1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

Question re: status of the Cal pool & Redwood in the Pullman Rm

Discussion in 'Downtown Hotels' started by TJC, Jul 28, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. TJC

TJC VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I'm going to be in Vegas the last week of August and was wondering if anyone could confirm whether or not The Cal's pool is open or under renovation. I'd feel like a mook walking to the DTG from MSS in my swimming attire and may decide to stay at The D for the pool if The Cal's is unavailable.

Also, is there any knowledge of a timetable for the Redwood's renovation? It'd be sweet to dine on the porterhouse special from the Pullman Room in MSS.

• Like Like x 1
  2. eaglejohn

eaglejohn VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    ate in Pullman(Redwood) last night. Hostess said it will be at MSS til around 1st of October

• Informative Informative x 1
  3. TJC

TJC VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    That's excellent. I look forward to dining in The Pullman Room. Thanks very much for the information!

4. johnnytwofingers

johnnytwofingers Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Stayed at the Cal a few days ago, the pool is indeed open. Maybe a heads up, my card key didn't work on the pool door the first 2 or 3 times, but then started working.

• Informative Informative x 1
  5. TJC

TJC VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    The intel y'all have provided has convinced me to take MSS up on their offer and stay there for my trip in a couple of weeks.

I can't hardly wait to eat in The Pullman Room for the first time, rack up a whole passel of quad scratchers, and take daily dips in that rarely frequented, thawed out ice cube otherwise known as the Cal pool.

Thanks very much.

• Like Like x 1
  6. PoTownMike

PoTownMike Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I had booked a reservation for the Redwood on Tuesday September 20 hoping to eat in the Pullman. I received an email from Open Table that the reservation was cancelled and then a call from the Redwood yesterday. The restaurant is closed that whole week to the public, while they open the renovated restaurant.

Mike

• Informative Informative x 2
  7. TJC

TJC VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Thanks very much for the information.

If I can survive this week at work, I'm heading out this Saturday. Hopefully I can get a reservation at least one night while I'm there. There's a porterhouse there waiting patiently for me.

8. bubbakitty

bubbakitty Doing retirement again and happily so....

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Check out the bone in ribeye. It is like 19-12 oz but great with French onion soup
    Good luck and at least post the experience.

9. bubbakitty

bubbakitty Doing retirement again and happily so....

Trips to Las Vegas:
    10-12 oz that is

10. TJC

TJC VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    What a great meal. I ordered the porterhouse special for only $24.99. What a great deal for only about 15k points. The food came quickly and the service was excellent.

This is such a cool setting. It's hard to believe they still don't use it on a regular basis. I told the server I hoped they would open it as a restaurant once they moved back to The Cal, but he said he hasn't heard of any plans.

Thank y'all for the information. I highly recommend to anyone that will be in Vegas while the Redwood is still in the Pullman to pay a visit.

11. surf87

surf87 MIA

Trips to Las Vegas:
  12. RIRugrat

RIRugrat Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I'll be staying at MSS the weekend of 9/23-9/25. Was able to make a reservation at the Redwood/Pullman for Saturday night 9/24 at 8pm via OpenTable. Can't wait!

Chris

13. Fet297

Fet297 113 survivor North Vegas

Trips to Las Vegas:
    We'll be in Vegas on Sept. 16th and there are no reservations available for the Redwood Grill on that day. I wonder if they plan on moving back to Cal that week?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.