1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

Encore solo trip

Discussion in 'Vegas Trip Reports' started by Bcartel, Jul 17, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Bcartel

Bcartel Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:

My Trip Report

Flying out of Kansa City, sitting in the Marriot lounge bar and passing the time with five flight attendants waiting for the airport shuttle, just like me. They all had Jennifer Anniston haircuts and shiny lipstick. All had smiles frozen on their faces. Tiffany, who hadn't stopped smiling, and I had been playfully flirting. Leaned forward and asked: "Would you rather give a party or go to a party?" "I love to entertain people and make them feel at home," I answered. She smiles, and then proceeds to tell me that she is heading to Las Vegas too with her niece...and then the shuttle arrives.
    Moving onto the flight into Las Vegas...The screaming baby nightmare begins about the time the fasten your seat belt light turns off. Well, if you fly enough, we've all experienced this nightmare and I dislike them just as much as anyone. But, I also feel for the parents. About a half hour into the flight, I make my way to the lavatory only to find that the screaming baby is Tiffany's niece. She had the look of someone who wanted to crawl under a rock. I ask her if I may hold her niece? And she said she is open to any help. So I pick her her up and take a strawberry sucker out of my suit and rub it on her wide open her howling lips...And SHAZZAM, the little princess goes silent. And the cabin breaks out in applause. Trust me, this little tyke was loud!

After the flight Tiffany I exchange pleasantries on the way to baggage claim. We exchange numbers and with a wave I meet my Bell limousine driver. I expected a sedan, but they sent a stretch limousine. No complaints on the service. But the car was In need of a make over. The stereo speakers had been blown, and there seemed to be an aromatic smell of alcohol and stripper perfume.

Visiting for two nights at he Encore. I really like the swanky vibe. From the moment you arrive, every detail is first class. The registration process is smooth and seamless and the quailty and character of the front desk employees is superb. They made every effort to accommodate my room type and requests and did not allow me to leave the desk until satisfied.

After settling in for the night, I head down stairs for a drink before I call it a night. The lounge was busy and the music was popping. 20 something nightclub playmates were all over and dressed to the nines...After a settling Margarita and baring disappointment that High Society was no more, I head for bed. Except I had to pass the craps table...A few corner spots were open. So I stroll up and layout 3GS with my players card. After some general small talk with the dealers and stickman the shooter 7s out. I then turn to the pit boss and say "only 2x odds?...color me up, there will be no action for Encore this trip!" I already knew the odds from previous trips, but tight odds on the strip are just a pet peeve.

It was noon and hot in Vegas, and I felt great. I check my phone and find that Tiffany had texted me the previous night about getting together for drink. After some humorous texts back n forth we plan for her to dine with me at Gordon Ramsay at 8. I tell her that I will send a car for her and to wear something black and sleek. Something that will go with my Union Jack sport coat, panties optional...

After returning from my stroll through the mall in late afternoon I rested and prepared for the night. For whatever reason, I only like to gamble late night. The juxtaposition of the rich and poor in Vegas is astonishing.

7:30pm I receive a call from the Bell limo driver that he is 5 min away with beautiful lady in tow. On the drive over to Paris, Tiffany & I's banter picked up right where we left off in Kansa City. Fantastic personality and more..

Gordon Ramsay was phenomenal. I highly recommend the bone-n-ribeye with the worcestershire demiglace. The sides items were not noteworthy. But it's all about that beef. Multiple foodgasms were reached that night. Although, perhaps the best one came when we ventured into the sticky toffee pudding with a brown butter ice cream. The toffee bread pudding was wonderful with the English style brown bread pudding, absorbing the flavors of toffee and butter. The brown butter ice cream had a flavor that I can only describe as buttery nuts. It has a velvety smooth texture that seduced the taste buds.

We gambled all night at the Venetian and had a great time. The craps table was dreadful when we walked up. I actually went on a decent run, made 4 points, 37 passes, and rolled a ton of my numbers. I progressed by bets aggressively and walked away with an additional $1000. I must have left over $500 on the table. Just a few more numbers and the take would have been $3000. Witnessed an Asian gentleman drop 40k and a Canadian drop about the same. Did not know there was that much moola up north...

After taking a cab back to the Encore. Tiffany and I dance and drink for an hour. Her heels were killing her feet. So being the gentleman I am, I suggest we go back to my room so she can rest her feet and I can call a car for her...after boxing the compass, Tiffany left at 10am. She had a 2:30 flight.

After few hours sleep I got up and went to the Wynn Buffet. Wynn claims its Vegas' best. Sorry, but that would be a stretch. Then again...it's a buffet.

After breakfast and a rest I headed out to the pool. One of the pleasant features of the Wynn/Encore environment is the background music. It is cool, inspired jazz. Jazz versions of Rolling Stones tunes and other 70's pop sung by high voiced female jazz singers with a strong nightclub beat. The sound system at Wynn is ubiquitous. So is the cool jazz. At the pool they turn it up. I settled in at the pool for a few hours.

As usual the drink servers drew my interest. Mine was a beautiful sunny blonde with named Brandi who wore her hair up and braided like a Swedish farm girl. She wore a modest red sarong, covering a 'Baywatch' red one piece. She was tanned, ripped, and easy on the eyes. I ordered a Tequila Sunrise from her. Several hours passed as I wallowed in the sun and pool. As the shadows lengthened, it was time to head home.

Due to unforeseen circumstances I did not have the opportunity to gamble as much or as long as I normally would have on a solo trip. But I'll be accepting Delano's invitation in October!

Attached Files:

• Dislike Dislike x 1
  2. Dean Martin

Dean Martin VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Sounds like a great Encore trip. Class hotel (other than the EBC). Even though you politely left out details, I'm not sure I'd post the girls photo....she has a life, a job and a family. Your call though.

• Like Like x 1
  3. Quick Sand

Quick Sand Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Agree with "Dean Martin" about posting the girl's photo ...... unless you've agreed with her.

Last edited: Jul 18, 2016
    • Like Like x 1
  4. Bcartel

Bcartel Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I appreciate the sensitivity. But I never post someone's picture without their OK. I actually presented Tiffanty with the trip report, before posting. And she found it funny that I glazed over details...

• Like Like x 1
  5. Quick Sand

Quick Sand Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    That's awesome ... Waiting for your next posts.

6. Dean Martin

Dean Martin VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Nicely done then:nworthy:

I couldn't agree more regarding the Wynn and Encore pools and the music played there. We always go when it's hot enough to have some pool time everyday. We usually go for 6 nights (in Sat and our Fri) so you have to find something else you enjoy beside gaming or the trip gets too expensive.

7. Royal Flusher

Royal Flusher Savvy Gambler

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Congratulations on your buttery nuts.

• Like Like x 2
    • Funny Funny x 1
  8. gambler

gambler VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    It's really surprising isn't it?! After we pay off the mortgage on our igloos, some of us do have money left over for gambling and other entertainment.

You should probably read more news Bcartel. Canada is hardly a poor country...

• Like Like x 2
    • Funny Funny x 2
  9. emmas

emmas VIP Whale

Seems like an enjoyable two days. I like your breezy style.

I need all the luck I can get!
  10. tringlomane

tringlomane STP Addicted Beer Snob

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Very well written! My condolences of having to fly out of MCI, but sounds like you had a good time with Tiffany!

11. breanna61

breanna61 Super Moderator

Trips to Las Vegas:
    That was a quick trip! Sounds like you made the most of your time.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.