1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

Comped room codes..to charge resort fees or not to charge resort fees, that is the question...

Discussion in 'Comps' started by Multifarious5, Jul 8, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Multifarious5

Multifarious5 VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    HI all! Some of you are so savvy with MLIFE comp codes, you might know what each one means, but I found this helpful/ interesting

On my last trip, I was REALLY surprised my comp had no resort fees.

I just booked my September trip via phone. I asked the lady if there were resort fees, and she said she wouldn't know till she completed the reservation. BUT she said from the code (which was GA something) she would be surprised if there were resort fees. Turns out, there are NOT resort fees for my september trip... in Mlife, your specific comp code can actually hint to RF or no RF.

Not sure if anyone even cares, but I found it interesting/helpful that the first couple of letters of your promo can actually give some insight into charges/fees.

Last edited: Jul 8, 2016
    • Like Like x 1
  2. gebruiker

gebruiker High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I would love to know more about this, anyone?

3. chantellevegas

chantellevegas Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I'm curious too as i never know if i have fees or not until check out. I will add my 2 cents though and say how stupid it is to charge resort fees on comped rooms through gambling play. If you're good enough to get comped a room, you should be good enough not to pay their BS fee you don't actually get anything for except wifi if you use it. I remember when they used to put 2 bottles of water in your room.

4. Multifarious5

Multifarious5 VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I know, fees are a bummer on comps, which is why I was so thrilled NOT to have them the last trip, and now this one. (I always call and ask as I hate waiting to find out at the end.)

FyI BOTH comp promos without resort fees started with "GA"...I just double checked. Not sure WHAT part of the code tips them off, but hey.

5. SH0CK

SH0CK Stylin' and Profilin' Quasi Tech Admin

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Was this for Aria? If I remember correctly, in the past, some mLife hotels charged resort fees on a comp and some did not. Though, for the life of me I have no idea who did and didn't/

6. KimiCoconuts

KimiCoconuts Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I have never paid a resort fee on a comp at MLife.

7. Multifarious5

Multifarious5 VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    HI there, it WAS for Aria, twice with no resort fee, but my first comp package there, i did have a resort fee added on. (But it was my first stay ever there...since then, no resort fees)

8. Geogran

Geogran VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Thanks for sharing that info Multifarious! Just goes to show there is ALWAYS something new to learn on any Vegas subject.

So, I looked at my two latest Mirage offers and, yes, both offer codes start with "GA" - that tracks with what you have found out when calling since I never pay resort fees at mlife properties. Interestingly enough, I recently received a new offer from Aria (have only stayed there one time before with no resort fee). This new offer is a 6 page glossy brochure that includes several offers: a comp'd stay with FP and RC and also includes 3 different slot tournaments - this brochure doesn't have any code at all, just the number to call along with the specifics of the offers. I called and they said no resort fees with my offers. Thinking of giving ARIA another try in Oct or Nov before that really nice offer expires...any excuse to go to Vegas, HA!

9. Jejas

Jejas VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Hi Multifarious5, don't mean to contradict you. I believe I paid resort fees on GA offers this year.
    Before this year, I never paid resort fee, regardless corporate offers or property-specific offers.
    Now, with PGP going on, more and more offers coming with resort fee.
    I paid resort fees once at MGM Grand and once at Aria.
    At MGM Grand, I was very surprised to be asked to pay the resort fee, a supervisor looked my account,
    saying "You have several offers there, but the one you booked has resort fee. If you booked with the other one, it would be no resort fee."
    Honestly I still have no idea which offer code has no resort fee, have to ask each time, even find out at check-out time and unfortunately too late.

Maybe you are right about GA code, but I am not sure.

10. Multifarious5

Multifarious5 VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Hi JeJas, you're always great, and it's not a contradiction. I was not sure if GA is the code at all, I'm just trying to figure out WHAT the "code" could be that tipped off the Mlife girl, and that's all I could see on similar characters (GA), it was a shot in the dark. (So I am grateful for your feedback on having Resort Fees with GA in the code, that means it's not GA.)

Who knows, it could be a number afterwards, or some random character...I honestly don't know. I was just saying that I was surprised that Mlife VIP services could tell I probably didn't have resort fees, just by looking at the code.

It's one of those Mlife secrets they probably won't tell us, I just would love to know WHAT part of the code tipped her off. I just REALLY like not having resort fees, and want to figure out how to keep picking the right promos...

Geogran, LOVING that you're going again. I was just teasing JosieCat we all seem to have that Vegas bug this year! I always love the glossy Aria booklets, I'm like a kid when I get one! (My glossy book doesn't have a code, but you can look up the glossy book offer on mlife, and that DOES have a code. Again though, I still don't know WHAT part of the code tips off "no resort fees", but something in it does it sounds like....if someone figures it out, I hope you fill us in!)

Last edited: Jul 8, 2016
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.