1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

Slots Best new penny slot machines with bonuses?

Discussion in 'Slots' started by KKB, May 23, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. KKB

KKB VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I am a poker player who fills in some time on VP. I get decent room comps, especially when linked with DH or DM.
    But I would like to improve my offerings & I read a suggestion on how to include slots into this equation with minimal loss.
    This suggestion claims that the new bonus games are set looser in the beginning to get people "hooked" & to play the minumum bet to hit the bonus (.30-.50/spin).
    I'm not sure I could even do this...I generally find myself very bored the VERY few times I have played slots--tho I did used to like the old Wizard of Oz bonus slots; and a Time Machine bonus slot snagged me almost $1K on a fluke $20 I threw in in honor of a friend since it was she who had me play bonus slots for the first time. Yep, even that win does not draw me back to those $ sucking machines.
    I might be willing to try this strategy a bit just to see if it works (it may or may not work...)--any suggestions on the newest bonus machines to try?

2. Kolmeseiska

Kolmeseiska Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Playing solely for comps, slots that you don't find interesting but VERY boring with an expectation of minimal loss is a recipe for disaster. My recommendation is just to forget it, but if you choose not to, I'd go for low volatile slots.

3. nostresshere

nostresshere Mr. Anti Debit Card

Trips to Las Vegas:
    The question might be:
    How much money to I have to throw away doing something that bores me to death in order to get a few hundred in comps?

(for those that enjoy slots, the answer is different)

4. KKB

KKB VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Just looking for those who know of new games...
    With over 65 trips to Vegas, I typically focus on low volatility games & one reason I don't play slots is high volatility.
    I may last 15 min. at this experiment; not interested in investing too much. BUT thought I would test it out for myself. Thanks

5. SnakeDoctor

SnakeDoctor Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I'm kind of in the same boat as you KKB. Although I will still play about $500 in dollar slots each trip, I've been thinking about playing some penny slots. I tried a couple last trip, and actually found it kind of fun. I tried the Game of Thrones one, and I liked that it was more than just pressing the max bet button over and over. There was some interaction. I just don't know how it rates for comps. It seems like my per spin bet is about the same (2-3 bucks a pull).

I think the newest ones are the TV show themed ones, but even now they are probably tightened up by now? Game of Thrones, The Walking Dead, Sons of Anarchy, Britney, etc. I have no idea, just guessing.

I also hope it doesn't hurt my rating.

6. spdandpwr

spdandpwr VIP Whale

Themed games with good sound can be fun. But, if you're losing hand after hand after hand, its luster dissolves. Hence, why I'd rather play bartop vp and meet people versus slots. That said, how do you identify the volatility of a slot machine? I can't seem to ever win on some machines vs others and would prefer not to have to trial and error every single slot machine.

7. benbrownjr

benbrownjr Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    This is going to show my age but I enjoy the Flintstones. But the Britanny spears machine is fun too. If you enjoyed the hangover movie then you will enjoy the slot machine.

8. tringlomane

tringlomane STP Addicted Beer Snob

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Without the PAR sheet, variance on slots is a bitch to determine. Generally speaking though... Tiled Wilds = higher variance. Symbols that pay on 2 of a kind = lower variance.

• Like Like x 1
  9. Multifarious5

Multifarious5 VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    In Vegas now, sorry, no live trip report....don't want to jinx things.

BUT, "Quick Hits" by FAR (in my experience, subjective) are the best for bonuses and making money last. Not quick hit platinum though, they throw in stupid scatter pays that just mess up paybacks.

QH black velvet and QH "Free Game Fever" are both winners in my book. Not as fun as themed games, but much better payout...if you bet max. (And I try to focus on QH with a max of 1.50, not 3 or 6)

Ok, switching to cosmo tomorrow...Holsteins and Wicked Spoon, here we come!

Last edited: May 24, 2016
    • Like Like x 1
  10. KKB

KKB VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Thanks for the ideas; I may last $20 & say screw this this is stupid, but if I could get some small wins to keep playing I would be willing to test this theory!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.