1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

ALL GOLF ALL THE TIME 4.0

Discussion in 'Non-Vegas Chat' started by Packer, Jul 2, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Packer

Packer VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    It has been since January and 200 comments so here comes 4.0.

Handicap rant.
    Although my handicap is golf itself the SCGA calculates our golf scores and gives us a monthly handicap. I have been a member of the scga for decades. When in my late teens and through my 20s my index was as low as a 2.1. Then work and little play from my late 20s to 45 ish went all the way up to a 15.3. The last maybe 5 years I have been taking lessons'again, practicing and playing a lot (for me). I shoot a majority of the time in the mid 80s but also shoot in the upper 70s 2 out of 10 times maybe. Record low for me was at the Wynn two years ago when I shot 71. As you can see below I suck and the inconsistency kills me but I have fun and really enjoy golf. Today the SCGA calculates my index at a 7.3. That is ridiculous. I am realistically a 14. To me a 7 means in shooting in the 70s every round. I might shoot a 78 but the next day shoot in the 90s. I know it all depends on the slope ratings and so on but come on 7.3? I found out as of late they make their calculations by taking the 10 lowest rounds only! Even with that I don't know how I am a 7.3?
    Fairways and greens everyone!

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Last edited: Jul 2, 2016
  2. Packer

Packer VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    And speaking of inconsistency.. Rory Mcilroy just this minute finished his worse 9 and his best nine for the year in the same round.. I do this all the time. 48 and then come back with a 37... I hate golf!

[​IMG]

3. four to a royal

four to a royal Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Looks a lot like my scores! Any given day can be high 70's to low 90's.

Most people think of handicap as an average, but it's supposed to be a measure of your potential.
    That's why they use 10 best of last 20 scores. A few good rounds can bring it down in a hurry.
    I see a few of your scores you played to about a 5 handicap. Nice playing!

4. GamblingGolfer

GamblingGolfer VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Handicap is the 'potential' of you scoring 25% of your index. I. E. you will only score your 'index' 24% of the time.

GG

5. Snidely

Snidely VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I shot a 77 last week and 109 yesterday. My index is 9.8.

6. Nevyn

Nevyn VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Where had Ken been, btw?

7. Snidely

Snidely VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Ken who?:rolleyes2:

8. Packer

Packer VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Shirley you jest. Surely I can call you Shirley with a 77 then a 109.

9. four to a royal

four to a royal Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Score today--90.
    40-50.

10. Packer

Packer VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Told you. I hate this game! Easy ass course. Shoulda, coulda woulda score...72

[​IMG]

Last edited: Jul 3, 2016
  11. Nevyn

Nevyn VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    My mediocre golf year continues.

The irons have improved, but then the Driver was bad. Had the driver going ok Thursday (but not the hybrid for shorter holes), and suddenly I forgot how to putt. 9 hole round, 4 GIR in the first 5, and 12 putts in those holes. After that I got a little wild, had a triple, and a double and bogeyed the others for 46. The 3 putts were both on 3.5 foot comebackers after missing downhill birdies. Should have been automatic.

On the one hand, I feel like I'll need some range sessions to get enough reps to get all the clubs going at once. On the other, my complete failure when practicing tons early in the year has me throwing up my hands. I don't want to get back in the hell of thinking too much about everything I am doing while trying to swing.

12. Packer

Packer VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Golf gods, big game tomorrow. Besides health for me, my boy, family and all these people here please let me play golf with consistency, not miss anything under 5 1/2 feet, no 3 putts, no doubles and for sure please no triples tomorrow. Please let me shoot between a 78 and 83.
    Thank you golf gods thank you!

13. Packer

Packer VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Up and ready. Most importantly golf gods, please let my back not hurt! Off we go!

14. Big Tip

Big Tip VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I have a problem with the handicap thing too. Same story with me. But, betting higher handicaps, it doesn't matter. If they are "on" that day, and you are "off" they will, and should, beat you.

15. Packer

Packer VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Well, finished and......

Not happy. [emoji24]

84 but didn't win one hole for my partner. Played like crap. Embarrassing. VEGASBJ, hopefully I will play better tomorrow..

Last edited: Jul 10, 2016
  16. Packer

Packer VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Thinking about extending my August trip to fit in Wolf and Coyote in Mesquite. That is as long as greens and fairways haven't been punched or no overseeding is going on.
    It's an hour drive from the strip but my buddy and I have never been out there.
    Anyone know if its worth the drive?

17. Big Tip

Big Tip VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Both are worth the drive.
    Call them now and get their punching schedule. They know weeks in advance usually.

18. wanker751

wanker751 Dutch Rudder Enthusiast

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Wolf was awsome on tiger Woods Golf for ps3. I will drive that way one day to play there. Sadly I get caught up in vegas and never want to "waste" the day.

Especially in summer my fatass would be drained! Lol

As for golf after last year having summer off due to the desk thrown into my knee. I went out once this year but now developed tendonitis in my wrist. I think it may be from holding the baby? Ugh either way once it feels better I will hit it hard this summer. I miss the game..

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.