1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

Dollar just dropped rates for end of July.

Discussion in 'Getting There & Getting Around' started by Italladdsup, Jul 9, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Italladdsup

Italladdsup Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I have been watching for weeks now and the rates were higher than I have ever paid. Just checked and they finally dropped. I got the compact or larger for $127 for July 15-19. It was at $285 this morning.

• Like Like x 1
  2. tatterdema

tatterdema VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Mine did that last week, but just for a few hours, then went back up. I jumped on it, although it is still higher than I have ever paid, but 1/2 the price it had been and is now. This is for a trip in the middle of August. Just shows that it pays to check several times a day. I have been watching for a couple of months, and was pretty much resigned to taking the bus.

3. Italladdsup

Italladdsup Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I thought we were going to have to take the bus also. So glad the rates dropped, I even checked to see if there was a convention in town. Not sure why they were posting so high.

4. Jimbucc

Jimbucc VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Rates for 4 weekdays in October were $185 and up. I got a stinking Nissan Versa hatchback or similar for $125 with the city special. I usually pay $80 to $100 tops with any rental company but Fox. I don't need the extra shuttle hassle with Fox. Hopefully between now and October the price will come down. I figure that I better lock in $125 to be safe because these rental rates are killing us.

5. willywilkes

willywilkes Low-Roller

Mid August I've had matching drops on thrifty and dollar. Both had been $250-300 for 4 days, I'm down to $108- in my opinion it's always best to book early and rebook often!

6. KKB

KKB VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Car rental rates were through the roof for both our trips this summer--$300-500/wk for midsize??!!
    Thanks, I'll take Uber or Lyft...or bus...or walk!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.