1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

vdara amenities

Discussion in 'LV Strip Hotels' started by golfer1903, Jun 21, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. golfer1903

golfer1903 MIA

Trips to Las Vegas:
    i see the vdara suite has a coffee maker in it. do they supply the coffee for free or do i buy my own?

they say there are dvd hookups in room but is there a dvd player?.

thanks

2. JoJoR

JoJoR VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Last time I stayed at Vdara, my suite had a Keurig coffee maker. So just bring your own pods.

3. FormallyTD

FormallyTD Big Time

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I think it depends what room type you get regarding the K-Cups.

If you're staying in any of the 1 BR + / Penthouses, they give you 4 K-Cups daily. 2 Cups for the other rooms....but you can request more and they will give them to you.

There is not a DVD player in the room. Under the TV, there is an A/V component where you can plug in a portable DVD player, Beta machine, VHS, Ipod.

The ipod sound will be used through the television and there aren't any stereo speakers in any of the rooms....so your music sounds like you're listening to it through a TV (meaning, not the best quality).

4. vegasvic

vegasvic VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    What is this Beta and VHS you speak of? :goofy:

5. jr7110

jr7110 VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I stay in a Vdara Executive Corner Suite and they do supply coffee every day - I always request extra coffee (make sure you let them know if you only want caffeinated or they will leave decaf too). You can get milk, creamer or whatever you like in your coffee at any Walgreens or CVS and keep it in the room fridge. The suite has a full sized fridge and there is a water filter inside where you can get all the filtered water you want. (Regular Vdara rooms might not have full size kitchens and refrigerators but they definitely all have kitchens with some sort of refrigerator in them). The suite also has a washer/dryer which cuts down on the amount of clothing you have to bring since you can do laundry. You can ask housekeeping for whatever you need - I ask for dishes, cutlery, frying pans, cutting knives, dish soap and laundry soap. It's like staying in a apartment on the strip. I only use the stove for preparing breakfast in the morning (unless I have a bowl of cereal)...it's easy to make something quick then shower and get out for the day. Then I eat at the fantastic Vegas restaurants the rest of the day.

• Like Like x 2
    • Wow! Wow! x 1
  6. FormallyTD

FormallyTD Big Time

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Vic, you will not be able to watch C.H.U.D. on a Beta machine at the Flamingo....or could you?

Beta is the new way to do Vegas.

7. teflontad

teflontad Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Do all of the Vdara suites still come with coffee makers? Read that they took them out to appease the Starbucks in the lobby.

8. Hobofrank

Hobofrank Prime Minister of Idiocracy

Trips to Las Vegas:
    the base "Deluxe" rooms don't because people stole them along with towels, soap and bathrobes
    the others do though

9. JosieCat

JosieCat VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I called on another matter (late checkout) and asked about the Keurigs and said I heard they had been removed. She said the Vdara suites and higher still had them. Loved the Vdara - staying there again for one night in September.

10. jagdan61

jagdan61 Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I'm staying in August. I have the Executive Corner suite. So I should have a Keurig in the room?

11. JosieCat

JosieCat VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I think so. I think it's any suite that doesn't have the word studio in front of it. The Executive Corner suite is priced $19 higher than the Vdara suite for the night I checked.

12. jagdan61

jagdan61 Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Thanks!

13. jr7110

jr7110 VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Yes that is the type of room I stay in at Vdara and it absolutely has the Keurig machine. I am checking in this week so if there is any change I will post here, but I am sure that the suites still have them, especially if Josie called to confirm.

14. jagdan61

jagdan61 Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Thank you so much! I'm staying at the Vdera for first time so anything you can add will be so appreciated.

15. jr7110

jr7110 VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Read my post above (from last Wednesday) for some tips. When you check into the Executive Corner Suite, you can call housekeeping and ask them to bring everything you need - cutlery, plates, cookware (if you are planning to buy some minor groceries you can make breakfast in the morning, which I usually do, even if it's just cereal). There is a filtered water dispenser inside the fridge so you really don't have to buy bottled water for the room. Housekeeping will also leave bottles of water every day and you can always ask them to leave extra). The Executive Corner Suite has a washer/dryer - depending on how many days you are staying, it is a great amenity because you can bring less clothes and/or wash your clothes before you leave so that you have one less thing to worry about when you get home. Make sure you ask for laundry detergent, dishwashing detergent for the dishwasher in the kitchen AND dishwashing liquid for manual things you might just want to wash in the sink. There are two bathrooms - one full bathroom and one half bathroom. The beds in Vdara are super comfortable and the sofa in the Executive Corner Suite also pulls out to a queen size bed, which is good to know for future reference. The way that the Executive Corner Suites are laid out are in an "L" shape, so you will have a fantastic view - if you have a Strip facing room, you will see a good portion of the Strip and it will wrap around somewhat so you can see some of the mountains behind. The same with the Mountain View - you get the mountain view and you also get a partial Strip view. Try and get the highest floor possible for the best view. The Executive Corner suites are my favorite because there is no room directly adjacent to them (there is a fire stairway between the room and the next guest room) so it is super quiet (although I do bring earplugs anyway because if you get a room facing the Strip during the summer months, the bass from Marquee can be loud). You will love the Executive Corner Suite and VDara....it has a very boutique feel to it but it is still right near all the action at Aria and Bellagio!

Last edited: Jun 27, 2016
    • Like Like x 1
  16. jagdan61

jagdan61 Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Thanks so much!! What a great review. Washer and Dryer main reason I'm staying there. Maybe $20 trick to get highest room possible

17. jr7110

jr7110 VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I wouldn't try the trick right off the bat - first try asking what the highest floor available is (upper 40's or anything in the 50s would be best) and if they say there is nothing available then ask if there will be a higher floor available if you are willing to wait - sometimes they have a guest checking out and the room is not ready when you are checking in, so if you are willing to check your bags with the Bell Desk and just go and explore Vegas until they call to tell you the room is ready, it's worth it. That is what I have done. It does depend on what time of the day you are checking in and if those rooms are already occupied.

18. jagdan61

jagdan61 Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Thanks again. I read your advice to the wife. She is extremely happy with our choice.

19. jr7110

jr7110 VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    You will both love it! And the great thing about the two bathrooms is that one person can take a shower and finish getting ready in the smaller bathroom while the other person showers so it cuts the time of getting ready for the day. The lighting in the smaller bathroom is a bit dark, but it's a small thing. By the way, the windows in the master Vdara bathroom are NOT one-way glass, so if you have all of the blinds up while you are showering, soaking in the jet tub or walking around au natural, you will be visible to anyone looking from across the way - just so you know!!! lol

20. jagdan61

jagdan61 Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Exhibitionist dream hotel!!!

• Agree Agree x 1
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.