks at two different units. One is on the third floor and the other the 9th, both are on the Bellagio side (north facing). Based on their newsletter, they give owners the Bellagio side rooms first. I've stayed over a hundred nights at JC and only had a south facing room once. I took my parents that trip and they stayed in my deeded room on the 9th floor with the view. I don't always stay in my deeded room, but I usually request a higher floor and they accommodate when possible. I have a 6 nights booked in late Oct, and I won't know if I will get a north room or not until I check in.

Here is picture of the fountains from one of the upper floors. I don't recall which floor, but based on experience it's probably the 10th. Keep in mind that JC has two towers. The tower closest to the strip is the Ascot and the other is the Derby. The Ascot tower has the better views, as the Derby is partially obstructed by Bellagio parking garage.

09182009043.jpg

The two bedroom wouldn't give you a better chance at a fountain view room. The buildings have the exact same rooms north and south. The one bedroom suite is similar to a small studio apartment. As you enter the room there will be a small kitchen directly in front, to the side is a living room. You walk through double doors and there is the bedroom and bathroom. The windows in this type of room are in the bedroom. I've only walked through a two bedroom suite, and they have two separate rooms down a small hallway. (still have full kitchen and living room)

Let me know if you have any other questions. I'd be happy the help.

6. CJ's

CJ's Plumbing the depths of debauchery

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I have a timeshare option here, have you any photo's of the insides please?

7. Snotick

Snotick Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    These were taken almost 10 years ago right after a remodel. And around the same time I purchased my first week. The rooms just went through another remodel. (carpet, bedding, paint, new tiled showers). During my last visit in April, the rooms looked pretty much the same as far as color and decor. Just updated.

One bedroom -from kitchen
    01172011026.jpg

One bedroom - living room
    01172011025.jpg
    One bedroom - Bed
    01172011023.jpg

One bedroom - closet/bathroom
    01172011024.jpg

Two bedroom - living room
    01172011021.jpg 01172011020.jpg

8. CJ's

CJ's Plumbing the depths of debauchery

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Thank you for these
    Spacious if a little bland on style, could be a new option for me in the future. Saves on those dammed resort fees :haha:

9. Snotick

Snotick Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    May be too spacious. There have been times where I've never sat on the couch or spent more than a few seconds walking through the living room. It's Vegas. I sleep, shower, and occasionally have a bite to eat in the room.

10. BlacklabberMike

BlacklabberMike MIA

Trips to Las Vegas:
    stayed there a couple times.. once i had the pimlico room... round bed...red bed cover. looked like a brothel:haha:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.