1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

Bally's Blu Pool

Discussion in 'LV Strip Hotels' started by OldTimeVegas, Jun 12, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. OldTimeVegas

OldTimeVegas Newbie

Trips to Las Vegas:
    New to the board...

Quick questions regarding the pool at Bally's.

- Do they search your bag upon entry to the pool area?
    - How easy is it to get a chair? Saturday? Sun - Tuesday?
    - Would a cabana be worth the money?

Thx

2. breanna61

breanna61 Super Moderator

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I can't answer your questions as I haven't stayed at Ballys in years but just wanted to let you know there is currently sn offer for Ballys Blu pool on groupon for a cabana and beverage package for $109 Mon to Friday.

3. sybgal

sybgal VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I have never had them check anything....room key / bag / etc. Have even taken water in with me. Weekends is busier....to get a good chair....go a little early....like before noon....during the week....not usually a problem at all. Also, they have great drink service or you can walk up to the bar. I always use comp $ instead of charging to the room just to avoid taxes & I will tip in cash.

4. jbpiv01

jbpiv01 Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Was there last August. No prob getting in. brought drinks with, no prob. lots of chairs to choose from. I was there Mon-Thur. (120 degrees!) Nice large bar area, good drink service. Huge fans with misters helped with the heat. Pool deck was a little HOT, pool was fantastic.

5. mdm4sfest

mdm4sfest VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I will be there next week and let you know. Rented a cabana for Thursday the 23rd. Was $120 on their site before the gratuity. Kicking myself now that I see a Groupon deal although looking now, there arent any cabanas available the week I am there. Groupon deal is great and they also have additional codes you can use to save even more money.

6. kel3420

kel3420 VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I've been to the pool too many times to count. I've rented a cabana approx 6 times. Unless things have changed for this season, they won't check your bags in fact there usually isn't even anyone at the desk. But I always get there when they open, maybe it's different in the afternoon. There are ample chairs. You should never have a problem finding one. I love renting a Cabana and always do if there are more people than just my husband and I. We always get a bottle of vodka and mixers. Fridge is filled w water. Usually order a fruit tray and a cheese tray and make a total day out of it. Have fun!!

7. Blacklegs22

Blacklegs22 Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:

I just purchased the groupon for the cabana rental and was just going to reserve one when we arrive (In August). Would that strategy work, or is it advised to make reservations farther in advance before we leave?

8. mdm4sfest

mdm4sfest VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I would go on the site and see if there are currently any available now and then instead of booking online, call them directly and explain the Groupon. Because if one is available the day you want it, theyll force you to book online which makes you pay up front.

9. OldTimeVegas

OldTimeVegas Newbie

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Thanks...Will be using.

10. kel3420

kel3420 VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    You will not have a problem getting a cabana. Whenever I have rented one, there's only been one or two more than have been rented. Now, it's that said, I always book one as soon as I have confirmed travel dates, cuz with my luck they'd be sold out the day I'm going lol.

11. KnowItAll

KnowItAll VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    THanks for this post. Just got the groupon and called for my ressie!!!!!!

12. Onmyown32

Onmyown32 Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Today there is also a 20% off code making this groupon $87.... So tempted but I'm not really a pool person have to decide

13. gotChopin

gotChopin Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Quick question havent been in years (to a pool in vegas hotel) it used to be just one where if youre a guest staying there, you can just go and take a quick dip and hang out in the pool. Now is it different? All this talk about groupons and so forth tells me you have to make reservations and buy a pass to the pool now? Sorry not really sure how this works !!!

14. Nevyn

Nevyn VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Most places, guests can still just go down and use the pool.

But most pools have Cabana areas with amenities that can be rented, or daybeds for smaller groups or if the cabana is too pricey.

In short, its free if you are fine with an ordinary lounger (likely tightly packed with other ordinary pool loungers).

15. gotChopin

gotChopin Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Thanks. Thought so, but wanted confirmation.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.