1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

Strip Suites

Discussion in 'LV Strip Hotels' started by dlw902, Jun 13, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. dlw902

dlw902 Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Hey guys, what is the best way to find the best price for a suite on the strip? I have obviously heard of the 20 dollar trick but often times, it doesn't work to upgrade to a suite, only to upgrade to a room that is strip view. I don't mind paying for a suite, I'm just trying to find the best possible price for a strip.

Thanks kindly,

David

2. vegasvic

vegasvic VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Are you in any players clubs? If not join online, at least CET and MLife. Then log into your account and type in your dates and it will bring up the available rooms including suites. You'll get a better price than looking as a non players club member, even if you haven't played a nickel on a card. That's the short answer. You can also search using the various travel websites, they should all show suites as well as regular rooms. The High Roller suites won't be listed but you aren't going to stay in one of those anyway.

3. nostresshere

nostresshere Mr. Anti Debit Card

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Few notes. The term suite means different things to different people. Personally, unless there is a DOOR between the bedroom and sitting area, it is not a suite.

Salone suites at Bellagio are one larger room. Almost all suites at V/P are larger rooms,but they call them suites. You can find this in many hotels, often called mini or jr suites.

What sort of places do you want to stay at? Many of the properties will list their entry level suites online. High end suites - not so much.

4. FYMYAWF

FYMYAWF VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    A lot of times all it takes is asking the front desk.

I stayed at Cosmopolitan over Xmas last year, was booked in a comped standard room and was fine with that, but when I got to the checkin desk I just asked what, if anything, was available for upgrade. No $20 trick. I was told a One Bedroom Terrace suite with a fountains view was available for a $35/night upcharge. This would normally have cost hundreds extra. Needless to say, I jumped on it and stayed in by far the best room I've ever had in Vegas.

In this case the timing probably had a lot to do with it. It was a slow holiday week and the resort was probably way undersold. Not saying you'll always get a great deal like that, but it never hurts to ask. As another poster said it's good to be a Players Club member, too, with my Gold Mlife I always get a room upgrade if one's available.

• Like Like x 1
  5. Kolmeseiska

Kolmeseiska Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    It's hardly even $100 extra per night usually. But yeah it's a great room, well worth it.

6. Rodent Pack

Rodent Pack S.S. Minnow

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Damn...This was the best room we've ever stayed in, I'd gladly pay $35 more a night.

7. Chuck2009x

Chuck2009x VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    For Cosmo, look on their website for either a 20% discount offer or sometimes a 33% discount. Even with discounts, Cosmo gets very pricey the closer you get to the weekend. But, each time I've stayed there, it was on a comp offer, which is for their base room (which is about $100), and I was able to lock in an upgrade to a Terrace Suite for $100/night on weeknights and $200 on Fridays, which effectively makes the price $200 and $300, which is a good price for that suite.

Between CET and MGM properties, MGM hotels have more suites because they're newer. At CET properties, suites always have higher demand than supply, so they're always priced high. I can get an Augustus or Octavius room at Caesars comped for 5 nights anytime, but suites at any of their hotels (except maybe Rio) are always way overpriced compared to an equivalent or better suite at an MGM property using an MLife Tier Discount.

• Like Like x 1
  8. FYMYAWF

FYMYAWF VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Hundreds extra for the full 4 night stay.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.