1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

Live Report Mirage 7/16-7/19

Discussion in 'Vegas Trip Reports' started by NJbadlands, Jul 17, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. NJbadlands

NJbadlands PH and Cosmo October 11-15/mirage july 11-14

Trips to Las Vegas:

My Trip Report

image.jpeg image.jpeg image.jpeg
    New to this so will give it a go.

Three nights booked at Mirage (was close to trying Cosmo or going back Palazzo but my wife wanted to try Mirage since she's never been but I have) for a very good rate. $290 all In including resort fees. Left my house 330am to catch a 630 flight out of Newark. God I hate these early flights but love landing at 930am local time. Security lines at EWR were insane but we made it with plenty of time.

Landed in Vegas to be greeted by lovely 91 degree weather. Took a cab from airport to Mirage and attempted to check in early at 10am with absolutely no line. Figured give the a shot. Was told "rooms will start being replenished at 11am. Come back then and a room should be ready. Otherwise can check in now and be given a key but room will not be assigned until after 1pm."

Weighing options figured let's kill and hour at Carnegie Deli and grab breakfast. Ordered a way too greasy bacon egg and cheese sandwhich and my wife had a very tasty omelet. Walked back to the check in to see a HUGE line. doh! After twenty minutes was greeted by a nice woman and attempted the $20 sandwhich (I am 5/5 w this at mirage palazzo Paris and Mandalay) to be made to think we're going to be hooked up again. She put the $20 to the side and said "a room is not available now but I am looking for a higher floor in the tower." She gave us back our key and we decided we should get some time at the pool in.

Threw a $50 into the fun Big Bang Theory slot and won a quick $40. Very nice. Grabbed couple bathing suits and went to one of my favorite pools. A couple margaritas later and wifey and I were feeling nice. Realized it was now 2pm and still no text for the room. We're in Vegas at the pool, we can deal!

An hour later we decided we wanted to go gamble a bit more and lost back what we won in the Hangover slot, but won another $50 back at Big Bang. So far so good. 4pm rolls around and figured lets just walk up to the room we were assigned (found out by charging drinks to the room at the pool) and were very disappointed that 1) it was 10th floor 2) not a dual sink room and 3) the room was not yet ready.... After 4pm! At this point tipsy wife was annoyed and muttered "not at all impressed by this place" and we walked to lobby desk and waited in line AGAIN to find out what's going on. The new clerk said "oh it looks like Deb tried to hook you up with a volcano view (there is now view), so that's why the room isn't ready." I wanted to roll my eyes but I was a good boy and was nice asking what can she do so we can get into a room as we have 615 reservations at Portofino. She went to the back and was able to get us a room that was ready also on the 10th floor. Got in, showered, quick nap and up at 545 to get ready for dinner.

Portofino was very good and even better w a myVegas buy one get one. Wife had he tasty chicken rollatini and I had a very flavorful scallop dish. Very solid meal to start the trip. Got out around 8pm and our bodies were starting to crash due to jet lag and fact that we've been up since 3am. Wife played a little roulette for a loss and then I threw $50 into a new Jurassic Park game. Over a hour later and $50 turned into $210. Bonuses galore and plenty of luck we were happy w this win.

1030 rolls around and we had to decide "do we get a red bull and suck it up" or do we go to the room let our bodies recover and really go all out the next two days? We chose the latter and as I type this cery happy we did. This morning will be hitting Cravings breakfast Buffett and back to the pool before we gamble later. Dinner at Prime at 7pm.

Vegas baby.

Last edited by a moderator: Jul 17, 2016
  2. NJbadlands

Trips to Las Vegas:
    image.jpeg Breakfast complete and current situation looks good.

• Like Like x 1
  3. Sonya

Sonya Queen of VMB

Trips to Las Vegas:
    That pool picture made me smile today. I wish I was on one of those loungers too! :)

4. Dr Nostron

Dr Nostron VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Good report so far - keep it up!

5. Iceicecool

Iceicecool Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Did you have any trouble getting a lounge chair?

6. NJbadlands

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Yesterday around 11am pool was SWAMPED (also considering was a Saturday) but we nabbed a single chair for our stuff and swam mostly.

Today got out around 845 and got primo spot at end and row in front of pool. As of 10:12am still chairs floating around even pairs. Always loved this pool.

Plan today is lunch around 1130, back to pool. Then some gambling and a nap before dinner.

7. NJbadlands

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Nothing like getting out of the sun for a few minutes to watch some British Open action.

Great bartender at the Dolphin Bar.

Attached Files:

8. bshowell

bshowell VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Nice way to open a TR w/that pool picture. Looks AWESOME.

9. Fet297

Fet297 113 survivor North Vegas

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Can't go wrong at "the pool". Enjoy...

10. breanna61

breanna61 Super Moderator

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Ahhhhhhhh, to be relaxing at a pool in Vegas. Enjoy!

11. NJbadlands

Trips to Las Vegas:
    image.jpeg Time for cravings lunch. Shrimp, turkey and mashed potatoes, and the shrimp and pork wantons the best so far. Justified the price for sure.

12. Stephiede1975

Stephiede1975 Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Great start. I will be poolside soon!!

Spring Trip!
    Spring Trip!
    • Like Like x 1
  13. NJbadlands

Trips to Las Vegas:
    image.jpeg
    Another $20 in Big Bang after lunch and won a few more bucks. Back to pool for an hour and then shower and nap before heading south to Bellagio for gambling and dinner. Fremont after that! Great time so far.

14. Richard Alpert

Richard Alpert LOST

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Awesome start to your TR! Thanks and party on!
    RICHARD

15. NJbadlands

Trips to Las Vegas:
    image.jpeg

Just dumped $80 back into Big Bang and Jurassic but still up overall two days in. Eating and drinking well. Hoping poker tonight at Bellagio yields a win. In meantime let's throw $50 on the home team. Figure yanks shouldn't be swept at home right?

16. Geogran

Geogran VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    The pool pics say it all!

Yum, the chicken Rollatini is my favorite at Portofino! Really enjoying this report - hope to see a big slot win.

17. cvkelz

cvkelz Extremely Low Roller- like, I barely roll at all.

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Great report! I look forward to more pictures!!!

50th Birthday Trip to Solvang & San Luis Opisbo
    Heading Back To Laughlin For More Pizza!
  18. tringlomane

tringlomane STP Addicted Beer Snob

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Good stuff so far!

We've also had bad luck with mirage giving us the keys and assigning the room later. They waited until about 5pm with us when they did that. D'Oh!

Kicking off the Trip with Two New Hotels to Us!!!
  19. NJbadlands

Trips to Las Vegas:
    image.jpeg

Just arrived at Prime at Bellagio. Got a seat right near fountains. Excited to see what this filet tastes like.

Wife seems happy w choice so far.

20. NJbadlands

Trips to Las Vegas:
    image.jpeg image.jpeg image.jpeg

Great meal food was incredible. View amazing. Planned to go Fremont but were a little drunk now and gonna hang Bellagio and Downtown tomorrow.

Nice touch w complimentary anniversary chocolate.

• Like Like x 1
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.