1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

Topgolf in Vegas opening

Discussion in 'Misc. Vegas Chat' started by makikiboy, May 18, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. makikiboy

makikiboy VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    If anyone is interested, the RJ reported that Topgolf Las Vegas will open tomorrow. It was open to friends and family on tuesday.

http://www.reviewjournal.com/business/golfers-can-tee-topgolf-las-vegas-beginning-thursday-photos

Anyone going to visit the place, please give us a review on it.

Hmmm, they hired 850 full and part time people for the place.

Now, is there parking for the place? Otherwise you will have to park on the strip (and pay if you park at the MGM properties). It looks like the entrance is on Koval lane.

Might be good to take a visit at least once. Not sure how well they will do since they aren't connected to the strip (or are they?) so we will see.

2. Big dan

Big dan High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Looks pretty cool, I might have to check it out

3. ken2v

ken2v This Space For Rent

Trips to Las Vegas:
    TopGolf is fun.

4. NJS24

NJS24 Voice of Reason

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Top Golf is fun, but go with a group of 4 or more. Otherwise can prove to be costly after a couple hours.

5. makikiboy

makikiboy VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Just wondering, what else do they do there other than hitting balls and playing golf games? Doesn't sound like there will be slots or VP or table games, I was wondering what the draw was for the non golfers and even for golfers, after your practice is done what else do you do there?

6. HOUtoLAS

HOUtoLAS High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    We have top golf here in Houston, a few of them, and we go for after work outings. You would be surprised at the non golfers still having fun. Think bar and pool or darts, but with clubs and golf balls.

7. gilly from philly

gilly from philly Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    From the photos I saw on Facebook, there is VP at the bar. I also agree with other posters, there are 2 Top Golf locations in Chicago, and they are a lot of fun for people who play golf, and those that don't.

8. Fafa2e

Fafa2e High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Can't wait. I plan to check it out over July 4th weekend. Is there a walkway through the MGM Grand to get to it?

My Longest Trip Ever
  9. Big Tip

Big Tip VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I am pretty sure remembering that I read that the one here in Austin has more non-golfers hitting than people that call themselves golfers.

10. ken2v

ken2v This Space For Rent

Trips to Las Vegas:
    The tours formed that just-announced alliance with Topgolf for that very reason, BT. It is proving one of the functional conduits for getting new people at least interested in the game. All these "growth" initiatives and PSAs over the past x years, crazy ideas like having manhole cover-sized holes, didn't really move the needle. I'm working on my next column for FORE Magazine right now and my subject is all the things courses and clubs are doing that are not first-and-foremost golf-specific to get more people inside the gates. Heck, there's a program out there called The First Green that is uniting teachers with superintendents for hands-on STEM education at courses. (And there do seem to be some numbers suggesting that Footgolf, of all things, is proving to be a conduit.)

11. Bo333

Bo333 VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    The one in Austin is fun and always busy. Pretty sure I haven't seen anyone that can actually hit a golf ball there though ;)

12. jbpiv01

jbpiv01 Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    VitalVegas tweeted a bunch of pics a few hours ago, there are swimming pools, private pools, food, music, etc. Looks pretty cool. I assume that they rent clubs? hard to haul my clubs out for a driving range... :)

13. Sam in Ut

Sam in Ut High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Salt Lake City just opened one this week. I believe they said the cost will be $25 to $45 an hour depending on the time of the day or night you go plus a one time membership card for $5. Each bay can hold up to six players/partners. Lots of food and drinks to choose from. I think I'll wait & go to the vegas top golf for my first try.

14. HOUtoLAS

HOUtoLAS High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    They have clubs in each bay.

15. Big Tip

Big Tip VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Don't wait for Vegas. Do it at home. Why waste Vegas time doing something you can do at home. I doubt if the Las Vegas one is going to be any more slick than the one in Salt Lake City. At least not that much more slick to make it worth it. It will probably cost more though!

That is the same mentality I have about strip clubs. Not doing something in Las Vegas that I can do at home I mean. Not that I go to them here at home anymore. The only one I ever went to in Las Vegas was Sapphire and I only did that because they touted themselves as being the biggest one in the world. After going I don't believe that. But I digress! lol

16. Breeze147

Breeze147 Button Man

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Are singles welcome? Is there a starter?

17. Fafa2e

Fafa2e High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Has anyone been to TopGolf Las Vegas yet? I read some reviews that there were long waits, problems with the scoring system, and generally bad service, all with typical Vegas exorbitant prices. I was thinking of trying this out on my upcoming trip, but I may wait until they've worked out the kinks and the weather gets a bit cooler.

Please post if you've had an opportunity to check out TopGolf Las Vegas.

My Longest Trip Ever
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.