1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

Aria or Bellagio dinner buffet

Discussion in 'Restaurants & Buffets' started by brownies95, Jul 23, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. brownies95

brownies95 Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I have one MyVegas reward left and want to use it on either the Aria or Bellagio dinner buffet.

In everyone's opinion, which one do you prefer and why?

If it helps, my wife loves seafood while I am a more meat and potatoes kind of guy. We both Love dessert!:feedme:

Thanks,
    Tim:cool:

2. bandit1965

bandit1965 Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I have been to both, and both are very good. To me it seems that the Aria buffet has more "ethnic food". Maybe that is just me, it is a good buffet. Bottom line, you can't go wrong choosing one over the other.

3. californiasushi

californiasushi Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I think Aria is better overall especially if you want to eat seafood and prime rib. The times we've been to Aria, their prime rib/carving station has been really good. The seafood is also a standout. They have chilled king crab legs, which I think is the only strip buffet left where you can. There's also other chilled seafood items as well. On weekends they also have a seafood grill station that's cooks a few items to order (and accordingly can have quite a line). A couple areas where Bellagio might be better with regards to seafood is 1) Bellagio has sushi, and their hand rolls are actually pretty good and 2) Bellagio's chilled snow crab legs are more tender and you can ask to have the snow crab legs warmed up for you. At Aria the heated snow crab legs just sit with crab boil like items and aren't as appetizing IMHO.

The selection is better at Bellagio, and they have fancier items, but if you want prime rib and Seafood, I really think Aria is the best place on the strip for that.

4. SH0CK

SH0CK Stylin' and Profilin' Quasi Tech Admin

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Bellagio's buffet is starting to show its age and you can tell the quality has declined over the years, but is still better than most of the buffets in town.
    That being said, Aria's buffet has been much better the past few trips that I've gone and done both. Given a choice, I'd go with Aria for better quality and service, especially when adding the all you can drink Rum Punch :)

5. Jejas

Jejas VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Aria has better seafood. Bellagio's dessert is better, much better.

6. gotChopin

gotChopin Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    My wife and I really enjoyed the aria buffer last time we went. It is well worth it you won't be disappointed

7. Mafioso

Mafioso Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Aria has in my opinion the best buffet on myvegas
    as myvegas can only be used Monday thru Thursday

If not Myvegas if it were a weekend at a Buffet i would choose Bellagio as they have Beef Wellington Lamb Chops and other delicious cuts of meat including prime rib

8. Jejas

Jejas VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I agree.
    Bellagio's weekend menu is significantly better than other time. The price is higher though.

9. Multifarious5

Multifarious5 VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Aria is my homebase---even above Bellagio...I love it. But on buffets, I prefer Bellagio slightly. Bellagio's prime rib is really rare, which I like, but some may not. I'd say they're (Aria and Bellagio) are pretty close, you can't go wrong with either, I just gave a slight preference to Bellagio for my personal tastes. (Though Aria had a mango puree topped flan/ custard desert that I adored.)

My all time favorite, not in this vote, but worth a mention, is Wicked Spoon, at the Cosmo. To me, it knocks both Aria and Bellagio out of the park. If you do a weekday lunch, you're looking at approx. $25 per person, and absolutely worth every penny. If you do hit it, and hubby is a carnivore, try the bone marrow. Sounds gross if you've never tried it, but it's amazing...basically "meat butter".

You'll do great with either Aria or Bellagio, Wicked Spoon was just so good, I had to mention it!!!!

Last edited: Jul 24, 2016
  10. Jackpot Johnny

Jackpot Johnny Wynn Fan

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Another vote for Aria. We've watched Bellagio's buffet steadily decline so much over the past six years that we'll not go there anymore. Also, the Bellagio buffet rooms are badly dated and in need of refreshing or remodel. Ceilings are low, it seems dark and congested and the traffic patterns for people moving around are chaotic. Food quality has declined dramatically. They try and have 'gourmet' items, but they're poorly executed with inferior ingredients. Service, though, is generally good to excellent. We think Bellagio"s buffet has been living on its reputation for a very long time-but, they keep cutting quality and trying to squeeze more $$ out of it. The once good reputation is now undeserved, but there are still inexplicable long lines, so it does not seem MGM has much motivation to fix it. (On our last visit, for instance, both the prime rib and lamb bordered on inedible. They had it, but it was awful.)

Aria, on the other hand, is excellent, open, bright, modern and with excellent food and service. It never feels crowded even when busy. During our last years at Bellagio we'd take the tram over to Aria for the buffet instead of staying on premises. The food selections at Aria, as my wife said, were "more like food we really like to eat" rather than over the top supposed gourmet menu items. It was hard to make a bad choice at Aria-everything is good.

Our vote goes to the refreshed Wynn buffet as the best in Las Vegas, with Aria second, but neither is ever a bad choice. We've never stayed at Aria, but we think their food and beverage operations are very, very good. Likewise Wynn. If you had to never leave the hotel to eat while staying in Las Vegas we'd pick Wynn or Aria. (Or Caesars) Bellagio's restaurants are pretty good, but Bellagio has never had good casual dining options.

Opinions about buffets in Vegas differ wildly. This is just our vote.

• Like Like x 1
  11. Mafioso

Mafioso Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Wow
    Last two Times there were
    Thanksgiving Thursday
    It was phenomenal

January midweek
    It was awful

So maybe you are onto something regarding bellagio buffet is living off its past reputation

12. dreric

dreric Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I would have to give a slight nod to Aria over Bellagio. Bellagio is starting to show its age a bit. Aria, though smaller, had quite a different variety of ethnic foods. They also had a tangerine sorbet to die for. My wife and I still long for it. My father loved B when I took him there a year ago, but he ate mostly prime rib and peeled shrimp, though he commented that the bread pudding was the best that he had ever had. Off topic, but I would say Wynn is awesome. We are going back in six weeks and are making a point of having dinner in The Buffet.

13. gotavegasjones

gotavegasjones VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    September 2015 we had a dinner buffet at Bellagio and a lunch buffet at Aria. We enjoyed the experience at Aria more than Bellagio. The room just felt more open and fresh. Bellagio buffet seemed a bit dark and congested. I thought the food at Aria was much better. We are headed out to Vegas again this September. Have myvegas rewards (2for1) for one lunch buffet and one dinner buffet at Aria.

• Agree Agree x 1
  14. chef

chef Resident Buffetologist

I've been going to the Bellagio buffet for over a decade and agree wholeheartedly about the "tiredness" to it. Aria has a much better feel to it.

• Agree Agree x 2
  15. bshowell

bshowell VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Another vote for Aria. Crab legs, yes please.

16. gmoney590

gmoney590 VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I have to agree with most Aria just seemed to be just slightly better than the Bellagio's dinner buffet.

17. abescan

abescan Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Aria......they even had soft shelled crabs when we were there in Feb.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.