1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

How to use $5,000 in express comps?

Discussion in 'Misc. Vegas Chat' started by Drewm1972, Jul 9, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Drewm1972

Drewm1972 VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Hey guys..
    As you can see I'm ahead out to Vegas within couple of weeks.... I made platinum this year and banking on my express comps went over 5000 few times anyway it's maxed out.... And planning to use it nicely once we r in Vegas (family) anyway, any suggestion besides resturant and shows??? To use my express comps???
    Any ideas greatly appreciated!!!!

2. SH0CK

SH0CK Stylin' and Profilin' Quasi Tech Admin

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Pool day with a cabana :)

3. Multifarious5

Multifarious5 VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Not sure if you can use express comps, but if you're looking to use the express comps versus save them, Mandalay Bay offers a "Dive with the Sharks" Mlife moment. $1000 for two divers, $650 for one. You do need to be dive certified.

Now, it depends how long you get to "play." I'm guessing not that long, but still a unique experience. Don't eat steak for lunch pre-dive or you might smell too yummy for them! :D

4. JosieCat

JosieCat VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    A nice trip to the spa.

5. Drewm1972

Drewm1972 VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Well... Here's some breakdown
    Aria skysuite 2 bedrooms comped for 4 nights
    Mirage 2 bedroom penthouse comped for 4 nights (w 4 comped Baeatles Love show tix)

And my $5000 express comps I been kinda saving, thanks for some good ideas... Cabana would be sweet... I was just doing calculation and since there's 4 of us watching shows and food I may not have whole lot of $$ left do really anything else.

I hear you can pay bottle service using express comps (I called night club) charge to room or pay it on the spot... Can anyone confirm this?

6. Drewm1972

Drewm1972 VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    "Dive with the Sharks" Mlife moment. $1000 for two divers, $650 for one. You do need to be dive certified."

Yeah I am aware of mLife moments... And above mention activity can be fun however some of listed items are just plain rip off.... Even tho I could pay w express comps I think it's really dumb and rip off

• Agree Agree x 1
  7. nostresshere

nostresshere Mr. Anti Debit Card

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I would agree. I am sitting on just over $3000 in EC and trying to use them up. They really could reduce their express comps "exposure" if they had some reasonably priced Mlife Moments. The prices on some of those activities are just nuts!

For example - Behind the scenes tour at Aria at $5,000. Yea, you get breakfast and lunch, but.....

Last edited: Jul 10, 2016
    • Funny Funny x 1
  8. Jejas

Jejas VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    The truth is, if you have already accumulated so much Express Comp, you are a decent gambler.
    I would expect your next trip will be fully comped without touching the express comp.

Yeah, those Mlife moments are simply rip offs, and silly.
    I would not dive with sharks, even if they give me $1000. Why would I do that kind of stupid thing?

9. brownc424

brownc424 Tourist

I'm assuming with those numbers you have full RFB. Spa's a great use. I believe you can charge retail purchases to your room and use express comps to pay for them, but someone else would have to verify that. Otherwise, you could always just pick up the check for a random family :p

10. Jejas

Jejas VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    No, Express Comp can't be used for retail, unfortunately.

• Agree Agree x 1
  11. Travel Fanatic

Travel Fanatic The Arbiter of Taste Caviar Kid

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I had the same dilemma a little while back. In addition to meals and shows, two excellent uses I found for EC were the spa and buying chocolate at Jean Phillipe. Spa is a great use, IMO, but that's because I love spas. Aria and Bellagio are my two favs that take EC. And at those two resorts you can also use EC to buy chocolate at Jean Phillipe. Some of the pre-packaged items can't be purchased using EC, but they can be used for all the chocolate you want to buy, including the pre-packaged containers. Even if you're not a chocolate fan, they make great gifts. My gf always gets a few to take to her co-workers back home

The plans have changed
    Post-Shopping Recovery Period
  12. Travel Fanatic

Travel Fanatic The Arbiter of Taste Caviar Kid

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Some of the experiences are fun. Depends on what you are into. I set up a friend to do the dolphin training at Mirage a couple years ago and she loved it. And a gf and I did the shark feeding at the MB reef. I can highly recommend that. It comes with a backstage private tour of the entire facility.

I assume you can use EC for those types of things, but you may want to check with your host. I got both of those experiences comped up front (of course, that was a couple years ago when MGM was a bit looser with the comps)

The plans have changed
    Post-Shopping Recovery Period
  13. queuetee

queuetee VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Last time at B, a nice man was paying for everybody's gelato. He would announce " get the big one.....I'm paying." Guess he had some comps to burn

14. Drewm1972

Drewm1972 VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Nost - well said it... Behind the scenes Aria for $5,000!!! Hmmm well I have an idea how to get this experience hands and also have MGM give you money..... Get. Job w MGM Aria walk around behind "scence" then quit!!!! Lol
    Unreal..... Behind the Aria hotel scene $5000, seriously????? Are they really that stuipd? It's bunch workers running around trying to make hotel work!!! What else could it be!?!?!?! Working on gold mine???? Lol unfreaking real $5000 phahahahhahaahah

Last edited by a moderator: Jul 10, 2016
  15. Drewm1972

Drewm1972 VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I probably spend most of it in food and shows.... And perhaps spas.... Will see this is my first trip out there being platinum I was pearl then I learned how to play baccarat became platinum within months lol....

16. IM ALL IN

IM ALL IN High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I use mine if I'm going overboard. Like one time I brought my son and his 3 friends to what was supposed to be that GSP fight. The tix were $500 each, so my host pick up two and then we used my express comps for the rest. Spa days, like getting a facial etc, my host will look after mine but I tell her to use my ec for my friend's facial. Or, if I have several rooms, my host will look after the first two rooms and we sometimes use ec for the third. Or if I've got people down and sending them to Justin Beiber concert eg:, AND a show or two AND a couple of suites, she comps what she can up front and might use ec for the extra tickets. But I've never exhausted my ec. Currently I'm still at Bellagio till tomorrow and asked my host here if I could get a couple tix to Carrot Top and he said he would have to use my express comps. He said B is the ONLY hotel that can't comp other MLife hotel show tix? I like the suggestion someone up top...buying gelato for everyone! Karma's good.

17. Drewm1972

Drewm1972 VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Yeah... Currently I do that here in Midwest I bring friends to Wolfgang steak house and we chow down and I pay with my express comps...otherwise it will just top out at 5000 and I will lose my rest (anything goes over 5000)

18. nostresshere

nostresshere Mr. Anti Debit Card

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I am going to do the Karma thing a few times on my next trip. We will see what happens.

• Like Like x 1
  19. Geogran

Geogran VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Welllll, I could write a really heartfelt note as to why you should just donate $5k of EC's to me??

No?

Wellll, let's see, how's about you set up a gigantic VMB meet at a place of your choosing and you pick up the tab using those EC's?

Kidding aside, that's a 'problem' I'd love to have..have fun using them!

20. Jejas

Jejas VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Please tell me when is your trip and where will you stay. lol

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.