1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

Non HOA S&B house

Discussion in 'Living in Sin (City that is)' started by ganto, Jun 26, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ganto

ganto Newbie

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Hello everyone newbie here so go gentel on me:D

I am looking for a house that is NOT in an HOA. Does anyone have any ideas on where to look for one like that zip codes would be nice so i can punch it in the remax site

2. vegasbound

vegasbound VIP Whale

Older neighborhoods are your best bet for no HOA. Often the bonus is bigger lot sizes too. Try 89102, 89103... Last year, I was surprised to find quite a few homes with No HOA/RV parking in 89183 89123 89139. We also looked on the far east side 89156. My previous house was in 89148. It had an HOA $12/mo. Rules were very basic, just for up keep of the neighborhood.

3. tominiowa

tominiowa High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Personally I prefer a HOA with a home. I don't like the aggressive ones but some type that can enforce some rules so the
    property can be stopped from junk around everywhere. I usually can tell as soon as I drive in a neighborhood if they have a
    HOA or not. To me a $30-$50 per month HOA is worth it in long run.

4. iskion1

iskion1 Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I would agree that you might want to reconsider looking for something that doesn't have an HOA. When we bought last year, we found the quality of neighborhoods were much better when an HOA was present. It seems that when house prices were very low, the quality of neighborhoods dropped substantially in areas where there was no required standards.

5. Joe

Joe VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Crap, I would have loved $30-$50 per month. Ours at Silverstone was $225. Glad we sold because now the new owners of the golf course closed the course and are refusing to water the grass, last I heard. I think the court stepped in and is making them water the grass, but the course is still closed.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.