1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

SWA fares--KEEP CHECKING!

Discussion in 'Getting There & Getting Around' started by KKB, Jul 4, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. KKB

KKB VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    So we booked our July Vegas flight in April. 2 kids away at college this fall--only going if we could use points NO cash outlay.
    Flights were about $400 each (about 24K points). I balked a bit--we could get Allegiant for around $300 each. DH said no the point of this trip was that flights, rooms, meals & transportation were virtually free. He even agreed to coupon books to stretch the gambling budget (truly not his thing). Had to buy some printer ink through Rapid Rewards shopping portal to get him over the needed points, but finally booked.
    Checked flights every time got new SWA sale alert. Nothing.
    For some reason on Saturday I checked the prices again--we are 3 1/2 weeks out. Low & behold, prices on some flights dropped to about $288--WHAT??!! Flights are a bit less desirable--early AM, late PM--but it actually gets us more time in Vegas. And snagged comped room at Harrahs CB the night before & when we return. Since we park there for free, we have to go there anyway.
    Cannot believe 3 weeks out prices drop!

2. KnowItAll

KnowItAll VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    THats actually the sweet spot cause they know how many seats are left and what they are likely to sell last minute. COngrats on the airfare win

3. Travel Fanatic

Travel Fanatic The Arbiter of Taste Caviar Kid

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Its also Southwest summer sale time. They haven't promoted it this year (probably because they crashed their website last year), but good deals are available. I re-booked four upcoming flights and saved almost $400

The plans have changed
    Post-Shopping Recovery Period
  4. Tahoejoe2

Tahoejoe2 VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Does anyone know when you can get flights past January 4 2017. I'd like to book for Super bowl but SW doesn't go out that far?

5. joaks

joaks desert tortoise

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I think I read yesterday that the new calendar will open up July 7th.

• Agree Agree x 1
  6. dmr

dmr Registered Abuser

Trips to Las Vegas:
    And another thing - don't dilly-dally on their site!

This morning I was booking a flight (no, not LV this time) and the page for adding a hotel came up and I figured WTF, check to see if they have any deals in the area - took a few minutes and didn't find any so I went back to finalize the flight and I got the red notice that the fare has changed! Only like $3 higher, but still! :(

7. KnowItAll

KnowItAll VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Im
    Im convinced they know when you have been looking and do that crap all the time. Whoever developed that technology should be banned from Vegas as a penalty :)

8. dmr

dmr Registered Abuser

Trips to Las Vegas:
    A while back there was a report that one site (Travelocity?) was showing higher prices when a smart phone was used than for a regular PC. We tried it at the office and didn't see any difference except for the promoted items.

Yes, with 20/20 hindsight, I should have cleared cookies and gone back in to verify things.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.