1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

$500k Wynncore Slot Tournament in August! -- I am so ready to win $150k!

Discussion in 'Comps' started by Flowers, Jun 6, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Flowers

Flowers VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I am PUMPED!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :woohoo::woohoo::woohoo::woohoo::woohoo::woohoo::woohoo:

For the past couple of years since I have become such a Wynncore fan I have always wanted to participate in one of these mega tournaments, even though the buy in is $1500. The tournament, however, is limited to 300 participants and there are 250 prizes, with the top prize being $150k in CASH and at the low end 75 prizes of $500 in Free Credit and 100 prizes in $250 in Free Credit for a total prize pool of $512,500 in Cash or Free Credit.

The $1500 buy in includes the entry fee, 3 comped nights and up to $200 a night in food in beverage, so $600 in FB. :headbang:

I am already booked at Encore Tower Suites from the 18th until the 24th, with 5 nights comped and the last night at a good rate with $750 in Free Credit and $100 RFB. This is an enhanced summer offer. (My host got the Free Credit increased based on my April play.)

I just emailed my host as I HAVE to participate in this tourney. The $1500 is steep but I think worth it. It doesn't say you can't combine offers and since I don't need the room I am hoping I can keep my current booking and for the $1500 have the entry fee and the $600 FB covered. That may be asking for too much but we'll see. Seems fair though since the $1500 is supposed to cover a room for 3 nights, which I already have based on my previous play.

I'm curious if anyone has combined offers like this before. I am SOOOOOO excited and my birthday is August 19th -- the first day of tournament play -- so I feel like this is a good omen! :trophy::lock::trophy::lock:

• Like Like x 1
  2. CalifLovesVegas

CalifLovesVegas High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Let me be the first to say, sounds Awesome! Good Luck Flowers!!!!

I will be doing a much smaller tourney at Wynn in a few weeks, overlapping with Harr tourney.

In the meantime, got Ven Cruise voucher pickup this weekend. Running around, the usual. :peace:

Will see how it goes when Aug rolls around...... if in town, will holler.:whistle:

3. Flowers

Flowers VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    CLV, definitely let me know if you will be in Vegas in August! It was great to see you in April and it would be wonderful to see you again. Good luck with your tourney in a few weeks!

4. jrp227

jrp227 Formerly KingJasonSlots on YT :)

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I've asked a couple of times to combine the offers and I haven't had any luck... Let us know how it goes!!

5. Flowers

Flowers VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I love, love, love my host! :love: So, he was able to work out what I hoped he would be able to do, it appears because the arrangements he previously made for me were not technically under an offer but instead were arrangements made based on my previous play so he said I am able to participate in this tournament for the $1500 buy in and the $600 FB credit associated with the buy in will be added to my reservation. It's amazing the difference between the service I get from him and what I get from my current CET host in LV. I feel like it might be a week and a million emails before my current host at CET could do anything similar, if at all. :( I was going to have a fair amount of restaurant charges, all of which probably would not have been comped off, so I feel like I have a shot at $150k cash (and some of the other great prizes) for $900, which is a great deal in my book.

So, jrp227, I was able to do what I wanted but I think it was because I wasn't "combining" "offers" but instead with the buy in I am using just one offer. Something tells me if it were a free tourney, aka no buy in, it might be a different story. Maybe the fact that this is a buy in makes the difference and I'm also not really using the 3 comped nights under the buy-in tournament offer.

6. sam_marques

sam_marques Vegas Vlogs Youtube / TeamClareVlogs

Trips to Las Vegas:
    That's awesome your host was able to work it out for you! I am soooo disappointed, I received the invite too but my dates don't coincide, in fact they never do, I keep telling myself one day I'll just book the extra trip!
    I'm hoping they still have the daily tournaments next month as a consolation lol

Wish you good luck!!! Would be amazing if a VMBer won the top prize!!!

7. Elf70

Elf70 High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I got this slot invite also. I was planning on being at Wynn on August 22 and 23 after first staying a few nights a Mandalay. (It's also my birthday trip Flowers!) I don't know if I want to invest $1500 in a slot tourney. I tend to do very poorly so I probably won't change my plans.

Flowers- my Wynn host is also my best host. He does more for me than anyone else. I wonder if we have the same one??

8. Flowers

Flowers VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Elf70, Happy August birthday to both of us! My host's first name starts with a P. And frankly, it's not just that he always is so helpful but he is always so RESPONSIVE and PLEASANT.

9. Elf70

Elf70 High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Not the same host. Mine is awesome too. Maybe we'll run into each other in August. Good luck in the tourney.

10. Flowers

Flowers VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Thanks!

11. queentata

queentata VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Good luck to you, Flowers! So glad your host could work it out for you! Now, win this thing!

12. Flowers

Flowers VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Thanks Queen Tata. I will give it my best shot!

13. jrp227

jrp227 Formerly KingJasonSlots on YT :)

Trips to Las Vegas:
    That's so brilliant!!! I'm so happy for you! My offer is just the computer summer promo for $1000 free credit and $200 nightly. I'll be ok without the tourney, but super appreciate that my host added an adjoining tower suites king to my parlor for my grandmother so we can celebrate her 75th bday! I agree, my Wynn host experience dwarfs anything Vegas CET has ever done for me...

14. Flowers

Flowers VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    jrp, that's a great summer offer + an adjoining room! I hope you have a great time with your grandmother in Vegas!

15. mansam

mansam Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I'm booked at Wynn Aug 23-26 on a comp. I've never done a slot tourney but am curious. Is the final day the 23rd or 24th at Encore? I'd like to see how it goes ~ I'll "root you on!"

Back to Wynn to Win!
  16. ACMike

ACMike High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I've always wanted to do this, too. Good Luck!!!

17. Flowers

Flowers VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Thanks mansam and ACMike for your good wishes! Mansam, regarding the dates, registration is the evening of Thursday, August 18th (the day I arrive at Wynncore!) and then there are two play session on August 19th (my birthday!) and the final session and the awarding of prizes is on Saturday, August 20th.

18. mansam

mansam Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Flowers, I'll miss your dates but Happy Birthday ~ what a GREAT present you'd have if you win!!!
    All the Best :beer:

Back to Wynn to Win!
  19. Flowers

Flowers VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Thank you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.