1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

Fitbit

Discussion in 'Non-Vegas Chat' started by IM ALL IN, Jul 15, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. IM ALL IN

IM ALL IN High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    New to Fitbit about 3 weeks now and it tracks my sleeping, (confirms I only get about 4.5 hours a night ughh) my steps, my stair flights, heart rate etc. but something fun if I could, and really can't compare it to anything, but when I'm at a slot tournament like last weekend, banging the spin key solid for 10 minutes with my left hand and then my right (and trying to keep this outta the gutter), but honestly what does my Fitbit think I'm doing for 10 minutes, twice a day for 2 days? Hammering? Typing viciously? I don't know where in the weekly recap this would fall. Is there a list of what a Fitbit thinks you are doing to record activity?

2. RebelDiceMan

RebelDiceMan VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I have a Fitbit but all mine is set up to track are my steps, distance walked, and calories burned. It does have a clock on it. Mine was a gift and I am pretty sure it is the economy model.

• Like Like x 1
  3. Sonya

Sonya Queen of VMB

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I did a bunch of yardwork last week and fitbit said I went for a bike ride.

I love the sleep tracker. I'm up to 6.5 hrs average from 4. :thumbsup:

• Informative Informative x 1
  4. Onmyown32

Onmyown32 Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    My husband folds laundry and gets a couple miles in steps :) he loves those days. I tell him he's not winning those challanges fair!!!!

• Funny Funny x 1
  5. Onmyown32

Onmyown32 Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I do love the sleep tracker too. For the first time in along time I actually slept a whole night without waking up (well 6.5 hours straight). I am a bad bad bad sleeper, I'm lucky if I get 4-6 hours a night.

• Like Like x 1
  6. IM ALL IN

IM ALL IN High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I don't sleep either. I'm lucky to get 4.5 hours,,but I was amazed last weekend I actually tracked 7 hours WITHOUT WAKING UP...that was heaven. Maybe just being away. Maybe too many Crowns, but I only had one "restless",,,usually at home I get 8 - 10 "restless" which I assume I go from my right to left side. But must accord it to the ONLY day I actually did 10,000 steps, so I know I have to walk more to get a better sleep. (i'm trying, thus buying the damn thang)..

7. northerngirl

northerngirl High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    My daughter just ordered me a Fitbit. I have no idea how they work.....techie challenged. I also have huge sleep issues so I will be curious on the actual amount I sleep (guesstimating five hours). Interesting how many of us are sleep deprived. I am hoping it will help me get motivated to get my 10,000 steps in per day.

My only concern with the Fitbit is that I am a huge lover of watches!!!! So I just have to wear this rubber black band on my wrist in lieu of my beloved timepieces?

8. IM ALL IN

IM ALL IN High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    northerngirl I agree. I only have one faithful watch I wear on my left hand and although I didn't wear it for the first few days I now squish it on my wrist beside the black behemoth. I'm also pretty new to the fitbit. Another question I had last weekend at Bellagio, was I noticed when I walk I hold my purse etc. with my left hand, and I swing with my right hand scurrying to wherever I'm going. I do alot more with my right arm, while my left sits idle. Just trying to fool myself into more activity. I KNOW I don't exercise enough. I'm a bookkeeper, and at work I get a couple trips up and down the stairs to speak to the techs. FTR, after my tea this morning I am VOWING to take a walk before I go grocery shopping. So it will be the FIRST walk I've taken since I moved in here 8 months ago. So,,it's doing SOMETHING to my guilty self.

9. johnvic

johnvic VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I wear a fitbit. I bought when I was trying drop a few pounds and wanted to stay aware of how much walking I was doing. Now I wear it because I'm part of a challenge at work and the health plan. The best is a day like today where I rode my bike for 60 miles and got 28,000 steps. I would like to use the sleep tracker but wearing it bothers me and the flashing green light bugs me when I'm trying to sleep.

• Like Like x 2
  10. thecarve

thecarve Misanthrope

Trips to Las Vegas:
    10 minutes at a time, twice a day...? I'd assume your Fitbit thinks you're a 14 year old boy with inexplicable stamina!

• Funny Funny x 1
  11. leo21

leo21 VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I have had two Fitbits. I keep losing them. I had the Flex but I kept forgetting it for sleep and I had the problem of it tracking hand movements as steps as well as not counting steps because my hands weren't moving. I actually liked the low end Zip better. I thought it was much more accurate on tracking actual steps.

• Agree Agree x 1
  12. IM ALL IN

IM ALL IN High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Oh sweetie,,thanks..I agree, but wanting to know what the fitbit thinks I'm doing!!

13. IM ALL IN

IM ALL IN High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    60 miles...you are a God on a Saturday morning. I did 4 kilometers today. Two on a forced walk and two shopping.

14. cvkelz

cvkelz Extremely Low Roller- like, I barely roll at all.

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Okay, I have heard of them, but don't own one. After this thread, I'm seriously thinking of buying one.

15. mdee

mdee VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I used to wear a Fitbit always trying to get in my 10K steps daily but after
    awhile I got tired of the fad. Not knocking it but I don't really need a Ftbit
    to tell me how many steps I'm taking. One less device to keep charged...

16. Snidely

Snidely VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    My wife's fitbit broke after 13 months so she moved to the Garmin. She loves it. No more charging. And the Garmin adjusts your goals dynamically so it's not a static 10,000 steps per day.

• Like Like x 1
  17. Valgal

Valgal VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I use a step counter app on my phone. I really like it. It is pretty accurate on the mileage.

18. leo21

leo21 VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:

Thanks for the tip. I have another Fitbit to set up and eventually lose. Maybe I will try a Garmin after that. I am on my feet all day and can hit 10K before lunch easy. This time a year, 20K is no problem. The Garmin may actually give me some challenges.

• Like Like x 1
  19. Snidely

Snidely VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    The Garmin will send some slightly snarky emails such as: Looks like you're a little slow today. Getting a late start?

• Like Like x 1
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.