1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

WAX pick up location at the airport?

Discussion in 'Getting There & Getting Around' started by Wall St Nole, Apr 7, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Wall St Nole

Wall St Nole Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I did a search on this in the board and found some conflicting information. Can someone tell me the exact location of the WAX bus pickup and what signs I need to look for in the airport to follow?

Thanks in advance for any heelp.

2. ddechenne

ddechenne Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    We always ride a bus off of the airport--the WAX if we are staying DT, the 109 or 108 when we are heading out to Boulder. All three pick up at the bus stop on the Zero Level. Go to the baggage claim area, and look for the escalators near the center of the area. The escalators that are visible are the up escalators, but behind one is the way down to the Zero Level. I think it is the one on your right as you enter the baggage area. In either case, there will be signs. Or, just ask any airport personnel in the area.

When you desend to the Zero Level, take the doors outside, and bear to the right. This is an area where hotel shuttles and busses pick up. Go all the way to the right. Where you will find a small bus shelter and signage indicating the busses that stop there, the 108, 109, and the WAX, and their schedules. Have two dollars in cash/per person and pay as you enter. It will stop at the Walgreens near The D about 25 minutes after you board.

Good luck and have a great trip.

3. Wall St Nole

Wall St Nole Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Perfect, this covers everything. Thanks so much.

4. Joe

Joe VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    The down escalator is just past the #8 luggage carousel. ddechenne directions are correct, just one caution. Apparently there is a little locals game played on tourists waiting at the bus stand. If you ask if this is the WAX and does it go downtown, they will say yes, no matter what. The WAX is clearly labelled on the electronic sign above the windshield and also on the side. Not very easy to miss, but make sure you are boarding the WAX.

5. Sue24

Sue24 High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    WAX bus ---- Best deal in Vegas!

6. john meriman

john meriman merri by name merry by nature

Trips to Las Vegas:
    excellent info thanks-ill be getting the wax in october.

7. Nick Carroway

Nick Carroway Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    When boarding at Terminal 1, are the WAX buses clearly marked as to whether they're heading downtown, or continuing on to Terminal 3? If so, how? TIA.

8. LoveVeGa

LoveVeGa Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I usually caught the Wax to downtown at T3 that is the first stop from the airport.
    Then it moves to 2 nd stop at T1 and so on to downtown ...
    just make sure you board Wax bus , not 108 or 109 buses...

9. Ty

Ty ?

Trips to Las Vegas:
    One local guy told me to take the 109 with him to the Bonneville Transit Center, then I could walk the rest of the way to down town. He was so persistent it rattled me a bit. This was our first time using the bus from the airport.

We had to wait about 40 minutes. We tried getting on one WAX bus and the driver told us we were getting on the wrong WAX, he was going south. I thought the airport was pretty much the turning point in the loop. He wasn't happy with us.

10. Turtleman

Turtleman VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    You sure have me confused. I've ridden the WAX lots of times from Terminal 1, and unless something has very recently changed, it goes north from the airport to downtown. The airport is as far south as it goes!

11. kansaisupra

kansaisupra Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Okay, I have ridden the WAX CX, 108 and 109 several times so Ill try to explain it.

So the WAX goes to terminal 1 and 3. As stated terminal 1 WAX location is correct. Terminal 3 the WAX is located above passenger pick up straight up when you get off the shuttle, straight out of the security gate. Upstairs 3rd floor.

Now, terminal 3 only has the CX and WAX. Terminal 1 has WAX 108 and 109. The CX and WAX are both express lines that end up going to downtown. If you want to go the south strip, take the WAX and if you want go to the north strip take the CX.

Now what gets confusing is when the WAX arrives that says SOUTH, it actually ends there at Terminal 1. But it continues onto terminal 3 and BECOMES the CX. So now the exact same bus ends its route being the WAX and changes over to become CX. So if you want to take the WAX make sure it says North.

However, pro tip. If you want to get to downtown, take either the CX or WAX because now they come more often, Waiting for two bus times instead of 1. they both go to downtown. So whether its WAX North or South. its the same destination. However, the CX will take more time to get to downtown because it spends more time on surface streets rather then the WAX which uses more freeway.

• Like Like x 2
Tags:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.