1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

Late checkin upgrade at Vdara?

Discussion in 'LV Strip Hotels' started by golfer1903, Jun 27, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. golfer1903

golfer1903 MIA

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I'll be arriving late in day on labor day. So assume people will be checking out from the long holiday weekend before I check in.
    Will be like 10pm or later by the time I get there
    Staying in vdara.
    Now I know it always depends but since there is no room assignment till you check in is it usually better chance for a upgrade or view room that late at nite or are they traditionally given away in afternoon and I'll get bottom floor room in my category that I reserved

So I guess what I'm asking is there a better shot of a nicer room checking in early or late in the day based on passed experience who as done both

Thanks

2. KnowItAll

KnowItAll VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Totally Random chance

3. nostresshere

nostresshere Mr. Anti Debit Card

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Since people check in 24 hours a day, especially in Vegas, anything can happen.

They either will have already given away the better rooms, or they held some back and will then have them available. Guessing it could go either way.

But, being AFTER the holiday weekend, they are probably in better than normal shape.

4. h0und10

h0und10 VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    How long are you staying? It is totally random but since it is right after a holiday weekend and if the place is not sold out, it could be easy to upgrade because they can probably assume the better rooms are going to waste if they do not put anyone in them. I have generally had good luck with later check ins on non peak travel times mid week and what not.

5. smerrian

smerrian View from Bally's

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I find they try to do the best they can for you. This means that the best rooms in your catagory are given out early afternoon (1-2pm) and they get crappier as the evening goes by. The worst rooms I've gotten have been late night arrivals. They usually tell me to come back the next day, late morning, and they can move me. I find that more trouble than it's worth and so try hard not to have a late evening arrival. That being said, nothing is for sure in Las Vegas.

6. JoJoR

JoJoR VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Last time I stayed at Vdara (summer of 2014) I checked in a little after midnight. Was upgraded from a corner suite to a panoramic suite. Low floor, but it was pretty cool.

7. Snidely

Snidely VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    10pm is not that late by Vegas standards. You're not going to change when you check-in so no point in trying to handicap the odds of you getting an upgrade. Might depend on just how charming you are.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.