1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

Buffet Review From Thrillist

Discussion in 'Restaurants & Buffets' started by Camp Rusty, Jun 6, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Camp Rusty

Camp Rusty VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Saw this on Thrillist.......

Not really a huge buffett fan but have enjoyed the Bellagio's on occasion. Guess it's been a couple years but I thought their sushi was great, and I am not a big advocate of eating seafood if you are more than fifty miles from the coast. ( horrible day in Colorado post crab cakes )

Anyway.......here is the article, no idea if they know what they are talking about :drooling:

https://www.thrillist.com/eat/las-vegas/best-buffets-in-las-vegas-bacchanal-buffet-wicked-spoon-studio-b

• Like Like x 1
  2. bshowell

bshowell VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Well my favorite Aria is on here, so I'm good :D. I've not done Bacchanal, Fiesta, M, or Fulton St. And I can't remember if I've done Wynn.

3. dreric

dreric Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I have done 3 of them (Bellagio, Aria, Wynn), and I would have to rate them Wynn, Aria, Bellagio. Bellagio, in my opinion, has really let itself slide over the last few years.

4. YoungGun

YoungGun VIP Whale

I don't trust any list with the Paris buffet on it.

• Like Like x 1
  5. dmr

dmr Registered Abuser

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I've always found the Paris buffet to be consistently good!

6. KKB

KKB VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    From my experiences, (have not tried all on the list), I pretty much agree with this article.
    1--Cosmo
    2--Caesars (2nd only due to high price)
    3--Aria
    4--Paris (beats Bellagio for ambiance)
    5--Bellagio
    6--Mirage (but have only done breakfast)
    Have not tried Wynn & have not done any buffets that are hit & miss for good reviews.
    To be honest, not a huge buffet fan--typically overpriced, often mediocre. But the above buffets have consistently been quite good. Have tried them over the last years free or cheap with MyVegas, Total Rewards credit card benefit, coupons.

7. Jejas

Jejas VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Most(or all) lists are from those who only occasionally eat a buffet here or there and who also claim they are not buffet fans at all.
    What kind of value there lists have? Zero!

8. TehRed

TehRed Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Ate at Caesars buffet last year and it was absolutely fantastic. Yes it was expensive compared to most others and yes we went at the most expensive time of day, but we were nearby and hungry and we knew the place was supposed to be good. It didn't disappoint. The food was far above the quality of any other buffet i've ever eaten at, and the selection was great. I'd go back again once per trip at least, though I am tempted to try out the Cosmo buffet too.

9. vegasvic

vegasvic VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    The internet seems to be 90% lists now days. It's all clickbait. "10 things you should never eat", "10 Vacation Spots You Have To Visit Before You Die" (whoever made up that list probably never went to any of those places). And it's all subjective. I would take the opinions of people here over random lists on the web

• Agree Agree x 1
  10. Nittany1

Nittany1 VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Well said.
    Having seen most of the "Lists" that come out on Thrillist,I am usually stunned by some of their rankings.

• Like Like x 1
  11. KKB

KKB VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    "Most(or all) lists are from those who only occasionally eat a buffet here or there and who also claim they are not buffet fans at all.
    What kind of value there lists have? Zero!"

Why does that give a list zero value?
    I have said that I do not find buffets to be a good VALUE & that is why I am not a buffet fan.
    BUT offered free or 2/1 there likely is value. So I try them & for THAT price, I am honest.
    I have eaten at all of them on my list, so the comparisons are fair. (Wynn doesn't make it--have not eaten there)
    My opinion has as much value as anyone, as does Thrillist's opinion.

12. DESPERADO

DESPERADO VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I still love to read every ones opinion! i like to read Thrill list, but missed the buffet article. thanks rusty.

13. vegasvic

vegasvic VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    The reason I put more stock into the opinions on this board than I do random websites is that I can reasonably assume that those that post their opinions here have actually eaten at the place (no guarantee I know) while anyone can do web searches and come up with a "best" or "worst" or "must see" list and post it. I could put up a list of the 5 best national parks no problem. I've only been to one (Yellowstone) but I could make a list of the 5 best. No one knows if I've been to all of them or not. "Top 5 National Parks To Put on Your Bucket List". Clickbait. And complete garbage.

• Like Like x 1
  14. dmr

dmr Registered Abuser

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I sometimes think those lists are made up by bots.

15. NickPapageorgio

NickPapageorgio OG of the Sal Sagev Hotel

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Bots can't create lists like that. There's a lot that they can do, but we're not quite at AI, yet.

Nick:beer:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.