1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

Roomba Cha cha cha

Discussion in 'Non-Vegas Chat' started by JJLV, Jun 28, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. JJLV

JJLV High-Roller

Frozen Tundra. Desert dream died with him.
    Trips to Las Vegas:
    So just sitting here surfing the web as my Roomba has been vacuuming for over an hour now. As reading here, I picked up my legs for it to run under and just chuckled. Perhaps a weird place to share but I do not belong to any other boards or chats as this. Man oh man, people... I absolutely LOVE this thing. I never thought it would truly almost be a life changer. (In fact, it is) I never thought I would buy one and I didn't. I guess I thought it was too expensive and a lazy way out. (what's wrong with lazy anyway)? I won it a few months ago on a silly face book game. I had/ have a great manual vac I hardly lug out now.

If you have thought about it, do it. Seriously. An investment for sure but just wow I am happy with this thing. (Free always does help:) I already dusted the whole house as it started so has cut my cleaning time in half. Oh and that back ache after vacuuming. GONE. We have a rather large basement rec room hardly used. To be honest I never vacuumed enough. Now I take down once a week and just let it run till dies. I was so amazed at the junk it got the first time. Now just regular maintenance. Wish I had got one ages ago. No, I am not affiliated with Roomba. Just a happy roomba owner :)

Just sharing. Thanks

I should name this thing as I hear many do. Any thoughts? lol. I was thinking Bazinga.

• Like Like x 1
  2. Sonya

Sonya Queen of VMB

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I want one, but my husband balks at the price. Probably because he never lugs around the monster vacuum here. :)

I keep asking Santa for one, but no luck so far.

3. JJLV

JJLV High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Make him vac so he can see what it is like. Push and push for it. Read my post to him. Beg, borrow, steal just Get it!
    How about... oops the vac broke. Darn have to get a new one! :)

Others that have one, share here so Sonya can have more evidence. She deserves it!!

4. breanna61

breanna61 Super Moderator

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I thought about getting one but I am positive my doodle Jaxon would chase and destroy lol

5. JJLV

JJLV High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I actually hoped my cat would ride it so I could video it. He is indifferent to it. It gets so near him and he doesn't even move. I did try to put him on it for a ride. Didn't have a shark outfit so I guess he just was not into it. btw... it just now docked itself to charge. BAZINGA!

• Funny Funny x 1
  6. mdee

mdee VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I think I still have one of the original ones around here somewhere. I bought it in the mid 2000's.
    I used it all the time. Not sure why I stopped using it. Maybe the fad wore off. I should look for it.

7. JJLV

JJLV High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    If not using, Send it to Sonya :)

8. Sonya

Sonya Queen of VMB

Trips to Las Vegas:
    LOL! Yes! Send me all your Roombas! I want a fleet of them so I never have to push the heavy vacuum again. :haha:

I do worry a bit about my dog attacking it. But she's little and not likely to do too much damage. I read this to my husband and he just made a pouty face and said "Sorry". I'm going to take that as an admission of wrongdoing and make a plan to go get one. Costco sometimes has them on sale for what seems like a decent price.

9. JJLV

JJLV High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Watch bed bath and beyond as well with the 20% off coupons. I checked prices when got mine to see what it was worth. Mine is a 770 series. As we know I love it so can recommend. It does often go over same areas quite often again and again but eventually gets it all. I would love to get the latest model 980 as they say even more powerful and knows where it has been, goes in a true path. But mega moola.

The 770 has these features which are great:
    • Dual-HEPA filters that capture dust particles as fine as 0.3 microns.
    • The 760, 770, and 780 models have the AeroVac Series 2 bins that holds more than standard bins and also pulls debris and hair from brushes into the bin.
    • The 770 and 780 models have the Dirt Detect Series 2 technology that uses optical sensors to detect dirt and debris in addition to acoustic sensors used in the other models. < I love this dirt detect feature. I often see it lighting up a special light that says it detects more dirt and goes back and forth over it till all up. I can see it does this where my cat lays a lot. Sooo cool.
    Bazinga :)

• Informative Informative x 1
  10. Breeze147

Breeze147 Button Man

Trips to Las Vegas:
    What is vacuuming?

11. JJLV

JJLV High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Oh come on, you know... it's the act of sucking with an electric device ;)

• Funny Funny x 1
  12. Breeze147

Breeze147 Button Man

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I think Hustler sells those.

• Like Like x 1
  13. Sonya

Sonya Queen of VMB

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Are they cheaper than a Roomba? How are they at getting the dust bunnies under the bed? :wink2:

14. breanna61

breanna61 Super Moderator

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I bet they are very effective at under the bed dust bunnies if the wife arrives home unexpectedly while the hustler model is working.

• Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  15. oghuman

oghuman VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I bought a Model 880 a year ago when I moved to a new apartment. I have no carpet except for a few not so large throw rugs in one of my bedrooms and in my bathroom. I usually turn it on when I go out for over an hour. Sometimes when I come back it's stuck somewhere or it started to chew something while it knocked into something . This could have happened after an hour or five minutes. The problem with it is that you never know where it went while you were gone nor can I figure out why it goes where it goes. I do like it for the fact that I don't have to vacuum very often except for sofas, etc. It 's nice to show when someone comes over that never saw one before. My friends kids love it.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.