1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

Mlife Gold verses Platinum

Discussion in 'Comps' started by slotlady, Jun 7, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. slotlady

slotlady Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I know it is not a good idea to chase comps, but......I just checked my account and am VERY close to Platinum. I did not plan to travel to Vegas prior to October, but could if it is worth my moving to next tier level. Frankly, as a gold member who has been staying at Bellagio in recent years, I get very little value except for a shorter line at Bellagio café. Yes, a couple of nights comped and usually less than $150 in free play and food and beverage. In May, I asked at check in for a high room and was offered a fountain view for an additional $50 a night! I declined, but just an example as to how Gold seems to have little value. So, do slot players at Platinum level receive better offers? Truthfully, all I am interested in are suite offers and higher food and beverage or free play offers .I don't need a host, pool cabanas, clubs etc.

As a side note, would be much easier to go to Detroit for a night, but earning of tier credits is greatly reduced for each dollar spent.....So, assuming I get a Vegas comp room and decent air fare, is Platinum worth it?

2. Kolmeseiska

Kolmeseiska Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I don't think your tier has anything to do with the offers you receive. Platinum level comes with a few more perks but that's about it as far as I know.

3. Chuck2009x

Chuck2009x VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Platinum vs. Gold gets you one-tenth of one cent in additional Express Comps and one-tenth of one cent in additional Freeplay for every $3 coin-in on slots.

Let's say you do $3,000/day coin in on slots. Platinum vs Gold would mean you'd get an extra $3 in Express Comps and $3 in Freeplay a day.

How far away are you? If you're at 195,000 Tier Credits, it will take $1,500 coin in to get to Platinum and you can expect to lose between $150 - $300.

Tier level has no effect on your offers.

Platinum I believe sometimes may get a slightly better MLife Tier Discount than Gold when booking a paid room, but not for all room types at all hotels on all dates.

There's a full list of the benefits on the MLife website; personally, the only ones I'm ever interested are the ones that have a hard cash value and that I would use in the normal course of a trip. So I don't care about things like getting to see sharks for free, etc.

4. VegasSchemer

VegasSchemer VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I think Chuck is right. It has some marginal benefits. Lounges, lines, etc. I'm someone who regularly take Vegas Virgins around the town, so I find those free tickets to little exhibits to be a nice bonus. I often book rooms at the platinum rate for friends as well.

I think the value also depends on the property. At Bellagio, you're just another fish. At Luxor where I started playing, I was treated very well.

5. JosieCat

JosieCat VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I think the free cruise is worth mentioning as a perk that starts at Platinum:

"4 or 5-Night Bahamas or Caribbean cruise in an Oceanview Stateroom per year OR (1) $375 or $750 Cruise Fare Credit towards a new booking on any Celebrity Cruises cruise per year. Length of complimentary cruise and amount of Cruise Credit is based on guests recent M life play."

6. ebbinns

ebbinns Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I would not do it even if I was very close. Offers are based on your overall play, not tier level.

7. Vegas6821

Vegas6821 Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Agree 100%. My dad just got platinum from paying for his room, concerts, food and beverage. Very little gaming. His offers are trash compared to mine. I only generate 80k TC a year all from gaming.

8. grosx2

grosx2 Have fun storming the castle!

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Just curious, what kind of offers do you get, and at what properties? I'm a CET player but have considered testing the waters at MGM, and 80k TC per year sounds like a good estimate of where I might end up with them.

9. Champster1

Champster1 VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:

I'm strictly CET ( diamond the past year) but have paid a lot of attention to various comparisons on this and
    other boards! From what I've read most folks have given CET perks much higher ratings when compared to comparable status at MGM/MLife. Not to mention the considerably more CET locations nation wide ( and the Bahamas) that comp rooms are available versus MGM /MLife !

• Like Like x 1
  10. 44inarow

44inarow VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Not worth it for offers by any means, but if you're looking for an excuse to go to Vegas, might as well! Skipping the cab line is a fantastic perk at certain hours. And, as mentioned, the cruise isn't bad either (though I never remember to actually book that).

11. Boogaloo

Boogaloo Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Being platinum, I'd say the difference is worth about $100 (at least to me).

Free admission to some of the exhibits/experiences is nice (though it's always been weird to me that you can't use it on the NYNY Rollercoaster), and getting to skip taxi lines is nice, but that's about it. As others have said, play is what affects your offers, not your tier level.

12. Nittany1

Nittany1 VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    As others stated,you will not receive any better offers for suites,resort credit,free play etc.
    Biggest benefit for me has been the line pass for taxis and café.
    Walking to the front of the line after a major event at one of the arenas has saved me hours of wait time.
    I have not investigated the cruise benefits as I have booked my cruises through the RCCL and Celebrity players club(Blue Chip Club)

13. meyers67

meyers67 VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Put in the extra play and get platinum. If you win money going for it, then it's like they are paying you to take a platinum card.

Also, there is a chance that a girl that you are interested in will see your card, and that might seal the deal.

14. nostresshere

nostresshere Mr. Anti Debit Card

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Offers are based on your average play per trip. Not tier level.

15. Vegas6821

Vegas6821 Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    3 nights comp at Delano. $100 FP and $100-$200 RC. 2-3 nights comp at Aria, Bellagio same FP and RC. Not interested in the lower properties, but get offers from them as well.

• Like Like x 1
  16. grosx2

grosx2 Have fun storming the castle!

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I guess I should also ask how many trips per year and average length. Obviously offers would vary drastically if you are earning those 80k TCs on one 3-night trip vs four 5-night trips per year...

17. Vegas6821

Vegas6821 Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I earned the 80k from a 3 night trip in October 2015 and a 2 night trip in May 2016. Would have earned 100k if I only played at MLIFE properties. Blew about $1-2k downtown gambling. Food and shopping on strip.

• Like Like x 1
  18. Drewm1972

Drewm1972 VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I play here in Detroit a lot at MGM Grand and I think you can earn faster more accurate point credit here rather than Vegas ... I made platinum since last year seems like they track my points pretty good... Since you mention Detroit I suggest you give Detroit MGM a try...

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.