1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

Help with Encore/Wynn fine dining?

Discussion in 'Restaurants & Buffets' started by Retrobabble, Jul 24, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Retrobabble

Retrobabble CVF #37500: Director of Fun

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Heading to Wynn in August. Originally, I wanted to dine at Costa di Mare but the online reviews about service and price/value make me hesitate. This is my first time at Wynn, so I have no idea about any of the restaurants.

I like fine dining, a solid wine list (20 min. from Napa so usually avoid California wines away from home), and somewhere not too noisy. Prefer seafood to steak. I looked at Sinatra's but as I might be having someone join me for a lovely evening, I would prefer to stay away from garlic, heh. :whistle:

Any insights are appreciated. Thank you!

2. Travel Fanatic

Travel Fanatic The Arbiter of Taste Caviar Kid

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Sinatra is great, but if you're wanting to steer clear, I would recommend the teppanyaki at Mizumi. When people say seafood and Wynn, Lakeside is always mentioned, but I was disappointed the one time I ate there. The sea bass at Mizumi is the way to go

I Need Spa
    • Like Like x 1
  3. PopMegaphone

PopMegaphone VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Fine dining at Wynn/Encore is decent, but not as good as I think it should be. For seafood I'd get sushi at Mizumi.

• Like Like x 1
  4. ardee

ardee It's only money.

Trips to Las Vegas:
    You might enjoy Lakeside and SW Steakhouse at Wynn. Lakeside offers both seafood and steaks, along
    with other dishes. SW Steakhouse provides excellent steaks and sides. Both give great service.
    All Wynn restaurants provide alternate vegan options too.
    We've been to both restaurants and have had great experiences there.
    They offer great views of Wynn's Lake of Dreams. Both are across from each other on the lower level
    of the Wynn resort. If you haven't checked out the website yet, it provides photos and menus for their
    restaurants too. Hope this helps.
    Have a great trip.

• Like Like x 1
  5. ron_ron

ron_ron Low-Roller

Not sure if this qualifies as fine dining - we tried Allegro - food was delcious, service was outstanding, warm feel and excellent bar.

• Like Like x 1
  6. Jackpot Johnny

Jackpot Johnny Wynn Fan

Trips to Las Vegas:
    We think that Sinatra is the best restaurant in Las Vegas. SW Steakhouse is excellent if you prefer steak, on a par with Prime (at Bellagio).

Maybe not 'fine dining,' but we also love Wazuzu and never miss it. For a different vibe, try the excellent Country Club-maybe sit outside if the weather is ok and listen to the waterfall (and look at the golf course while it's still there).

Pretty hard to make a dining mistake at Wynn/Encore. Just pick the type food you want to eat and enjoy.

Make reservations! Can't emphasize that enough.

• Like Like x 1
  7. johnvic

johnvic VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Sinatra was amazing and my breath was fine afterwards. I also sent a friend who has had some amazing food in his life and was blown away.

• Like Like x 1
  8. Jackpot Johnny

Jackpot Johnny Wynn Fan

Trips to Las Vegas:
    What John said. Certainly never have had garlic issues with the completely sublime veal parmigiana.

You mentioned wanting to avoid California wines-Sinatra is the place to do it. Sinatra has a terrific non-California list-we are Napa wine fans (mostly Grgich Hills), but the Italian wine selections we've had at Sinatra have been uniformly excellent. We don't know anything about wines outside California and just followed Sinatra wine steward Patrick's spot on suggestions-with happy results. Patrick is a relaxed, engaging guide to wine happiness, just the guy you want to lead you to non-California goodness. (And he picked less expensive choices on every occasion while I was preparing to shell out big $$-yay)

Nuff said-hard to go wrong at Wynn no matter what you decide.

• Like Like x 1
  9. iamsomedude

iamsomedude High-Roller

A place that is not Las Vegas, but I wish it was.
    Trips to Las Vegas:
    I agree with Mizumi. It may not be the most high brow restaurant, but it boasts great food an excellent view of waterfalls and koi ponds and isn't too noisy. If you choose the $95 option, you get a small appetizer, soup, salad, vegetables, two choices of meat (sea bass, scallops, shrimp, angus sirloin, etc.), and dessert. You can also order some sushi as well, if you want. I can't comment on the wine list, though.

• Informative Informative x 1
  10. Retrobabble

Retrobabble CVF #37500: Director of Fun

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Thank you all! I appreciate your help. :beer:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.