1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

Bally or flamingo

Discussion in 'LV Strip Hotels' started by danny8235, Jun 10, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. danny8235

danny8235 MIA

Trips to Las Vegas:
    bally indigo or flamingo studio or fan excel

2. grosx2

grosx2 Have fun storming the castle!

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Flamingo if a party pool is a top priority, otherwise ballys. Don't know what fan excel is.

3. br549

br549 High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Agree with grosx2 about the pool. I think OP meant Fab Executive, which is basically a Fab Room, just a little larger and I believe on the top floors. Indigo rooms are a little dated but still nice and pretty large.

4. jgates8

jgates8 VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Indigo rooms are still decent - I have become very fond of Ballys. If you have a minimal upgrade charge the Jubilee room has a mini coffee maker, mini-fridge and shower only (no tub). My bff said she would have been content in the Jubilee room (son had that) - they had paid around $35 a night for upgrade to Jubilee and felt she would have been fine without it. I would upgrade myself at a low rate if available - just for convenience of fridge & coffee maker.

5. danny8235

danny8235 MIA

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Have had good luck before rquesting upgrade to Jubilee at check-In Hope wil add Jubilee to my comp list before going in late Aug

6. DJ Ran

DJ Ran VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Ballys

7. brownies95

brownies95 Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    We have stayed at both and prefer the Flamingo.

8. danny8235

danny8235 MIA

Trips to Las Vegas:
    What advantage does Flamingo have over Ballys???

9. jgates8

jgates8 VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Access to more food venues quicker

Party pool area

Access to Linq

I do like Go rooms - just stayed so many times in a few years that Ballys has become a comfortable change. If they said 'sorry we have to move you to Flamingo, I'd say sure.

10. azlefty

azlefty VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I thought Ballys spa is nicer.

11. Snidely

Snidely VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Bally's if you're old. Flamingo if you're young.

• Like Like x 1
  12. Pistol

Pistol Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I stayed at Bally's for the first time a couple of weeks ago. I stayed in the Indigo tower and was upgraded to a Jacuzzi suite. It was okay; big but I found it to be kind of dated. I found Bally's as a whole to be dated and in need of a remodel. I've never stayed at the Flamingo but after staying at Paris many times and Planet Hollywood I thought Bally's was a step below both properties. There really isn't much there to keep you on the property as far as food options and night clubs; thankfully it's attached to Paris. We got a great deal at Bally's but next time I'll stay at Paris, Caesars or Planet Hollywood .

13. jrinct1

jrinct1 VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Never cared for the Ballys property. The " big bird" gets my vote.

14. bjpcyclone

bjpcyclone High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Until Flamingo gets their elevators fixed, I'd go Bally's. If a party pool is a top priority, I'd consider Flamingo but still not sure I'd choose it.

15. dreric

dreric Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I have only stayed at Bally's but I really enjoy it. Yes, the indigo rooms are a bit dated, but I asked nicely the last time I stayed there (and it was a Saturday night), and was upgraded to a Jubilee room for no charge. Most importantly, I found the room clean with a comfortable bed.

16. Blueberries

Blueberries Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I've stayed at both, I enjoyed both, there is no wrong choice.

The Flamingo has a great pool, many young adults , BUT the slowest elevators ever with tons of guests trying to get on at the same time. It can get a bit irritating with people pushing in front to get on first. That was my experience, but still enjoyed the hotel and the fun atmosphere. My DH did not like Flamingo, waiting on elevators and he doesn't take too kindly to others pushing him out of the way to get on first.

I like Bally's alot, elevators are FAST for the Jubilee rooms, crowd looks over 40, BLT Steak Happy Hour with the 50% off any drink and the $6.50 breakfast sandwich at Nosh is huge and delish. Those Bally cocktail waitresses are super nice with non stop service and the gambling on slots was alright...I always sat at a fav machine near Sully's Bar.

17. valleyman0505

valleyman0505 Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Flamingo if you want a party pool. Ballys if you want "old people pool". If pool doesn't matter, I'd choose Flamingo any day. I LOVE gambling in Margaritaville. It's small, but great atmosphere, and literally a couple steps off the Strip sidewalk. More centrally located for Cromwell, Linq, Caesars, Harrahs. Also, if you get in the front tower, it is a very short walk to the Strip from the elevators. The elevators can be slow, but there are some tricks to that, though.

18. Demo84

Demo84 Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Im staying there in August. What are these tricks you talk about? :)

19. valleyman0505

valleyman0505 Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    If you are in the front tower with elevators right by the lobby, make sure you push the button for the bank of elevators labeled as down elevators. A lot of people ignore these either thinking they can't use them to go up or because they don't realize you have to push that button in addition to the button for the "normal" elevators. Same thing on the way down--if you don't push that button too, they won't be called. Also, I don't remember if the lobby was like this too, but when coming down, we had to push the buttons on both sides of the hallway. Pushing the button on the left side did not also activate the elevators on the right side. Basically, every time we we went down, we had to push 3 buttons: left side, right side, and the down elevators. As long as we did that, we never really had any long waits

20. vegasvic

vegasvic VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Cool thanks. I'll just push every button I can see :) Or bring my ex wife, she's a great button pusher. By lobby elevator I assume you mean for the Spa tower, I think that's the one I'm going to request.

• Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.